• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
and another note... it seems to be an bug in Mamelusk eventfile... i can't gain Nubian culture and core on their land, even if i got the requested things for the event to fire.
so i looked it up here on the forum. And there was another that excperienced the same problem. So i hope we can edit that in around 1520 or so

Eh I really wouldn't have been able to cancel, I couldn't live with myself. I've known her for as long as I can remember and she babysat me until I was about ten and able to stay by myself. Thankfully I didn't have to cancel, though. :p

Another thing to bear in mind.

I don't know whether any of you have been following Magna Mundi (the new game, not the mod). If it's stable in MP and succeeds in ~15% of what it promises, it's the sequel to EU II we wanted, and spectacularly failed to get, in EU III.

The release date is unknown, but it's apparently gold as of May 31 (or not-this is ambiguous). Assuming the latter two conditions are met, John and I already plan to start a (probably Sunday) game immediately upon release all else be damned.

Unless there are major problems, I would expect a release date from Paradox in the next few days. Might be worth waiting.

I would have so been down for this, pity they botched it so badly. :(

Is there a reason for this rule?

attacking with small fleets to hinder an enemy shore landing.

That would seem to be a legitimate use of the game function.

I have played EU II for years, but never in MP. I'd be open to trying it, though I suppose I would much prefer to use a setup that is historical (if possible) and there is no way on Earth that I could set aside four consecutive hours to play.

Also, the house rules on vassals look a little harsh. Is there a reason for those as well?

It's incredibly annoying. Any naval battle breaks landing movement, so you can essentially prevent amphibious landings with it, or, in a more extreme case, trap an enemy fleet indefinitely in place.

Also, what's so harsh about the vassal rule?

Also, what's so harsh about the vassal rule?

Well, it just appears as an arbitrary decision to give the liege even more power over the vassal than already exists. Further, one could break vassal status at any time, and liege would have to decide how to react based on their own assessment of the overall situation; here, vassal must wait 20 years and needs permission or a successful war.

It's incredibly annoying. Any naval battle breaks landing movement, so you can essentially prevent amphibious landings with it, or, in a more extreme case, trap an enemy fleet indefinitely in place.

I guess that this is true, but I still don't quite see how it is problematic; it seems like a perfectly reasonable method on the part of the defender to use such a delay tactic as a last ditch effort. It would be the attackers responsibility and burden to make sure any and all opponent's ships are cleared from an area to prevent such a plan on the defender's part. It would appear to me, again, an arbitrary way of favoring one party over another for it's own sake.

In any case, I'm open to games that would have sessions lasting about an hour or so.

Yikes.

Not that it would be "easy" as such, but I suspect that 1 hour several times a week would be easier to manage for some people than a single 4 hour block once a week.

So, if 4 hours is the standard, that means the average game takes something like 12 weeks to finish?