• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 25

Hey there everyone. Before I say anything, I would like to apologize for the long wait this time around.
Also, I am happy to say that I returned from my lengthy hiatus for this AAR.
However, I am unhappy to say that this is the last (Well, second last, after this is a game summary) update.
Now, don't fret, I'll have another AAR up soon.

Anyways, the main reason for me taking so long to finish this was the start of my soccer season, along with the school year.
This basically occupied all of my time during the week, and I just completely lost interest in this game around this time period as well.
However, I am now back in business again, and I hope you guys will be willing to forgive me for my absence.

That's enough boring text though, let's just get into this update right away.
The year is 1816, and I have just gotten an event that will give me cores on most of India.
With this in mind, I attack Bengal in early October.
xaIe8.jpg

By next February, I have annexed them.
Deva Bengal is next on the hit list.
viObC.jpg

I annex Deva Bengal exactly one month after i declared war.
Then, upon getting an event that gives me stability, I diploannex Serbia, one of my largest vassals.
LTfan.jpg

I also garner another national idea, which I use to take Revolution and Counter-Revolution. I get absolutely no use out of this idea, and I had no reason to pick it.
That's mediocre strategy right there.
8gGHy.jpg

I also decide that I should attack Lithuania, so that I could gain a whole bunch of provinces right before the game ends, so as to avoid the infamy limit penalty.
C1dQD.jpg

Of course, only fighting one undermanned and low-tech nation isn't enough. I attack Sweden too.
oFBG3.jpg

Finally, after many months of sieging and very brief, destructive battles, I take 18 provinces for 68 infamy.
This is likely the greatest moment in Hungarian history, and it is marked my many declarations of war and rebellions over the coming 30 days.
1AVSa.jpg

Now, this was the final action taken in-game, as I just let the clock run down after this.

Now looking back on this AAR, I ask myself something:
How could a mediocre person possibly create such a successful empire?

Or, at least I wonder at this until I realize that the nation is about to be torn apart by rebels and foreign nations.

Everything is right in the world. There is no cause for alarm. The mediocrity lives on.
Summary coming up tomorrow.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 26

Hello to all of you readers, it's time for the final update. First we will go through the Hungarian Empire, and then we'll take a look at the rest of the world.

First up, we have North and West Hungary. As you can see, I have expanded into Scandinavia in the North, as well as expanding east into Bohemia and Poland.
hLElm.jpg

Next, let's take a look at the religion map. As you can tell, I've converted many of the Western provinces, but Central Asia remains mostly Muslim.
hMmFd.jpg

Now, let's take a look at India and Africa. I've conquered all of East Africa, Arabia, and almost every Indian province.
hc7MU.jpg

As for religion, Africa and Arabia are mostly converted, while Northern India is still Hindu.
AOqZN.jpg

I've colonized all of Siberia, pretty cool eh? Anyways, since I colonized most of it except some Chinese provinces, all of Siberia is Catholic,
kuwoN.jpg

I have also taken many scattered provinces throughout Oceania, nearly all of which are Christian.
7iCR9.jpg

In North America, I have 2 sectors. One near Mexico, and one near Quebec. They are mostly catholic, since they are mostly colonies.
bd7Q5.jpg

In West Europe and West Africa, the main powers are Great Britain, Spain, the Hansa, and Milan.
8a9xX.jpg

In South America, Milan and the Hansa are large powers, but there are also several states that successfully rebelled to become independent.
SyIb3.jpg

Now it's time for some charts and graphs!
First off, it's income, where I lead by a significant amount.
gSUxv.jpg

Technologically, I am very advanced in land technology. But as for all the others, i am lagging behind in them by a large margin.
okedJ.jpg

I have the largest army, followed by Wu and Milan.
yWbXs.jpg

I also have the biggest navy, but it is spread between 3 or 4 fleets, and is not much use in a war against a major naval power.
4UUeV.jpg

The pie charts show a large amount of Catholics, Hungarians, core provinces, and grain and wool provinces.
Pl3AI.jpg

My income mostly comes from production, followed up by tolls, trade, and then taxes.
Efoep.jpg

The largest costs were for maintenance of the armed forces, followed by colonists and merchants.
YQLhC.jpg

I have 5 of the top 6 largest CoT's in the world, and own about 10 others.
7vWNi.jpg

Finally, here's some world maps.
1t48N.png

21TzK.png

And that rounds up this last update here.
It's been a good run, and I'd like to thank everyone for their feedback while I was making this.
This AAR is finally at an end, and I will be making a new one shortly.
I will also probably be making a video about this empire as well.

Good day to all of you, and until next time...

Last edited:
You finally finished the Hungarian Empire :) . Great work.

What's your idea for your next AAR? Will it be on vanilla or your states mod?

You finally finished the Hungarian Empire :) . Great work.

What's your idea for your next AAR? Will it be on vanilla or your states mod?
Thanks!

As for the next AAR, I think that a States mod game would be my first choice, but i haven't played my mod in a while, so I would have to see how I feel about it again.