+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Interregnum

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Cliges View Post
    Yikes.

Not that it would be "easy" as such, but I suspect that 1 hour several times a week would be easier to manage for some people than a single 4 hour block once a week.

So, if 4 hours is the standard, that means the average game takes something like 12 weeks to finish?
    well 3-4h. Many players often incluede many wars... and when that happens we slow down time.
    But i would say that 12weeks is possible, but more likly 15-20weeks. But it's hard to keep people dedicated for that long.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory

Well, it just appears as an arbitrary decision to give the liege even more power over the vassal than already exists.
    The way you say it makes it sound as if there is any power over vassals outside of those rules to begin with, which isn't the case at all.

I guess that this is true, but I still don't quite see how it is problematic; it seems like a perfectly reasonable method on the part of the defender to use such a delay tactic as a last ditch effort.
    "Defense" is not the only context this can be used. It disrupts loading just as much as unloading, movements across straits, and you have to factor in things like attrition, and the potential for abuse far outweighs any marginal amount of tactical flexibility it might grant a player. Further, this does not forbid "last ditch effort" anyway. The rule operates within its given context. A 1-ship attack won't violate said rule if you only own 1 ship, nor would a ship blundering into a seazone or leaving a captured port against an enemy fleet constitute a violation. It's the deliberate act of exploiting a gamey aspect of the system that the rule is intended to prohibit.

Of course, at its heart, "because the GM says so" is reason enough.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

it comes down to, some people abused the strategy and kept sending 1ship fleets vs 1000 to prevent unloading so a rule had to be added to prevent it

as for vassals,
    its not worth the trouble to vassal a player without those rules, they where mostly added to give you a reason to go after the option instead of taking provinces
    a vassal is a tough option with little return, the gold certainly isnt worth it and without a rule your better of taking provinces from him
    Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then is he impotent.
    Is God able but not willing? Then is He malevolent.
    Is God both able and willing? Whence then is evil?
    It pretty much boils down to: god likes evil, god is unable to prevent evil, or god does not exist. Take your pick

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Albert Einstein

Birthday Greetings
    High cholesterol
    funny birthday wishes

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by TC Pilot View Post
    The way you say it makes it sound as if there is any power over vassals outside of those rules to begin with, which isn't the case at all.
    The vassal loses 1/2 income, which is an undeniable disadvantage and would be so even if that did not directly benefit the overlord (which it does).

Defense" is not the only context this can be used. It disrupts loading just as much as unloading, movements across straits, and you have to factor in things like attrition, and the potential for abuse far outweighs any marginal amount of tactical flexibility it might grant a player. Further, this does not forbid "last ditch effort" anyway. The rule operates within its given context. A 1-ship attack won't violate said rule if you only own 1 ship, nor would a ship
    blundering into a seazone or leaving a captured port against an enemy fleet constitute a violation. It's the deliberate act of exploiting a gamey aspect of the system that the rule is intended to prohibit.
    Ok, that does make more sense in context (though one could always argue that it is still the other guy's responsibility to make sure no such fleet is around to disrupt loading, etc).

as for vassals,
    its not worth the trouble to vassal a player without those rules, they where mostly added to give you a reason to go after the option instead of taking provinces
    a vassal is a tough option with little return, the gold certainly isnt worth it and without a rule your better of taking provinces from him
    If one doesn't like what vassalizing has to offer, wouldn't be easier to simply not choose that as a peace demand?

If one doesn't like what vassalizing has to offer, wouldn't be easier to simply not choose that as a peace demand?
    That's why there is forcepeace rules. And sometimes there is better to resign and accept beeing a vassal rather than fight and wreck your income (and becoming vassal with high infla and loans)

Sometimes beeing a vassal has some benefits

The vassal loses 1/2 income, which is an undeniable disadvantage and would be so even if that did not directly benefit the overlord (which it does).
    It's 50% of province tax, not total income.

(though one could always argue that it is still the other guy's responsibility to make sure no such fleet is around to disrupt loading, etc)
    It's impossible to block pirate spam, and would be impossible to stop this against an enemy coastline with ports.

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

hey been away for some time.
    did this already start?

Quote Originally Posted by Diablosrouge View Post
    hey been away for some time.
    did this already start?
    It ended allredy... Lack of players

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

u guys wanna arrange a campaign like the last time that I even subbed for Hal? That one was cool :\
    You can count me in.

Arsenal of DemocracyFor The GloryVictoria: Revolutions

It's august Diablosrouge. Maybe by the end of summer someone sets up a campaign, but now many players are on holidays so it's not the best starting date...
    ...11 'playable' Asian nations, >500 new hist. events, >300 new hist. monarchs, >200 new hist. leaders, country paths reworked with feasible historical alternatives, AIs, accurate sliders, new graphics and much more in...

Second Lieutenant

k i'll be around this thread in case a campaign gets planned soon.

I think it's time to start talking about the next game. Most of the holldays has ended, at least here in Sweden.
    And if not: That gives us little more time to discuess

I should know my schedule for the rest of the year in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TC Pilot View Post
    I should know my schedule for the rest of the year in a week or so.
    What a coincidence, me to.
    Well the next one will be a historical one?

Second Lieutenant

Would be lovely to use MyMap mod (:
    I have this one: http://www.vojska.info/download/game.../MyMAPv165.rar
    If you got a more updated one feel free to share.

That's the mod we used last historical game. It is a beutiful map indeed, but unbalanced...
    i doubt that they want to play that map again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7