+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CK II now available for Mac

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

CK II now available for Mac

Yes, that's right :-). And let me put a disclaimer in here right at the top that release time today will depend on which portal you use, time zones etc :-).

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/20...ased-for-mac-0

Kind regards
    Susana

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hurray!

So it would be out on steam around 19-20 CET today, looking forward to it!

downloading via gamersgate right now, thank you!

downloaded from GG "extras" tab on my PC purchase from months ago and am now running on my early 2011 MacBook Pro. Thank you PI and thank you GG.

michael

Is there any chance of Mac demo of the game? As i run a MacBook Pro Late 2010 model. I meet every requirement, but the requirements on mac game are usually not so precise compared to Windows games requirements..

Quote Originally Posted by csenn View Post
    Is there any chance of Mac demo of the game? As i run a MacBook Pro Late 2010 model. I meet every requirement, but the requirements on mac game are usually not so precise compared to Windows games requirements..
    I have been playing on a slightly outdated Macbooc (not Pro) in Bootcamp and it runs fine. My computer meets all the minimum requirements, except I have an integrated graphics card, and I still have no issues playing. Granted, I haven't tried the Mac version yet, but if it runs in Windows, it should run under OSX.

Ok. Thx Chipster. Then I will buy as soon as my 40 page home-exam is done over the weekend. Cannot wait..

Macbook fan always one

I have a brand new macbook pro more than up to the requirements needed to play the game...and I've noticed the macbook gets really hot when playing CK2...and obviously the fans kick in at maximum speed (quite loud too). This happens constantly, even when the screen is still and I'm just reading data...

I know this is kinda normal, I just wonder why all this processing power usage for a game which is not Far Cry or Call of duty...nothing really taxing for both CPU and GPU is really happening...

Any chance a future patch will optimize this?

thanks!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, if you click the "My games" button and then register your game you might find an answer to your question in the Tech Support forum.

Well, I would love too but Gamersgate give a code? I can't seem to find it!

Gamersgate does indeed give you a code you will find it on My library --> my shelf --> Crusader Kings 2 --> Activation code.

Sorry for off-topic and double posting

BUT IT'S OUT ON STEAM NOW!

praise paradox

SO happy about this! Now I can stop my constant rebooting and play my favorite game from my default OS!

Thank you, Paradox, for taking the time to develop a Mac version. It's far more convenient, being able to play CKII without having to restart my machine constantly.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Patgarret77 View Post
    I have a brand new macbook pro more than up to the requirements needed to play the game...and I've noticed the macbook gets really hot when playing CK2...and obviously the fans kick in at maximum speed (quite loud too). This happens constantly, even when the screen is still and I'm just reading data...

I know this is kinda normal, I just wonder why all this processing power usage for a game which is not Far Cry or Call of duty...nothing really taxing for both CPU and GPU is really happening...

Any chance a future patch will optimize this?

thanks!
    This migth be a shock but graphic heavy games take a lot less out of a machine than a strategy game that makes more calculations than those games. Not to mention that this game uses the graphic card more intensivly than any 3d shooter ever does as it loads a lot of calculations to graphic card using its memory. So if you think the game is not optimized you are quite mistaken as it uses all the memory it can.

Nice to hear Mac Version is finally avaiable. I downloaded it from Steam and can't play it.
    Stupid me, I'm not able to locate the installed program on my mac. Tried every path to find
    the program files and start manually, but steam got it well hidden.
    I hope the patch will be there soon, because this is really annoying.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I would imagine its where you installed Steam inside steamapps -> common -> Crusader Kings II.

finally

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast