+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titular Kingdom of Naples

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Titular Kingdom of Naples

I started playing as Byzantine Empire and vassalized the count of Napoli and now I have a choise to create a titular kingdom of Naples, I'm not using any mods so when was this added into the game? it seems so strange

This is fully normal, whoever holds Napoli can declare himself King because the City is so proud.
    It is a titular title with no de jure vassals.
    So, the effective use ofd this title is, when you have a Duke you want to satisfie, and who is part of the de jure Kingdom of Byzantion, create the Kingdom of Naples and grant him the rank of Despot. If he manages to hold his Duchy for 100 years, it will become de jure part of Naples, but that shouldn't matter.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by knppel View Post
    This is fully normal, whoever holds Napoli can declare himself King because the City is so proud.
    It is a titular title with no de jure vassals.
    So, the effective use ofd this title is, when you have a Duke you want to satisfie, and who is part of the de jure Kingdom of Byzantion, create the Kingdom of Naples and grant him the rank of Despot. If he manages to hold his Duchy for 100 years, it will become de jure part of Naples, but that shouldn't matter.
    This is fully normal as of patch 1.05, you mean?

Are there any other titular titles you can create?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by KingJH View Post
    Are there any other titular titles you can create?
    Without modding, I'm quite sure you can create Naples, Trinacria, Nubia and Cyprus

Titular Kingdoms are not that much of a problem, you can make fair use of them to promote Dukes of yours when playing on Emperor rank, or to reach the King level without any de jure demands.

There are titular Duchies which I like to grant to my Baron vassals in my main demesne

The real danger comes when you or the AI liege starts to create and hand out those titles and mess up de jure claims inside the realm
    Last edited by knppel; 23-05-2012 at 18:27.

i worked real hard to get most of Sicily to actually be de jure Naples. Im 50 years away. What sucks is that i got my heir married to a byzantine princess for the alliance, but now because of various civil wars, she IS the Empress... their kids will eventually inherit and since my son will take over for me... well im gonna become the byzantine emperor in 2 generations most likely.... so all that work was for nothing

As long as the emperor does not hold any Kingdom ranked title when inheriting from you, the Duchies should still assimilate to Naples while Naples itself starts to assimilate to the empire as soon as it has de jure Duchies

Other solution is to change inheritance laws, if you haven't yet, or raise CA.
    With high CA the title cannot pass outside the realm, disabling the emperor from it and seting your son's second born in line, with Elective succession you can choose your candidate yourself, or with Seniority simply skip the young boy for the next 50 years very likely.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

In my current game Kingdom of Naples is de jure two duchy kingdom in south Italy and its becomming part of the HRE.

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

In my current Spartenos game, I'm king of Trinacria, Naples and Sicily, and I've always been greek and orthodox. Sounds weird.

I also have a Kingdom of Naples inside the HRE in my game with Ancona assimilating into it.

Just wondered has anyone seem the Duke of Brittany make himself King yet in their game?

Quote Originally Posted by Loderingo View Post
    I also have a Kingdom of Naples inside the HRE in my game with Ancona assimilating into it.

Just wondered has anyone seem the Duke of Brittany make himself King yet in their game?
    I have. Brittany can't actually become a kingdom by itself; you need two duchy titles to create a King-level title. So in my game, Brittany owns part of Scotland.
    "Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" -Anonymous

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yep Brittany has existed as a Kingdom in mine, only difference is its no longer in Brittany but down in some formerly french duchy south of Auvergne.

And Trinacria is a Kingdom as well I kind of like seeing the different titles pop up every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by iamjmph View Post
    i worked real hard to get most of Sicily to actually be de jure Naples. Im 50 years away. What sucks is that i got my heir married to a byzantine princess for the alliance, but now because of various civil wars, she IS the Empress... their kids will eventually inherit and since my son will take over for me... well im gonna become the byzantine emperor in 2 generations most likely.... so all that work was for nothing
    Not necessarily. Name a 3rd son or distant relative the King of Naples and give him all of the land which has already ticked toward becoming de-jure. He should carry the torch after that.

Yep, In a mp game. The king of France turned lollard and his lands were instantly devoured by England from the north, HRE from the east, Leon (myself) from the south and Brittany, obviously, from the west. They gained a second duchy and formed the kingdom of Brittany.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Not in my game atleast. It was long independent until it was conquered by some iberian muslims. I of course went and liberated it from the when the perfect oportunity came. Its now assimilating into kingdom of Galicia as I'm king of Galicia.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

My current game is as Brittany and after first 100 years I rule 8 kingdoms, but you probably want to know is the AI able to do it. The answer is yes. In previous patch, when I was playing as Anglo-Saxon England, there was Kingdom of Brittany in Ulster. Duke of Brittany had conquered part of Ireland and formed the Kingdom of Brittany, but after that he gave his ducal title to a vassal who later won an independence war against him. So there were independent Duchy of Brittany and Kingdom of Brittany at the same time.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

Quote Originally Posted by tnick0225 View Post
    Yep Brittany has existed as a Kingdom in mine, only difference is its no longer in Brittany but down in some formerly french duchy south of Auvergne.

And Trinacria is a Kingdom as well I kind of like seeing the different titles pop up every now and then
    My current game is as Brittany and after first 100 years I rule 8 kingdoms, but you probably want to know is the AI able to do it.

Heh, so true, when in one of my games Aquitaine suddenly popped up (to be reduced to a Barony in Aragon after 30 years), it was one of the more impressive moments of the game to realize France's territory doesn't belong to it de jure.

In my last three games I saw the AI d'Hauteville forming Sicily pretty fast to lose it to a Drengot everytime.

Rus I saw establish up once and immediately the Rurikovichs spread to take over the throne in Sweden and two generations later the ERE with cadet branches. Shortly after, Rus broke up when a little Girl inherited that the incapable King had finally produced with his young wife at the age of 70 instead of their heir to Sweden who was first in line before.

In a game where the ERE broke apart the Dukljanins managed to grab enough Land to form Serbia.

Brittany I haven't seen from the AI so far

+ Reply to Thread