+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Power of the Serpent DLC

Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlissett9 View Post
    Thanks UncleJJ, Grubnessul and Skyhunteren. I thought something was amiss. Plus I haven't seen the resource mentioned yet.
    Strange. It ahould be within two hexes of your capital and looks abit like a dwarven village in a swamp.

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by jk_bonn View Post
    See you in a few years then..... ( facepalm )
    LoL

All 50% off right now..

Facepalm indeed

Not crazy about DLC in general, but I liked this. Really enjoyed having another way to play Monsters, and it would be cool to get one for something similar for Humans and Undead as well eventually.

Only lame thing is that the koatl great mage guy doesn't seem to use the koatls units at all.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean View Post
    Not crazy about DLC in general, but I liked this. Really enjoyed having another way to play Monsters, and it would be cool to get one for something similar for Humans and Undead as well eventually.
    You could customize your mage to have Koatls near your capital of the other race.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    I'm a bit in two minds about the DLC. On the one hand, I really like the additional monsters, but I have the feeling they could have worked them out to be a whole separate race. Right now it only adds the choice of using a different type of caster/ranged/melee unit. The turtles are rather useful though.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaSword of the StarsWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

What amaze me everytime is the love and detail the dev but into the artwork and unit models. The turtle pen looks as lovely as the turtle themselves. The warlocks are some scary looking bunch with their medusa like tentacles but my favorite is the monsters pumpkin shrine. I have to copy that design next Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthnsk View Post
    You could customize your mage to have Koatls near your capital of the other race.
    Yeah, but Koatls have strong early game units, and really good ranged damage, which monsters don't really have otherwise. Just seems like koatls were designed to compliment them. And you have to choose between having a strong early game and getting your trolls out ASAP, so I think it balances out pretty well too instead of just straight up making monsters more powerful.

Humans and undead need strong front line fighters more IMO, so I'd rather use minotaurs or dwarves with them instead of koatls.

Yeah, but Koatls have strong early game units, and really good ranged damage, which monsters don't really have otherwise. Just seems like koatls were designed to compliment them. And you have to choose between having a strong early game and getting your trolls out ASAP, so I think it balances out pretty well too instead of just straight up making monsters more powerful.

Humans and undead need strong front line fighters more IMO, so I'd rather use minotaurs or dwarves with them instead of koatls.
    Humans have strongest mid-tier fighters (Veterans) and weakest mid-tier archers (Rangers). And they don't have any top-tier units without temples, so turtles come out quite handy as well.

Aren't Magisters top tier units?
    Feel free to call me App. It's shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthnsk View Post
    Humans have strongest mid-tier fighters (Veterans) and weakest mid-tier archers (Rangers). And they don't have any top-tier units without temples, so turtles come out quite handy as well.
    Oh okay, that makes sense. I'll have to try that out, I don't play humans much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Aren't Magisters top tier units?
    Not sure about exact tiers, but they are weaker and cheaper than Old Trolls and temple units.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I'll have to try that out, I don't play humans much.
    Just tried this. Works great. Cleared holy ground before I was able to build mages. Completed the first "Build temple" quest in time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9