• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Meh, all Hungarian children are taught to attack everything in sight.

well at least I wasn't :p and to be a bit "etymologic" 'Hungary' comes from the Old Turk expression 'On Ogur' which means something like 'Ten (Tribes) of the Ogurs' so it does not have anything to do with the Huns. just as Hungarians. apart from horse archers of course and Attila being a very popular given name in Hungary.
;)

anyway who's the HRE?

That infamy of yours... I just wouldn't be able to stomach that :blush: . All those powerful Europeans though are very antagonistic, and you only have 42 years before you are suddenly condemmed from annexing heathen territory. Who else is there to attack?

I was referring to the fact.
that you were trying to be a warmonger.
A great warmonger would have active wars with 10+ countries at one time.
Keeping WE under 5. With new declarations to keep country count above 10.
For 5+ years. While dealing with all the problems that result.
Going from 120 prov to say 250+ prov.
O MEDIOCRE ONE
Ah, I see that you expect great things from me.Fool...
QK there... Feels kind of overshadowed by that mediocre Hungary.
Yep, I would conquer them, but I'm using my colonists in Africa right now. Also, their provinces suck anyways.
well at least I wasn't :p and to be a bit "etymologic" 'Hungary' comes from the Old Turk expression 'On Ogur' which means something like 'Ten (Tribes) of the Ogurs' so it does not have anything to do with the Huns. just as Hungarians. apart from horse archers of course and Attila being a very popular given name in Hungary.
;)

anyway who's the HRE?
Stop ruining my awesome puns! Anyways, I think either Bavaria or Milan is the HRE.
That infamy of yours... I just wouldn't be able to stomach that :blush: . All those powerful Europeans though are very antagonistic, and you only have 42 years before you are suddenly condemmed from annexing heathen territory. Who else is there to attack?
Well, let's just say that if this much infamy makes you "uncomfortable", IN would have given you a heart attack. Also, I'm trying to take out as many heathens as possible while there's still time.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 12​

Hi all. Sorry if this update is kind of bland. You'll see the cause of the lack of excitement in a little bit.

But, before we get to the boredom, let's start with me FINALLY getting an heir who is can modernize the military!
l0dZB.jpg

Of course, my stability isn't looking too hot right now, but he's 15 years, minimum, away from the throne, so hopefully that won't be a matter.
I decide to attack Persia. I don't really know why I did, so I told the Persians to deal with it.
m15Bm.jpg

Anyways, I felt so good after doing that, that I gave the government even more power. Of course, the people weren't very fond of that, for some reason.
bix6S.jpg

I annex Persia after a quick war.
eASPB.jpg

Unfortunately, after that I get another event that gives me a stability loss. I decide to vent my rage on Madurai.
fV7YL.jpg

Madurai was surprisingly understanding. So understanding, in fact, that they gave me 2 of their provinces, including a center of trade!

Oh yeah, I also have a 15 year regency council. Sound bland enough to you?
UjpGR.jpg

Fastforward 5 years, and I get an event giving me +1 stability. Yay.
znoqU.jpg

During this time, I get involved in a war with the Timurids, since they're a horde. I manage to take 3 of their provinces off of them.
f3ACE.jpg

And, I finally manage to regain all of m stability. I also decided to show you guys a religious map of my nation and Europe. Catholicism is doing fairly well. Too bad Bohemia is ruining everyone's fun.
fNOT6.jpg

Of course, the peasants hate me, so I lose 2 stability due to their resistance to westernization.
5tStP.jpg

And now, have some PIE!
We are mostly Catholic and cored. Also, we are mostly Hungarian, and large producers of grain and wool.
6wrXB.jpg

Meanwhile, we have the largest income in the world. Too bad I'm too mediocre to use it wisely.
uIZns.jpg

We also have the largest army. Unfortunately, Bohemia could probably beat us in a war, considering most of our troops are busy fighting rebels.
CCCaw.jpg

And finally, the navies. I have an OK navy, but it doesn't compare to any of the naval powers, since it's basically split in half between the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian Ocean. Also, it's mainly galleys and transports.
iEn8m.jpg

And that's where I'll leave you all off this time. Next time, things should get interesting once I get my king.
Until next time..​

I wouldn't ruin your puns if they were truly awesome ;)

also why didn't you accept the peasants' demand? the military modernization could wait for a few years... oh, forgive me, I almost forgot that you're mediocre.

last but not least I'm interested in a culture map too - have you managed to convert some province cultures already?

The peasant's demands are too bad, but that modifier would've only lasted until 1631 anyhow - and you still lack the centralization needed for military modernization.
At least the regency council means you get to burn infamy.

I wouldn't ruin your puns if they were truly awesome ;)

also why didn't you accept the peasants' demand? the military modernization could wait for a few years... oh, forgive me, I almost forgot that you're mediocre.

last but not least I'm interested in a culture map too - have you managed to convert some province cultures already?
Aw... That really hurts, man. Don't you think my puns are punny? Also, I didn't accept because I'm a total fool, and didn't realize how long it would last in comparison to the time when I can modernize my troops.
When will you head west?

A remake of Hungarian conquest of Vienna?
Wellll... Hopefully this update will sate you bloodlust!
The peasant's demands are too bad, but that modifier would've only lasted until 1631 anyhow - and you still lack the centralization needed for military modernization.
At least the regency council means you get to burn infamy.
Yeah, *facepalm*. The regency might have been just what I needed, considering that now I have an infamy level less than 20 I think.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind part 13​

Well hey there guys. This time, I'm gonna attack probably the most powerful nation in the entire game. (It's not myself, btw. I'm too mediocre to be powerful.)
But, you'll see who it is later.
For now, I'm just gonna get lucky and receive +1 stability from a random event. Awesome! Looks like me not accepting their demands isn't so bad after all.
cBnLH.jpg

In fact, soon after I reach 3 stability. During that same month, I also receive a new king! He's REALLY good. An 8, 8, 8, in fact. If only he was the one making this AAR. *sigh*...
a3nZE.jpg

First, I attack Albania to get my core in their lands. An odd first war, but I didn't want to forget about it.
EaERa.jpg

I finish the sieges and take my core. I also make Albania my vassal, just cause I have my whole "Balkan vassal" thing going on.
7ML8f.jpg

After that successful war, I attack Punjab to rack up some infamy.
PFEmU.jpg

Mission success. I gain 4 provinces.
6M8Vj.jpg

I attack the Mamluks in hopes of isolating them, considering that their only provinces besides Cairo are in Tripoli.
RL2HU.jpg

My plan succeeds, and the Mamluks are reduced to their capital after releasing Tripoli. I also get a new heir, who sucks.

Speaking of sucks, take a look at my new mission. Convert Bohemia? No thanks...
k5KQO.jpg

I then attack Rajputana. Not much else to say.
jJNqp.jpg

Anyways, I quickly annex them just for fun.
N3Nbn.jpg

Somehow, Gujarat is forced to release Rajputana as a new (relatively speaking) nation.
I attack, because that's how I roll.
kXKtY.jpg

I annex them within a short amount of time.
6YcOx.jpg

BUT NOW

The moment you've been waiting for has arrived.

I, in my immortal glory, (along with my powerful alliance of all my vassals, Lithuania, the Hansa, and Milan.) attack the heretical nation of Bohemia. Winning(kind of) ensues.
oCHNh.jpg

I vassalize their weak ally, Styria for 4 infamy. And, as you can see, the war is going very well.
Too bad I lost both a 28k and a 38k man army. The only army I have remaining on the front consists of 30,000 men. Good thing my allies are such winners.
6n1DZ.jpg

Then, the Mamluks decide to attack me for "teh lulz". I don't have a problem with this.
FgtWD.jpg

As I annex the Mamluks, connecting my African provinces to the rest by land completely, the war in Bohemia is going marvelously.
fGtyi.jpg

So good, in fact, that I manage to snag both of my cores off of Bohemia. I BEAT BOHEMIA IN A WAR. (Well, more like I lost lost, and my allies did all the hard work, but you get the point.)
RHny6.jpg

Well, I cancel my mission, and get a rather easy one in its stead. I complete it and a few others like it, before being stuck with a mission to diploannex the Knights. Yeah right.
I also lose (another) stability to a comet sighted event. Man I REALLY hate that event.
ASlLe.jpg

Anyways, now let's get down to decision making, shall we?
I have to choose a new idea. I'm thinking wither colonial ventures(I think that's what it is. The one with +1 colonists), or divine supremacy. Or maybe even patron of the arts. Oh the choices. Any ideas, everyone?
kxJh1.jpg

Also, have a map of the world, why don't ya.
wiman.png

That's all for now.
Until next time!​

QFTNW :p

Patron of the arts is fine too :3.

(or something that will help you with conquering faster)

Refer to post #72
Nice gains ;)
Sorry to react so hard last time.
You must have hit a nerve, I did not know was still active:mellow:

Last edited:
Awesome conquests! :)

QFTNW :p

Patron of the arts is fine too :3.

(or something that will help you with conquering faster)
Well, I think this idea will make conquests go much faster.
Refer to post #72
Nice gains ;)
Sorry to react so hard last time.
You must have hit a nerve, I did't know was still active:mellow:
Me gusta. it's Ok, I didn't even realize I did anything. I guess that's what happens when you spend too much time on the internet.
Awesome conquests! :)
Thanks! These next 2 updates will be to your liking!

Oh look, the British came to meet you in India and Swahili!

Too bad you couldn't demand more from Bohemia, like actually converting them. If only your army were more powerful :rolleyes: . Now let's see you annex more of India :) .

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 14​

Salutations, brethren. The holy war casus belli is about to become useless. Let's see how well I manage to put it to use before it leaves.
But, first I take the colonial ventures national idea. The hordes will fall under my heavy fist of mediocrity!
b8LJM.jpg

I also take a move towards centralized. Only one more after that, and I'll potentially be able to modernize my army!
uLSSY.jpg

My first target is Timurid vassal Khiva. Hopefully I can take them out of my way!
vN5cS.jpg

Fortunately, I can negotiate peace with them, so i annex them completely.
Tpm3O.jpg

Meanwhile in Africa, Swahili revolts from the Hansa, who calls me into their war. I become the leader, so I am able to annex Swahili for a total of 0 infamy!
p0YRc.jpg

In the Caucasus, I have completely occupied Qara Koyunlu and the Timurids. I also attack the Crimea.
eFgf9.jpg

However, I can't annex the Crimea, so I just force Sibir to end their vassalization instead.
I also get newer and better troops in all categories.
rRgNY.jpg

In India, I declare a holy war on Gujarat. Easy victories in my future, I presume.
Ab7U8.jpg

I take away 3 of their provinces, and force them to spit out Deccan as an independent country.
cLHhf.jpg

After that, I declare 4 separate holy wars at the same time. I attacked Bhonsle, Maharasthra, Bundelkand, and Gondwana.
1hlE8.jpg

I annex Bhonsle and Maharasthra rapidly. Unfortunately, Great Britain joined in one of the wars.
NANkz.jpg

Bundelkand is integrated soon afterwards, leaving me with just one of my original targets.
0HkFQ.jpg

Annex Gondwana, and then attack Bengal with a holy war.
2MJ7l.jpg

I take 4 of Bengal's provinces. I plan to come back later, though.
MTBqF.jpg

I cancel my mission, but my new one is to build up defenses. Something that will be finished in a year's time.
But that really bad news is that I lost a stability to a random event. *sigh*...
fq6cu.jpg

I get new infantry at some point. This'll make conquering the heathens that much easier.
cP8Qd.jpg

I attack Deccan, whom I actually helped become independent again. Looks like it won't last too long, though.
7jZaz.jpg

I annex Deccan, but Nepal attack me for no apparent reason. *facepalm*
R02di.jpg

I then attack Travanacore for their province bordering me.
6u55g.jpg

I take away Parlakimidi from them, and I also get a new mission to vassalize Crete. No problem for me!
3SKak.jpg

I would continue on from here, but I have reached the image limit. Expect more epic conquests soon!
Until next time!​