• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Is there any chance of Mac demo of the game? As i run a MacBook Pro Late 2010 model. I meet every requirement, but the requirements on mac game are usually not so precise compared to Windows games requirements..

Is there any chance of Mac demo of the game? As i run a MacBook Pro Late 2010 model. I meet every requirement, but the requirements on mac game are usually not so precise compared to Windows games requirements..

I have been playing on a slightly outdated Macbooc (not Pro) in Bootcamp and it runs fine. My computer meets all the minimum requirements, except I have an integrated graphics card, and I still have no issues playing. Granted, I haven't tried the Mac version yet, but if it runs in Windows, it should run under OSX.

Macbook fan always one

I have a brand new macbook pro more than up to the requirements needed to play the game...and I've noticed the macbook gets really hot when playing CK2...and obviously the fans kick in at maximum speed (quite loud too). This happens constantly, even when the screen is still and I'm just reading data...

I know this is kinda normal, I just wonder why all this processing power usage for a game which is not Far Cry or Call of duty...nothing really taxing for both CPU and GPU is really happening...

Any chance a future patch will optimize this?

thanks!

Thank you, Paradox, for taking the time to develop a Mac version. It's far more convenient, being able to play CKII without having to restart my machine constantly.

I have a brand new macbook pro more than up to the requirements needed to play the game...and I've noticed the macbook gets really hot when playing CK2...and obviously the fans kick in at maximum speed (quite loud too). This happens constantly, even when the screen is still and I'm just reading data...

I know this is kinda normal, I just wonder why all this processing power usage for a game which is not Far Cry or Call of duty...nothing really taxing for both CPU and GPU is really happening...

Any chance a future patch will optimize this?

thanks!

This migth be a shock but graphic heavy games take a lot less out of a machine than a strategy game that makes more calculations than those games. Not to mention that this game uses the graphic card more intensivly than any 3d shooter ever does as it loads a lot of calculations to graphic card using its memory. So if you think the game is not optimized you are quite mistaken as it uses all the memory it can.

Nice to hear Mac Version is finally avaiable. I downloaded it from Steam and can't play it. :(
Stupid me, I'm not able to locate the installed program on my mac. Tried every path to find
the program files and start manually, but steam got it well hidden.
I hope the patch will be there soon, because this is really annoying.