• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorlee2000

Second Lieutenant
42 Badges
Oct 9, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Need help. Read how to modify a map. I changed the GPS coordinates of Flensburg. If you ever built an airbase there you would have noticed that even though it is closer to Denmark and Norway, the air distances are actually FARTHER.
I looked at the distance.csv file and saw that the GPS coordinates were inaccurate. So I changed it. As instructed I then deleted the airdist.tbl and navaldist.tbl files. I reloaded my game and it took longer to load as it was apparently creating new .tbl files.
So far so good. COmpared the distance from a plane at Kiel vs a plane at Flensburg and unlike vanilla the Flensburg was closer. GREAT, problem solved. Uh, no. All of the distances were significantly shorter. Even though in relation the distance for Flensburg was closer...all distances from all provinces were shorter. Vanilla Munich to Londan was 916km, but now it was 667km.
I went back into my map/map1 folder and saw a newly created navaldist.tbl file and navaldist2.tbl file...but there was not an airdist.tbl file at all. I thought all three .tbl files would be recreated upon reloading, but no airdist.tbl??? I wonder if by default the old pixel distance program was used by default becasue of the missing airdist.tbl file.
Any ideas??? Why didn't a new airdist.tbl file not create when the naval ones did?

Last edited:
Fogive my ignorance, but what does that mean? Does that mean this is a known bug and will hopefully be fixed in 1.03? Thanks

Fogive my ignorance, but what does that mean? Does that mean this is a known bug and will hopefully be fixed in 1.03? Thanks
You are forgiven :) It means that this is or could be a bug, and that I've reported it to the DH team, as issue #1861. This way, any member of the team will know that it is already reported, therefore avoiding to report duplicates.

Thanks guys. Obviously I am a noob when it comes to forum protocol. I appreciate your patience and answers. Take care...

Status
Not open for further replies.