• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 8​

Hey again, you guys. Time for yet another update. This time, I'm actually gonna fight a European power ("Ooo... Ahhhh..."). But first, let'd start off a little slower.
I declare war on Astrakhan.
56bRO.jpg

Soon after, I take a province off of them, and get in a fight with Kazan, who is now reduced to one province.
pbY3w.jpg

I get tribute from Kazan, and I also declare war on Persia. This should be easily winnable.
CvifZ.jpg

My assumptions prove to be correct, after I take 4 province off them in the peace deal.
HOKWQ.jpg

Meanwhile, I take another move towards centralized. Soon, I will be able to westernize, and when I do... *maniacal laugh*... "Things" will happen.
gPaZu.jpg

I get into a fight with the Timurids, but I take a center of trade off of them, and force them to pay tribute.
aFDNu.jpg

After that, I take a gold province off of Qara Koyunlu, and force them to pay tribute as well.
eY37G.jpg

After that, I attack the Mamluks for seemingly no reason, considering I can't take any provinces connected to my land. Oh well!
eMVvn.jpg

However, I see something quite fishy once I sue for peace. I can give the Mamluks and their ally Zaporizhie Spain's provinces!
I know this is kinda gamey, but who cares?! I give them 2 of Spain's provinces for free.
eQX0A.jpg

After that herp derp, I think it's time to distract ourselves and take a look at Asia.
Things to note:
Khmer
Brunei
Tibet
Bihar/Madurai
Horde fracturing
Ghetto stomp on the Ming
lrUy7.jpg

And now, Europe. Not much has changed since the last checkup, so I won't highlight anything.
60PML.jpg

Meanwhile, I finish my old mission after fully funding my missionaries, and get a new one to be friends with Austria. Accomplishable.
BnJZA.jpg

I complete my mission, and get a new one to build my army. No thanks.
I also get an alliance with Sweden. Works for me!
ucOHz.jpg

Now that I have an ally in Sweden, I decide that I'm gonna attack Lithuania for my 3 cores. Let's hope this works...
PB8Ju.jpg

Meanwhile, remember how I forced France to release Aragon? Well now they're my vassal. Yay!
AqMj0.jpg

Meanwhile, the double thrust of me and Sweden proved disastrous for Lithuania, and I'm able to take my 3 cores. Nice expansion, eh?
cBWaV.jpg

Oh yeah, I also get better infantry. I chose offensive, because I'll be mostly attacking, since my troops are slow.
19iil.jpg

Of course, now that they aren't guaranteed by Spain, I can attack Zaporizhie freely.
l9rQB.jpg

The war is swiftly ended, and 3 provinces are taken. Their capital in Crimea is also isolated.
yJkts.jpg

And now, I present to you:
The Hungarian Empire! *Insert trumpets*
Anyways also take note of fractured France, who was dogpiled by Milan and Spain again.
caV1a.jpg

Anyways, until next time...​

That rapid shatter of France is... disturbing...

If you're not going to slow down like a sensible person, you might as well cut greater swaths of land like the mediocre psychopath you've become :p , all the way into Ming and Swahili... Hurry up! You've only a hundred years left!

Last edited:
Just try to be neighborly and take chunks out of everyone.:happy:

Do you plan on forming an Ottoman-like Empire? Or do you plan on just going with the flow?

That rapid shatter of France is... disturbing...

If you're not going to slow down like a sensible person, you might as well cut greater swaths of land like the mediocre psychopath you've become :p , all the way into Ming and Swahili... Hurry up! You've only a hundred years left!
Yes sir! As you'll see in this update, large swaths of infamy gain are becoming commonplace.
Just try to be neighborly and take chunks out of everyone.:happy:
Yep, that's the deal!
From a clean borders perspective, you really need to annex Serbia.
Yeah... but that costs stability. Maybe when I get a stab gain event.
Do you plan on forming an Ottoman-like Empire? Or do you plan on just going with the flow?
Plan? What does that even mean?

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 9​

Hey hey hey guys, how's it going? I'm taking finals this week, but I only had to take 1 today, so I decided to post an update! Let's begin.
First, I attack Yemen, seeing as they are currently involved in multiple wars.
WmjWu.jpg

After a bit, I make peace, and get 4 of their provinces, including one that I had a core on.
i1kZE.jpg

Meanwhile, I was called into a war with Kurland, and became war leader. After they were conquered, I decided to vassalize them, just for fun.
u0cW8.jpg

I take a province off of the horde Nogai, and attack Persia with a holy war. As of right now, I think I'm gonna concentrate on moving East, but also moving South and North slightly as well.
3FTV6.jpg

I annex Persia. Qara Koyunlu is currently split into 2 groups of really poor provinces, so they are not causing me any pain at all.
M9Plg.jpg

I cancel my current mission, and get another to marry Austria. I do this easily, before receiving another conversion mission. *sigh*...

Also during this time, I lose my alliance with Sweden, and get one with Bavaria instead.
ygzpV.jpg

Meanwhile, down South, I attack Naples for my core. As soon as I take this, I can actually try to attack the Mamluks.
Doewy.jpg

For some reason, even though I had -2 warscore, Naples accepts a ridiculous peace offer. Oh well, works for me, seeing as I get my core and they release Tripoli.
eE2Hg.jpg

Another move towards centralization. Too bad I need a better king to westernize. Too bad my heir isn't good enough, either... Oh well, I'll do it eventually.

*Also, can someone please explain to me how I can switch out of a monarchy? That would really help.*
fDnVO.jpg

I then decide to attack Haasa and Oman in 2 separate wars. During this time I get into a conflict with the Timurids too.
cukJW.jpg

Finally, after a grueling 4 years, I annex Haasa, take 6 provinces off Oman, and get a border province with India from the Timurids!
In my opinion, it was totally worth it!
PCAls.jpg

I noticed that Zaporizhie was having rebel problems, so I attacked them, lest the rebels defect to a Christian nation.
GO8gm.jpg

A short time later, I take 2 of their 4 provinces. Next war that I have with them, they are gonna be annexed, for sure.
I also take a province off of Kazan, just for kicks.
XQdEb.jpg

Soon after, I get a border friction event on Pskov. I don;t want to pass this opportunity up, so I decide to attack.
ZjokF.jpg

2 years later, I take both border provinces, and a bunch of cash.
It seems like noone outside of the HRE has the ability to defeat me in a war.
7CRUN.jpg

And now, a map of the entire empire, along with my trusty advisers. Note that my king is only bad at administration, but excellent at diplomacy and military. How mediocre can you be?!
DqR9f.jpg

Anyways, that's it for now, folks.
Until next time...​

Wouldn't switching out of a monarchy work like any other government type switch? Once you obtain a certain government tech level then the option to switch to a Mercantile Republic or whatever should appear.

Click where you've got "Feudal Monarchy"; you may not have enough government tech to switch, though.

Wouldn't switching out of a monarchy work like any other government type switch? Once you obtain a certain government tech level then the option to switch to a Mercantile Republic or whatever should appear.
No, as Chieron said, I need to switch my government once, before I can switch to the Noble Republic.
Click where you've got "Feudal Monarchy"; you may not have enough government tech to switch, though.
No, Chieron said the fix to the problem. Too bad it costs 4 stability...
Also, it is not possible to go from Feudal Monarchy to a republican government directly (need to go Despotic monarchy/ or Empire->Noble republic, or Administrative Monarchy->Admin. Republic)
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/eu3wiki_images/b/b3/GovernementsHTTT41b.png
Thanks a bunch! This really clears things up for me.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 10​

What's up, you guys? Finals are over, finally.(Haha. Finals? Finally. HAHAHA)
Ahem... Anyways, I will be having more updates than before, since i now an extremely large amount of free time. Let's begin this one now, shall we?

First, I switch my government after getting a stab gain event. That was lucky.
lsAZm.jpg

Next, I declare 4 holy wars at the same time, on Oman, Najd, the Mamluks, and Zaporizhie. Massive chaos and war exhaustion ensues.
ryeEa.jpg

I annex Oman and Najd, take a province off the Mamluks, and take Crimea off of Zaporizhie. Too bad it really raised p my infamy to do that. Oh well.
0Eji8.jpg

Next up, I attack Yemen. I figure that if I'm dogpiling infamy, I might as well finish off Arabia.
XpyzO.jpg

Unfortunately, Yemen has holding in Africa that are occupied by Ethiopia. I figure out a way to solve this problem quickly, by attacking them as well.
ZIbtw.jpg

I take another move towards innovative. After all, The only tech that I'm anywhere near Europe in is land.
ihaXL.jpg

Meanwhile, Yemen is annexed, and the Timurids are forced into losing a couple of their provinces. I now own all of the Arabian Peninsula.
lxNZ7.jpg

Soon after that, I annex Ethiopia. My infamy is at 30, and lowering by about 1 a year.
Zowxr.jpg

For some reason, Baluchistan attacks me. Oh well, more provinces for me!
u19ef.jpg

Soon after that, they are annexed. Just another province in the mighty Hungarian Empire.

Anyways, I saw that Madurai was getting pounded by the British, so I joined in to take one of their border provinces.
cU6Ze.jpg

I take it with almost no trouble at all.
nqf5a.jpg

And now, a diplomatic view of my empire.
Note how all my recent gains are North, South, and East.
Also note that I have cores in Bohemia, Poland, Armenia, Albania, and Sibir.
wdwMJ.jpg

And now what you've all been waiting for. An image of how bad I'm doing technologically.
Fortunately I'm only doing horrible in everything that isn't land tech, so in my opinion, I'm still near the top of the pack.
oHYEw.jpg

I'll leave you with this picture of my next mission. It seems like a war with Pskov is imminent.
IbH3S.jpg

Well, until next time everyone. Just remember, war exhaustion is no fun!​

Great

That is a good start to be a warmonger:excl:
Looks like you need some government tech.
Warmongers need Land, Gov. and Prod. tech.;)
Rep limit is a bummer takes alot of prepwork to be ready to go over it.:eek:hmy:
More troops to. Good luck.:cool:

That is a good start to be a warmonger:excl:
Looks like you need some government tech.
Warmongers need Land, Gov. and Prod. tech.;)
Rep limit is a bummer takes alot of prepwork to be ready to go over it.:eek:hmy:
More troops to. Good luck.:cool:
Bah. All you need to succeed is men and guns! Not fancy shmancy ideas and buildings. Also, Take note of the great wisdom of the comment title below yours. You have much to learn, young padawan.
That infamy and war exhaustion will be fun when you change government and westernize.
I thank you for your correction of the previous comment's title. Also, read this update and be amazed...
I will not give a title to my post but I will agree with some of the former mates: you should stop conquering everything in sight :D
Meh, all Hungarian children are taught to attack everything in sight. It goes against the very HUNgarian nature to have peace for too long.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 11​

Hey again everyone, are you ready for some more warmongering?!
Well I am, so let's get down to it, shall we?

I attack Pskov to fulfill my mission and get a core in Viatka.
Tgtom.jpg

I finish the war, and take Viatka off of Pskov. Then, I receive a new mission to vassalize the Knights. This'll have to wait though, since I was just attacked by Khorasan with the holy war casus belli. Free war declaration!
Thanks, Khorasan.
hKxmA.jpg

Anyways, while I'm busy beating up on Khorasan, I get a new, lousy administrator king. His heir is bad too. Guess westernization will have to wait for another while...
H9XX6.jpg

Anyways, I take a bunch of provinces off of Khorasan, but didn't take a screenshot of the peace deal. Hope this will work instead. Meanwhile, the Mamluks of all people declare a holy war against me. What is wrong with these nations?! It's like they are trying to be more mediocre than me!
XHtEn.jpg

Since the Mamluks are such fools, I take all of their provinces except Cairo and Tripoli.
50tq9.jpg

Up North, Zaporizhie attacks me. I was going to just get some money or something off of them, but I got a regency council, so I figured I would just go all out, considering I won't be able to attack anyone for 5 years anyways.
2En0B.jpg

And so, Zaporizhie is annexed.
RLIEl.jpg

Khorasan attacks again, for old times sakes. In reality this is the last time they will attack me, if I have anything to do about it!
5eoC8.jpg

So, I annex Khorasan. However, during this time, I learn something VERY, VERY interesting about my regency council.
ubYY3.jpg

And that interesting thing, is that my regency council has an administrative skill of 6! Just enough to westernize!!!!
YES
oTOAb.jpg

Of course, many more revolts than usual ensue. I get lucky once, and get an event giving me one stability from having a saint named.
But, the BIG, BIG money comes from this here event.
I gain 2 stability and lose 6 infamy! This event couldn't have come at a better time!(Well, not really, this would have been better if I was above the infamy limit, but you know what I mean.)
DyByy.jpg

After that rousing display of luck skill, I get government tech 11, and take Bill of Rights as my next national idea. I have rebellions pretty much in check, but this'll come in handy during wars.
uwN28.jpg

I decide that it's time to fulfill my mission, and attack the Knights. Thankfully, Castille doesn't join in.
lPbyo.jpg

I finish my mission, but soon receive a new one. I new must vassalize the Byzantines, who've appeared in Corfu. I'll do it later, since I currently have a truce with them.
lRXr6.jpg

And now, here's most of my empire(excepting Socotra, Mahe, and Mozabique). Not too shabby, I'd say. Note that I am currently colonizing East Africa, and a couple Indian Ocean islands.
LZtLo.jpg

Until next time, everyone.​

Last edited:
I was referring to the fact.
that you were trying to be a warmonger.
A great warmonger would have active wars with 10+ countries at one time.
Keeping WE under 5. With new declarations to keep country count above 10.
For 5+ years. While dealing with all the problems that result.
Going from 120 prov to say 250+ prov.
O MEDIOCRE ONE