• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

homy_dog34

Lt. General
38 Badges
Feb 19, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Diplomacy
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Age of Wonders
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind: An Introduction​

Why hello there, everyone, and welcome to my next AAR. After my "rousing success" in my previous one, the time has come to begin anew.
So, I will do the same thing that I did the last time (And every time I post an AAR, for that matter), and give y'all some choices for what nation I should play as.

1. Holland-A Dutch nation situated on the Atlantic Coast, they are also a part of the Holy Roman Empire. Always a nation built on trade, one of the only ways to do well is to gradually build yourself up though trade and colonization. Unfortunately, a powerful Burgundy tends to spell trouble for many Holland players. However, due to being surrounded by many equally "weak" nations, any casus bellis would be used carefully, and to the maximum effect. Eventually, forming the Netherlands could even be a possibility.

oeLls.jpg

2. Hungary-A Slavic nation located in Eastern Europe. Located right next to Austria and the Holy Roman Empire, they are limited in their expansion routes. Since West is mostly out of the question, they must go either North, East or South. To the North lies Poland and Lithuania, formidable opponents, and virtually unbeatable in the early game with Hungary. To the East is the Golden Horde, who is usually consumed with war at the start of the game. To get to them, Moldavia must be pushed aside, though. And finally, to the South lies many minor nations, and Italian "colonies". Once past this, there lies the Ottomans, the most powerful of non-horde Muslims anywhere near Europe. Careful, and cautious expansion is advised. They are not known for having a strong economy, so you need to be watchful with money management.

sH3gt.jpg

3. The Ottomans-One of the most powerful non-Christian nations in the entire world. In fact, they are probably the most powerful, excluding the hordes. They are located in Asia Minor, as well as in the Balkans, along with their vassals in Serbia and Bosnia. They receive a great slew of helpful mission, including the conquest of most of the rest of the Balkans, Asia Minor, and Thrace. Starting the game at war with the Timurids could cause you some problems, but a quick peace usually fixes that. Fielding a large military, and a decent economy, they are a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, many Crusades are called against them, which can be lethal once their tech levels start to fall behind. Westernization is a must!

yRrCt.jpg

4. Qara Koyunlu- Finally, Qara Koyunlu, one of the many horde nations, they are situated right in between the Tiimurids and the Golden Horde. Starting the game at war with Georgia, their only expansion route after that is the disintegration of one of their larger neighbors. A rather large military for a nation their size, and a rather poor economy, they can be a challenge for anyone who attempts to play as them.

mYvui.jpg

And so, I leave all of you now so you can vote for the country that you wish to see.
I'll count up the votes within a couple days, so don't hesitate.
See y'all soon, and until next time...​

I haven't seen that many Hungary AARs

But then, I haven't seen that many Persia AARs either...

I vote Hungary

I vote for the Ottomans. Be interesting to see how mediocre you can make one of the top non-christian nations.

OTTOMANS!!!!:laugh:

I'll be the first to vote for Holland. Really, they're all good choices and I'll sub no matter what.

Well, I did say Ottomans, but it's just too easy. They're surrounded by weak nations, and the only challenge would be dealing with the European powers, who have to come by ship.

So I vote Holland. Truly someone as slighly less mediocre as yourself can handle it :) .

while Qara Koyunlu is a tempting one I cannot vote for any other than my home country: HUNGARY! (which is actually not Slavic but Finno-Ugric - it's only Slavic for game balance issues)

Qara Qoyunlu of course ! You should control Tabruz by 1406 and Badgad in 1410 then Basra in 1450 to match the reality... and then not disappear!
Although I would love to see an Aq Qoyunlu AAR. I find that their rapid ascent (and as fast disappearing) is even more impressive.

Qara Qoyunlu of course ! You should control Tabruz by 1406 and Badgad in 1410 then Basra in 1450 to match the reality... and then not disappear!
Although I would love to see an Aq Qoyunlu AAR. I find that their rapid ascent (and as fast disappearing) is even more impressive.

Well my mistake. You control Tabriz from the start. Still my vote for Kara Koyunlu.