• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vicky2\localisation\newtext.csv, line 98:
Code:
RUS_proletarian_dictatorship	Soviet Union	Union Soviétique	Sowjetunion		Unión Soviética									x

The names change with the form of government. That's also the reason why each country has multiple flags.
A communist GB for example is called "The Workers Commonwealth". No events or modifiers are involved to make a communist uprising in russia more likely.

Did you look at any of the localisations? All of the TAG localisations are in the form of TAG_government. The name that will appear for a country comes from that. So RUS_proletarian_dictatorship is Soviet Union. Nothing else changes, it's literally just the name of a communist Russia. No tag changes, no decisions, nothing. Just a name change.

Ah yes, found it now. Thank you, this is useful to know.

Part of the issue here is that even the AI is better at playing Vic2 than the historical leadership of Russia. It is rare in AHD that Russia's government will ever even come close to falling. That might have something to do with their decent economy and 500+ brigades at decent tech levels. :)

Part of the issue here is that even the AI is better at playing Vic2 than the historical leadership of Russia. It is rare in AHD that Russia's government will ever even come close to falling. That might have something to do with their decent economy and 500+ brigades at decent tech levels. :)

I wouldnt say that is the case with Russia, as historically the communist didnt take over until Russia fell apart during the First World War. In game, if Russia gets large war exhaustion, and their army gets chewed up during the war, Ive seen the communist take over alot of time. If in your game Russia doesnt suffer a tramatic defeat like it did historically, I wouldnt expect the communist to be able to take over the country.

Well, if you strip any country of their army a revolution has the chance of succeeding. But even after the last time I beat them in a Great War and forced them to disarm, the communists couldn't win. They just didn't have enough support from the people because the economy was doing so well for years on end.

Another problem is the fact that revolts can be "dissolved" by passing a reform.
I had a situation where half of my country was occupied by reactionaries and the army couldn't cope with the situation anymore. But once I passed trinket healthcare, the rebels went home and the rebellion size was reduced from 300.000 to 25.000 men.
>_>

Another problem is the fact that revolts can be "dissolved" by passing a reform.
I had a situation where half of my country was occupied by reactionaries and the army couldn't cope with the situation anymore. But once I passed trinket healthcare, the rebels went home and the rebellion size was reduced from 300.000 to 25.000 men.
>_>

Reactionaries, huh? Imagine how that conversation played out.

"We want the repeal of welfare! No more pensions! Remove universal male suffrage! We want reforms revoked and we want them revoked now!"

"Mr. McRebel, the government just announced the creation of national healthcare. What should we do now?"

"Comprehensive healthcare? Sounds jolly good! Go home everyone, we got what we wanted! Victory for the people!"

The great flaw in the universal con/mil decrease after passing reforms...

It gets pretty ridiculous since anytime a movement gets large enough you can pass another reform which kills it dead... along with any other things you were aiming for.
Trying to get CON above 7 so the brits emigrate to the colonies (since the factor is too low otherwise). Pass suffrage automatically when it pops up, con is down to 3.

Anyway, you can have a lot of fun by wiping out countries armies and maxing their war exhaustion and seeing what names pop up. UK > GB is a nice name change altho GB just refers to the island with England/Scotland/Wales on it.