• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NF on Clraftsmen, keep expanding your factories and keep subsidizing them. At some point you will invade and occupy entire France, that's when you wait for their industry to shut down and take the market over.

If your being peaceful you just need to encourage your capitalists and craftsmen. The AI doesn't know wtf its doing with its NF's so your IND should shoot into space. Having 500IND before 1845 is possible if your willing to warmonger though, not really sure why its higher when you've been at constant war since 1836 but I suspect its the military goods that are profitable and seem to draw attention from your industry (Instead of building that 9th <insert bad factory> they build small arms, which are actually useful.)

Last edited:
Any ideas on how to keep the UK as the top industrial power without inavding the US? It seems like every game I play france shoots right up to 1st place for industry.

Is this playing as the UK, or playing as someone else and trying to keep the UK on top? Played fairly peacefully (established a few protectorates and acted on a few 'place in the sun; Casus Belli, but no serious European wars) and didn't have too much trouble staying ahead of the pack. I did establish plenty of States from colonies, which may have helped. And in the second game, the US wasn't a problem at all - Russia was the one two watch!

If your problem is France, just help Germany and prevent France from sphering overseas countries (for resources) and try to cut them down to size (in a war) or occupy them for a while to ruin their economy.
Otherwise, just try to get all of the small puppets in India under direct control, and possibly colonize some of the east indies.

Any ideas on how to keep the UK as the top industrial power without inavding the US? It seems like every game I play france shoots right up to 1st place for industry.
Play like the AI, without major human intervention I've never seen UK become not #1, usually factories are ridiculous and the NF buckets of craftsmen