• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 5​

Hello to you all again. I'm your hos-....

Wait a second... This isn't a game show!
Well now that that's cleared up, let's begin, shall we?

First things first, I take some clever advice (Yeah, I know? Taking advice? It still sounds silly!) and diploannex Byzantium. Bye bye Byzantines!
5Rv1r.jpg

I declare another holy war, this time to finish off Syria. I also declare a separate one on the Mamluks, because they're their ally.
15WwU.jpg

During this time, I annex Syria, and I also take another move towards innovative.
iBt6b.jpg

Of course, something like this just HAD to happen...
Austria attacks me, because they are scum. 'Nuff said.
7JoDA.jpg

I then get peace with the Mamluks. I now hold Jerusalem!
AS0cM.jpg

Meanwhile, I lose one of my armies to Austria, so I decide that I should make peace before things get too bad. I "release a nation from vassalization", but also give Austria the province that Styria is located in, so free warscore!
TWMCy.jpg

Meanwhile, Kouban defects to us. One more step closer to unifying Hungary by land!
fRVYU.jpg

My ally, Poland, then calls me into a war with the Jalayirids, so I attack them myself so I can get some land.
jfdQh.jpg

After that, I get a decent peace with them, and I also get a border with the Timurids. I quickly peace out, not wanting a war.
EgkQt.jpg

I then cancel my mission, and get another to be friends with Austria. I actually complete this, because being attacked by the White Blob is not fun.
After finishing that, my next mission is to maintain my shipping routes... Not gonna happen...
ccf7m.jpg

Next up, how about a map of my empire, with revolt risk included for no extra price! Also, an alliance with Bohemia!
Zx6xS.jpg

Next up, another move towards innovative. I'm getting there!
DJxBT.jpg

I cancel my previous mission and get a new one to build a fleet. Sounds good to me. So good, in fact, that I build a bunch of galleys and complete the mission.
My next one involves vassalizing, and Ragusa. Can you guess what it is?
YQo6L.jpg

Yemen attacked me, so I made them release Oman as an independent state.
But meanwhile, it's time to declare war on Ragusa, along with their ally Serbia.
uDnV2.jpg

Funny story... Castille was allied with Serbia, and they were called in... Fun, right? Anyways I finish my mission and get a new one to build up my army. Not gonna happen though. It's too expensive.

I also vassalize bothe Ragusa and Serbia. Just clarifying that. And yes, I did ally with them as well.
Vl2Lv.jpg

Of coures is all like "Hey let's attack the mediocre idiots to the South", and I'm now at war.
2l1XW.jpg

Luckily, they offer me a white peace really quickly, so I don't lose anything. Thank goodness!
Svryi.jpg

After a while of getting stomped by Castille, I am forced to end my vassalization of Brandenburg. I knew doing that would come in handy sometime!
tJRRh.jpg

And now, I get a 7, 7, 7 ruler. Really great, in my opinion. However, looking at the tech map, things aren't looking quite as hot as before...
CP7Ho.jpg

And, since diegoami asked so politely, have a world map.
0LgLh.png

Until next time...​

Well, your tech level isn't completely your fault. That stuck-up Lorraine is making everyone else look bad! (Still, keep an eye on that. I don't see you buying yourself peace deals like Spain anytime soon).

Other than that, what can I say? Giant Hungary rules! Giant Spain... *runs away*

Last edited:
Good AAr! following. I have played for so many years the EU1,EU2, EU3 games, but I have never played as Hungary. Also, good Shakespheare quote! and Hungary is indeed, less than mediocre now!

Looking good for Hungary so far.

But one of the reasons for your lack of tech is the conquering your doing, it raises the price pr tech :)

Well, your tech level isn't completely your fault. That stuck-up Lorraine is making everyone else look bad! (Still, keep an eye on that. I don't see you buying yourself peace deals like Spain anytime soon).

Other than that, what can I say? Giant Hungary rules! Giant Spain... *runs away*
Yeah, at least Spain's tech level is right around mine. I don't really have TOO much to worry about from them.
Wut? The AI formed Spain? o_O
Yep, crazy, eh?
Good AAr! following. I have played for so many years the EU1,EU2, EU3 games, but I have never played as Hungary. Also, good Shakespheare quote! and Hungary is indeed, less than mediocre now!
No, Hungary shall always be mediocre. It is the law.
Looking good for Hungary so far.

But one of the reasons for your lack of tech is the conquering your doing, it raises the price pr tech :)
Yeah, being a rampaging conqueror does have its drawbacks, but what can you do?
Wut? The AI formed Spain? o_O

It looks like an unification of Scandinavia and one in Malaya is a possibility too..
Yeah, though Scandinavia is locked in a stalemate, at least for now,.
Khmer and Brunei look so pretty...not sure what happened in India, though.
Well, let's just say it'll Bihar'd to conquer it!

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 6​

Here we are again, another (couple) day(s), another update. I won't waste any more time with an intro, let's begin!

(Well actually first just lemme say that I haven't updates in a little while due to the fact that my internet speed is currently the same as plugging everything into a potato, so yeah... Hopefully updates can come more often now, though.)

So, the very first thing I do this time is attack Zaporizhie with a Tribal Conquest casus belli.
7TXNI.jpg

After a very quick war, I annex them for 4 infamy.
BQcty.jpg

After that, I receive an excellent heir to my excellent king! Woo!
Vczxk.jpg

I also repay a loan that I acquired recently.
But, in even better news, Spain offers me an alliance, which I heartily accept!
lb3GC.jpg

I declare a holy war on the Mamluks, in the meanwhile. Ya' know, just to liven things up.
WONu2.jpg

O course what's a war without a slider move towards innovative, right?
cPQYT.jpg

Anyways, I finish the war, and take 3 provinces, including Mecca.
Unfortunately, I am also currently being attack by the Timurids.
31iGn.jpg

During this time, I attack Persia's vassal, Iraq. They are quickly annexed.
CYwC1.jpg

I get an improvement in my land technology, and I receive better cavalry.
Meanwhile, I take 1 provinces off of the Timurids.(Though I did have to take one of my own back.)
Ev5KP.jpg

I cancel my mission, and receive a new one to convert Bessarabia, which I was doing anyways.
I fabricate claims on Trebizond, and set myself up for an attack.
z66xS.jpg

Right after that, Yemen attacked me with a holy war. The fools!
I also get peace with Trebizond. They are now my vassal.
MfgT6.jpg

I am called into a war against Poland, by my ally Bohemia.
Yemen is peaced out for one of their provinces.
rDmTA.jpg

Bohemia forces Poland to release Ukraine, and I decide to embrace the Counter-Reformation.

I also get another land technology advance, resulting in the improvement of my infantry.

I get into another conflict with the Timurids, and finish my last mission. I get a new one to convert Denmark, but I cancel it.
My current mission now is remove Hedjaz from the map.
ttEGA.jpg

I decide to not waste any time, and I attack Hedjaz and their plethora of allies at once.
agDSe.jpg

Hedjaz is swiftly annexed, and I receive a new mission. This time to save a province from a siege.
8rVOi.jpg

I finish my mission, and get a new one to convert Wallachia.
I also make another move towards innovative.
eLL7q.jpg

During my war with the Timurids I've taken 3 more provinces. I decide to make peace for the time being.
7W26a.jpg

And now, the biggest question of them all. What idea should I take? I was thinking Bill of Rights, but now I'm not so sure. Any tips would (almost) be appreciated!
JB9fP.jpg

Thanks everyone.
Until next time...​

Patron of the Arts is always a good NI, as it helps keep Cultural Tradition up.

And to answer your question, you could stop conquering everything in sight :p

From what I can see, it looks like you're trying to convert several provinces at once... at 2% success rate. Take any NI that boosts this rate (forgot which one).

Also, it looks like Qara Koyunlu is not only alive, but expanding. Are you sure you had nothing to do with this ;) ?

Engineer Corps, Divine Supremacy,and or Patron of the Arts.
Take your pick:unsure:

Well, let's just say it'll Bihar'd to conquer it!

sweet mother of God...

for your question: Church Attendance Duty would be handy too - 'specially after westernizing(?) this relatively huge Hungary.

and why did you vassalized Trebizond instead of forcing a PU upon them?

Or release vassals...

YAY it's awesome to see my suggestion taken! Eventhough this is slightly less mediocre, it still mediocre at best.

Catching up. I'd pick Church Attendance day, damn westernization.

You really should invade Ukraine now , and your mission will complete as all your territories will stop being distant overseas! :D

Church attendance duty is nice , for westernization and you can get some iconography out of it , too! :D

But... Conquering is fun... *Insert puppy dog face, and whimpering*
From what I can see, it looks like you're trying to convert several provinces at once... at 2% success rate. Take any NI that boosts this rate (forgot which one).

Also, it looks like Qara Koyunlu is not only alive, but expanding. Are you sure you had nothing to do with this ;) ?
Nah, I'm just cheap, so I don't give priests any money. Also, Qara Koyunlu: East Coast or Bust!
Engineer Corps, Divine Supremacy,and or Patron of the Arts.
Take your pick:unsure:
Well, I hate to say this, but...
Nope
sweet mother of God...

for your question: Church Attendance Duty would be handy too - 'specially after westernizing(?) this relatively huge Hungary.

and why did you vassalized Trebizond instead of forcing a PU upon them?
Hahaha it was a good pun, right? Right?! Anyways, CAD it is, then!
Or release vassals...
Is that even legal?
YAY it's awesome to see my suggestion taken! Eventhough this is slightly less mediocre, it still mediocre at best.

Catching up. I'd pick Church Attendance day, damn westernization.
Yessir, Church Attendance Day (AKA: The Free Candy In Rusty Vans Program)
You really should invade Ukraine now , and your mission will complete as all your territories will stop being distant overseas! :D

Church attendance duty is nice , for westernization and you can get some iconography out of it , too! :D
Well, I would've invaded them, but Spain and Bohemia were their friends, so (This is a quote) I said "Nooo, No, Nooo No No No"

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 7​

Aloha everyone! Sorry about not posting this earlier, but my internet is having rocket surgery again, so it only works like 50% of the time!
Anyways, let's just start this update off with some stolen advice. I take Church Attendance Day as my 2nd National Idea.
Yyo1V.jpg

Meanwhile, I get new infantry, cavalry, and artillery! This is mostly because it's the only tech I'm investing in.
f3rd8.jpg

Well, I finish my mission, and get a new one to conquer Alania. Too bad I can't, considering it's owned by a horde that won't attack me, so... yeah.
zuYrQ.jpg

So, I cancel it and get another conversion mission. Also note the makeup up my armies. 4 cannons, 4 cavalry, and 8 infantry.
DLNdM.jpg

After this, I attack Ukraine, considering Bohemia is not guaranteeing them anymore, and hopefully Spain won't join in.
TP6B3.jpg

Luckily, Spain doesn't join in, so I lose them as an ally, but on the bright side, I annex Ukraine, and my lands are now connected by straight out land.
rbW33.jpg

I try to annex Bosnia and Serbia, but only Bosnia accepts. Oh well, good enough for now.
dDzBx.jpg

I then attack Astrakhan, who rebelled away from Kazan.
RKbTl.jpg

Meanwhile, I get a new alliance with Spain. Winning. (Duh) Also note the large Qara Koyunlu, who won a war versus the Timurids.
8IaXM.jpg

And then, I accidentally take a loan... I should really watch my finances more...
XGSIO.jpg

Anyways, I take 2 of Astrakhan's provinces in the peace deal, and now border Nogai, whom we are at war with.
xGBjK.jpg

Later on, I get a claims on our rivals event. Also, take a look at dat economy. Not too shabby, eh?
ZDxXn.jpg

My ruler dies, and the new one is excellent! Too bad is heir sucks, though.
hRI32.jpg

I repay my loan, and then proceed to seemingly commit suicide for my core in Istria.
YbYie.jpg

Hahaha. Unfortunately for France, I was allied with HRE Milan, and Spain, so the war only involved waiting for them to beat up on France enough to take my core. I did this a little while after the start of the conflict.
In the East, though, Qara Koyunlu has attacked me. Fortunately, my land tech is WAY higher than theirs, so this should actually be winnable.
W9bZ9.jpg

Very winnable, apparently, seeing as I took a center of trade, and then forced them to pay tribute.
lyHBU.jpg

And now, a map and a yearly profit of 103 ducats. Not too shabby, in my opinion!

Powerful nations: Great Britain, Spain, France, Milan, Bohemia, The Hansa, Sweden, Lithuania, and Hungary(AKA me). Yemen and Qara Koyunlu are also large-ish in the South, but have low tech. Same goes for Pskov and Sibir in the North.
LwmDn.jpg

Until next time...​

Really, really good.

You have done mighty well thus far, especially for only 1548!