+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Qara Koyunlu, just because it caused me so much grief as Khorasan.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    I'll say Hungary. But I'll watch your game whoever you choose.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Wow, that's a lot of replies! Voting will be closed tonight at 8:00 Eastern Time.

Thanks a bunch (of bananas) to everyone that's voted!
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Hmm you pretty much had so bad tech lag last game the ottomans would be a good choice now(Good luck with that admin skill btw, took me 200 years to westernize :P )

Well everyone, the votes have been tallied. Here are the results:

Qara Koyunlu: 4
    Holland: 4
    The Ottomans: 4
    and...

Hungary: 9!

And so, I will be playing as the nation of Hungary. I honestly thought Qara Koyunlu would win, so this does come as a slight surprise for me. I don't have any experience with Hungary, so this will be... interesting... to say the least. The first update will be up in an hour or two, or tomorrow, depending on how lazy I feel.

Thanks again to everyone that voted!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

You should start on Very Hard difficulty just for lulz...
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    He will probably say he is to mediocre for that? But it would be interesting.
    I AM A WARMONGER, I DO WC's 137+
    "Whenever you do anything, Act as if all the world were watching" (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by dragonizer View Post
    the problem with this game is that if you DON'T play on very hard, it becomes too easy after you reach a certain size (and thus power).

and I like banana

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Mmmm.....

Hungarian Bananas...

*drools*
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    Oh boy, I could barely succeed on normal with Aragon... Imagine the mediocrity!... *shivers*

Anyway, I'll be playing this AAR on all normal settings.
    You sir, are exactly correct. I think our definitions of "interesting" differ, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    the problem with this game is that if you DON'T play on very hard, it becomes too easy after you reach a certain size (and thus power).

and I like banana
    Well, look at how many times I lost to the 20 times less sized than me Bavaria in my other AAR, due to the tech lag. Also, bananas are the healthy fruit of greatness! (After grapes, of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    Mmmm.....

Hungarian Bananas...

*drools*
    *Stares of into space whilst in a dramatic pose* "Huh? .... So.... yellow... mmm...."

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 1

Boy oh boy, is it update time already? Sorry about not posting yesterday, soccer is fun, but it is time-consuming!
    Anyways, enough about me, let's begin this AAR!

So, I start the game on all normal settings, and I begin the early moves.
    I ally the Teutonic Order, Austria, and Bohemia. I also make a move to centralized.
    My mission, for now, is to get a royal marriage with Austria. This'll be completed soon enough, I just figured allying with Austria was worth a month or two of waiting.

After that, I get alliance offers from Bavaria and Milan. I also get an alliance with my vassal, Transylvania. The Teutonic Order also pulls me into a war, but who cares!

After completing my mission to marry Austria, I have to marry Poland, which I do quickly. After that, I get to vassalize Ragusa. Fun! *NOTE: Apparently Ragusa spell-checks into asparagus... LOL**

War is declared right after the mission is received. Aquilleia, Montenegro, and Wallachia also join. Fools!

A short war later, I vassalize Aquilleia, Montenegro and Ragusa. My next mission is to diploannex Transylvania, which will be done once 10 years have past by since the start of the game.

Unfortunately for me, the Golden Horde now borders me. They occupy a couple of provinces, and almost destroy my armies, before I decide to just off a tribute. Great.

I then am able to annex Transylvania. I don't lose any stability due to an event, and my next mission is to create a fleet. Luckily, I only have to build one ship.

The Golden Horde once again appears on my borders. During the war, I improve my army quality, but lose a stability, for some reason or another.

Soon after, my almost slightly higher quality troops start losing the fight, so I offer a tribute again.

I complete my mission by building a cog, so I receive a new one. This time, I must vassalize Serbia, who has broken away from Ottoman vassalship.

War is declared. Apparently the Ottomans don't suffer any hard feelings, because they are still allied with them.

Much later, Serbia is vassalized, and I now must protect against Poland. Unfortunately, I can't really so that right now, so it'll have to wait.

I peace out with the Ottomans later on for Bulgaria. My reason for taking it is so that I now can use the Holy War casus belli on them!

Then, I get my first national idea. Military drill seems like a good choice. More morale to fight the heathens!

I cancel my mission, and now I must vassalize Bosnia. Easy peasy!

War is swiftly declared. Albania joins in, as well.

I vassalize both Bosnia and Albania, and receive a new mission to marry Bohemia. I now have 6 vassals!

I immediately conclude that mission, but my newest one is not anything I feel very comfortable doing right now, so it will be cancelled soon. I don't want to attack Poland.

And this is where I leave you gentlefolk. Here, have European and diplomatic maps!
    Note the large hordes, and England.

And that's all for now everybody! Until next time...
    Last edited by homy_dog34; 25-05-2012 at 00:13.

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars

Thumbs up Maybe should be on at least hard?

An idea get some land tech.
    Beat on golden horde colonize and expand that way.
    To bulk up a little?
    Have fun
    I AM A WARMONGER, I DO WC's 137+
    "Whenever you do anything, Act as if all the world were watching" (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

Wow, you got a lot done! The Golden Horde does not look pretty though. I'd like to see how much land you can claim from them .

Other than that, care to finish off the Ottomans like last time ?
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Amazing progress! You've had some very generous missions.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Very good work so far! Maybe could be a bit more mediocre?
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

ah, delicious missions for you!

Military Drill is always good for Hungary with it's (relatively) small army - though you've already solved that problem by gathering tons of vassals

is Zsigmond (pardon, Sigismund...) still the King? IRL by this time he was elected as Emperor... just for future reference

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Hungary would be fun to see
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

"We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

Wow you have so good mission im suprised that you didnt get vasselize Austria just to top it off.

An idea get some land tech.
    Beat on golden horde colonize and expand that way.
    To bulk up a little?
    Have fun
    Yeah, maybe after a little while. However, they aren't attacking me for some reason. Oh well. And thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    Wow, you got a lot done! The Golden Horde does not look pretty though. I'd like to see how much land you can claim from them .

Other than that, care to finish off the Ottomans like last time ?
    Yeah, if only I could be at war with them! The Ottomans, will suffer, as you will see in this next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Amazing progress! You've had some very generous missions.
    Yep! Apparently being mediocre has benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    Very good work so far! Maybe could be a bit more mediocre?
    Oh but this IS mediocre. It just doesn't appear to be. In fact, all I've done is either quickly peace out of wars, or win very easy ones. Once mediocre, always mediocre!
    Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    ah, delicious missions for you!

Military Drill is always good for Hungary with it's (relatively) small army - though you've already solved that problem by gathering tons of vassals

is Zsigmond (pardon, Sigismund...) still the King? IRL by this time he was elected as Emperor... just for future reference
    Yep, he was still king at the beginning of this next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Hungary would be fun to see
    Well, I'm assuming you missed the above post. Anyways, Hungary is quite fun indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulern View Post
    Wow you have so good mission im suprised that you didnt get vasselize Austria just to top it off.
    Yeah, but then again I just would have cancelled it, so meh.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 2

Hello again, everyone. Let's go over what happened last time before I start going into this update, shall we?
    So basically, after a series of relatively lucky subjugation missions, and some wars with the Golden Horde, I have successfully expanded my power in my starting area. Now, what I have to do is expand outwards, but more specifically, South and East.

So, to help me out along the way, I make a slider move towards centralized to begin with.

Next, after waiting a year or two, I attack the ottomans with the holy war casus belli. Currently, they are both weak and distracted by their Eastern border, so attacking them should be relatively easy.

And, luckily for me, I was right. After occupying all of their provinces, I take 5 of them for myself.

Next, I cancel my mission to attack Poland. Now I must vassalize Achaea, who actually managed to gain a second province!

After a very quick war, I take on province, vassalize them, and receive my next mission, which is to win a naval race with Portugal. Yay...

Soon after, my first king dies, leaving my with his very good heir, who happens to have a good heir himself! Awesome!

Me and my big mouth... the King's heir dies in a hunting accident, leaving me with a slightly less awesome successor.

Meanwhile, I attack Venice to take a core a got by event in Athens.

Portugal loses all of their ships in a war at some point, so I complete my mission, and get a new one to be friends with the Byzantines.

Soon afterwards, Venice accepts a peace deal. Athens is mine.

Now that 5 years have past, I attack the ottomans again. Let's see if this war turns out as good as the last one.

It sure is looking good to me. So good, that I take a move towards centralized. Also note the Golden Horde rebels.

I finish the war, and take 5 more provinces from the Ottomans. My next mission is to vassalize Naxos, which I'll do soon enough.
    Right now, however, I need to worry about the Timurids. Luckily for me, though, they are in the middle of a huge rebellion crisis, so I'll be able to take a province before their armies come.

I manage to take one of their provinces, before getting peace. I don't feel like expanding into the hordes right now.

Next up, I attack Candar, whom I think will be an easy holy war target.
    Unfortunately, I fail to realize that they are the vassals of Qara Koyunlu, so I can't take any provinces. meh.

I end up just negotiating for their release from vassalship. Not much else that I can do. I also gain a core on the Ottomans.

Now, it's time to attack Naxos. Winning ensues.

Winning indeed, I vassalize them, and get a new mission to build a fleet. That's alright, I guess.

I'll finish up this update with this screenshot.

Thanks for reading this everyone, and until next time...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast