• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was quicker than I thought it would be:cool:
keep getting rid of anyone more mediocre maybe. :unsure:

YAY

783K mediocre people hit the ground, EMPIRE MAKING IS SO FUN. Civil war my ass.

Even such a Mediocre Empire. By the way, that should be the name of your empire. Historians will debate whether it is noteworthy to say such empire even existed or if they should simply ignore its existence. But the mediocrity is so cute that the Mediocre Empire will be in the hearts of them all. :D

that Naples-owned Alexandria is very... disappointing. it perfectly fits with the mediocrity though.
Yes, but, maybe this update will change your opinion. Then again, if I do conquer it, it'll be even more mediocre.
You need to clean up your borders!!! Look at The Balcans, Egypt and Greece.
Bah. Clean borders are for squares!
Could we get a screenshot of Europe in the next update?

And attack Naples!
Yes and Yes!
That was quicker than I thought it would be:cool:
keep getting rid of anyone more mediocre maybe. :unsure:
For some reason, your comment reminded me of the one call me maybe song. But yeah, that was a rather quick rebel killing session, years-wise.
YAY

783K mediocre people hit the ground, EMPIRE MAKING IS SO FUN. Civil war my ass.

Even such a Mediocre Empire. By the way, that should be the name of your empire. Historians will debate whether it is noteworthy to say such empire even existed or if they should simply ignore its existence. But the mediocrity is so cute that the Mediocre Empire will be in the hearts of them all. :D
Hah! I should have a national decision to rename Hungary to Mediocria.

Messed up and forgot to save... again. Boy oh boy am I mediocre.
How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 18​

Hey again everypo-... I mean, everybody! It's time for another update!
Let's begin with a rousing display of luck. I get a core on Naples-owned Alexandria!
O1sUB.jpg

My wonderful, yet old king finally passes on. The next ruler is pretty mediocre, so he'll have to go soon. Luckily, his heir is rather decent.
R5Smn.jpg

Meanwhile, in Africa, Mutapa attacks me for some reason or another. I laugh at them and then take a province.
H9Qds.jpg

After that, I decide that the time has come to attack Naples.
kHEvX.jpg

Luckily, I get one of those really weird happenings, and Naples accepts a peace offer worth war more than the warscore I have.
KQfko.jpg

After that, I take a new national idea: Divine Supremacy!
06mNq.jpg

Later on, I attack Lithuania, who, believe it or not, has about 10 less land tech than me.
jIPdA.jpg

I also switch my mission to kissing up to Austria, but I forget about it, so I don't complete it. *facepalm*
5VxcX.jpg

I take my 2 cores off of Lithuania. It was a rather easy war.
Wp564.jpg

You know how I said that I was done with the hordes? Well I lied. The Oirats are still around, and I take a province off of them, leaving them as an OPM.
Alwb8.jpg

I take a move towards innovative, cause I really want to catch up in tech.
mPJ4y.jpg

I then attack Wallachia, to secure the Balkans completely in my name.
3hXeo.jpg

They are vassalized after a short war.
vpVUR.jpg

Now, let's take a look around the world.
First, Eastern Asia and Oceania.
Note the colonies I've taken in the South, and also the ones in North Japan and Siberia.
China is a mess, Champa is in Korea, and Japan is not being formed.
kshG2.jpg

Europe is a mess.
France has dissolved. Great Britain and Spain have fractured a bit.
Milan, Bohemia, and the Hansa are the major powers, and Lithuania owns traditional Russia.
i7sPH.jpg

Africa is mostly European nations, with the exceptions of Hausa, Mutapa, Fez, Algiers, and Morocco.
nj0gg.jpg

South America reveals itself to be another mess, with Naples owning the most provinces.
jqh6Q.jpg

North America is barely colonized. Spain hasn't finished off Cherokee, and noone is pushing inwards.
uJTzS.jpg

As for technology, I am now orange-colored.
My land tech is about the same as the best of the rest, but everything else is about 10 tech's off, leaving me about 40 techs behind.
bUIEl.jpg

That's it for now, folks.
Until next time...​

Last edited:
Well that is amazing. France moved to Mexico, the Hansa is out colonizing, the Papal States are in England, Ming has collapsed, and, best of all, your army is competent! You'll have to get the Imperialism or Revolutionary War causus bellis to go out conquering again :cool: .

Last edited:
Maybe Naples was afraid of you for some reason. :unsure:
Keep pluging away it's a long road. :p

Well that is amazing. France moved to Mexico, the Hansa is out colonizing, the Papal States are in England, Ming has collapsed, and, best of all, your army is competent! You'll have to get the Imperialism or Revolutionary War causus bellis to go out conquering again :cool: .
Yeah, pretty cool, eh? It'll be a little bit before I can use those casus bellis though.
This puts my Hungarian Nation to shame :( Nice job.
Heh, I pout myself to shame, so it's ok
Is forcing PU-s too advanced for a mediocre player like you? :p
I would, but all the naitons that I would want currently have heirs.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 18 (Again)

Howdy everyone. Really sorry about losing that last update's save, but when you're mediocre, what can you do?
Anyways, let's just start up again, shall we?

First, I take divine supremacy as my new national idea.
Now, I can start converting the massive swaths of India that I conquered.
FMwET.jpg

I then cancel my mission. My new one is to convert Travanacore. I thought this wasn't too bad bad, until I realized that they meant Travancore my Protestant vassal.
So, that's never getting done!
pTHUm.jpg

After that, I get a fairly mediocre king, with a rather decent heir, who's weakness is very apparent in her administrative abilities.
qwAbc.jpg

I formalize my weights and scales and such. I guess this means more good things for me!
bdUcW.jpg

Meanwhile, I cancel my mission again, and receive a new one to vassalize Tver.
This works in well with the fact that IO already have a core on their lands.
MBCJh.jpg

I then pass the school establishment act, for kicks and giggles. (Literally)
ASG6u.jpg

I then attack Tver and Lithuania in 2 separate reconquest wars, to take my cores, and to vassalize Tver.
X6Qn0.jpg

I manage to quickly assault one of Tver's provinces, allowing me to take my core and vassalize them.
XydjD.jpg

My new mission is to save Bryansk, which I will accomplish at some point.
Also note how much my war exhaustion went up :/
hWJNv.jpg

Then, after a relatively short war, I take my core off of Lithuania.

In doing this, I complete my mission. My new one is to convert Zheteru. Fun.
VInxd.jpg

Then, another move towards innovative for that tech gain.
As of right now, I'm actually doing pretty decent in tech, in my opinion.
70RW6.jpg

Then, I attack Wallachia. How dare they be independent while to only nation they border is me!
WFubX.jpg

They are vassalized after a very short war.
X3gXZ.jpg

After that, my king dies, and a queen rises to the throne.
Her heir is really excellent. Hope he makes it into kinghood!
MxvbU.jpg

I also manage to diplo-vassalize Smolensk, because they are completely surrounded by me.
yHyy0.jpg

In Asia, the very last horde province in the entire game defects to me.
yyBI8.jpg

During this time, I've been colonizing Siberia and the Pacific. Check out my gains.
juDzo.jpg

Until next time...​

Its doesn't sem as if anyone will be able to stop the Hungarian tide. Not unless people bad together.
Well, unless Bohemia or Milan tries to actually conquer me. Then I juuuuust might have some trouble.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 19

Hey again you guys. As a "redemption" of sorts for losing that save, I offer you another update!

First, I diplo-vassalize Cyprus. Man, these small nations just love me!
bsCBr.jpg

Then, I attack Tibet to grab a core off of their lands.
Their allies join as well, including Malacca and Manchu.
LpULe.jpg

Peace with Tibet: I take my core and the province of Delhi.

Then, peace with Malacca as I take one of their Indonesian provinces.
lBRNP.jpg

Finally, peace with Manchu, who I force to release the Oirat Horde, who promptly attacks me. That's the thanks I get...
9NG5o.jpg

Meanwhile, I diploannex Travanacore. India is almost all mine!
anuHo.jpg

After that, I attack Mutapa with a colonial conquest casus belli.
SB4hv.jpg

I then pass the Joint Stock Companies Act. This helps, I suppose. Or at least I think it does.
Also, Hungarian Oceania!
6uk7W.jpg

Mutapa is peaced out for the province they have bordering me.
xy8oq.jpg

The first Oirat province has defected into my realm. Also check out my Siberian gains!
vRn7C.jpg

I complete my mission, but my new one is to build a fine arts academy. Meh.
I also attack Denmark, in hopes of getting their Indian provinces.
dg8CI.jpg

I cancel my mission, and my new one is to vassalize Novgorod.
I then attack them in order to fulfill it.
6LpTd.jpg

Novgorod is made my vassal after a short war.
My new mission is to break a blockade.
zWQzz.jpg

I do indeed break the blockade, but now I have to convert Albania, my vassal... Great...
cwAU6.jpg

My mood is brightened when Denmark gives my both of their Indian provinces in the peace deal.
Auyhs.jpg

I manage to take another provinces off of the Oirat Horde.
Also, mind my colonial empire in the North.
97AlR.jpg

After that, I decide to attack Majapahit.
vNEV7.jpg

They are annexed after a VERY short war.
PRQIe.jpg

And now, a map of what my missionaries have done. Right now, I'm going around India's coast, before heading inwards.
mqPBt.jpg

Until next time...​

- And today we'll be learning about Mediocria.
- Why have we never heard of it, miss Sándorné?
- Because they were, uhh, Mediocre, Mátyás.

"They have done mostly small, everyday feats like wiping Islamic and hindu countries from earth, and converting most of them to catholicism. Nothing noteworthy indeed, but we are here to learn history in details, right?"

- And today we'll be learning about Mediocria.
- Why have we never heard of it, miss Sándorné?
- Because they were, uhh, Mediocre, Mátyás.

"They have done mostly small, everyday feats like wiping Islamic and hindu countries from earth, and converting most of them to catholicism. Nothing noteworthy indeed, but we are here to learn history in details, right?"
Haha. That seems about right!

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 20​

Hey there folks. Sorry about not posting an update in a while I've been busy (with play Team Fortress 2, but that's not important)
Hopefully, this blind waste of all matters relating to infamy and the mediocrity of the Hungarian Empire will not give you (permanent) brain damage.

But, let's start off with something that actually might not cause me many problems. I get a border with the Mongol Khanate, resulting a war with the horde.
GE95a.jpg

Then, my infantry becomes more modern, resulting in a new type called line infantry to be adapted. It's called line infantry because the soldiers walk in a giant line towards an enemy armed with bows and arrows.
At least, that's what the mediocre armies do.

I then receive another national idea, and take humanist tolerance, to lower my revolt risk and to raise my income.
xZSfN.jpg

After that, a move towards quality is made. Note that Spain is being occupied by Catalyuna, and is having nations revolt from it.
aVocB.jpg

I take a province off of the Oirats.
I also decide that it's time that I showed you guys that I've learned from my last Adventure in Mediocrity, and get full tariffs.
PcEi2.jpg

Then, it's time for a war with Tunisia.
tqUfG.jpg

They are annexed after a very short war.
nZ8TB.jpg

Then, if course, my heir dies.
On the bright side, I receive new Latin Hussars to improve my cavalry.

To put them to the test, I attack Tibet for a core I have in Katmandu.
ywtuq.jpg

I make peace with Tibet quickly, taking my core and a province to the North.
6OBEY.jpg

I take 2 more province off of the hordes, which takes out the Oirats.

But on a different note, guess who somehow formed in Southeast Asia?
7emtG.jpg

After that, I fabricate claims on poor old Spain, and declare war.
lcQfP.jpg

During the war, I take the national idea of Cabinet. Infamy reduction here I come!
iLlgb.jpg

Then, my king dies, and the new one has no heir, and is suspiciously mediocre.
QSzQb.jpg

I cancel my mission, and receive the usual slew of break blockade mission. After completing these, I am left to build up my army...

Yeah right.

After that, I abolish slavery, and commission the gold fleet.
Now, I don't have to use a master of mint to make a decent profit!
2LvY1.jpg

Then, it's off to war with Bengal, those scumbags.
Lo7Cc.jpg

I get to use blue coat infantry now. I hope that's good, but I here that the usual Blue menace has beet roflstomped over the past couple hundred years, so I'll have to be cautious(-ly mediocre)

I then take 2 province off of Bengal, and make them release Deva Bengal. If you think this is a bad infamy gain, well just wait for the next peace to hit you (repeatedly, with a sledgehammer)
xGlQx.jpg

Speaking of beatings with sledgehammers, here's the peace with Spain. 5 provinces for 20 infamy!
Fun fun fun!
2WvJa.jpg

Well, that's enough "fun" for now.
Let's just take a look at this map of the Far East instead.

Oh yeah, Siberia and Australia are all mine, as well as the majority of the Pacific islands.
aY2rs.jpg

Until next time...​

Just checked back here after doing a long and exhaustion update on my own AAR..., but you are doing really well here. You are like the Christian version of a mega-Caliphate (only there are other Catholics over in Europe...).