• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

T.j. Arnold

Ex-Patriot
118 Badges
Nov 11, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • East India Company Collection
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • Iron Cross
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Semper Fi
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • War of the Roses
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Diplomacy
How does Vicky deal with the rising of the Soviet Union? Meaning, does anything happen to Russia to make it Communist?

I've honestly never played a game past 1917, so I really can't give much input.

The Soviet Union doesn't exist in vanilla V2, but in AHD it does appear if a communist rebellion triumphs in Russia I believe.

It definitely exists in Vanilla:
542920_274899262584387_100001929470612_599943_1520213127_n.jpg

Haha. Not sure how your computer can continue playing without freezing, playing as such a huge nation XD

But in all seriousness, it doesn't - I checked it out, and no country file exists for the Soviets.

Haha. Not sure how your computer can continue playing without freezing, playing as such a huge nation XD

But in all seriousness, it doesn't - I checked it out, and no country file exists for the Soviets.

It is Russia with a communist government. So it does exist, it just isnt its own unique nation.

By that time, each day took 10 seconds...it was almost unbearable, and the game even crashed RIGHT before I annexed Germany.

It does exist - it just has a different name. Same as Germany/German Empire, United Kingdom/British Empire, Ottoman Empire/Turkey etc.

yes you are correct if communist rebel take over you change to proletarian dictaorship with a communist party, then your tag change to Soviet union

yes you are correct if communist rebel take over you change to proletarian dictaorship with a communist party, then your tag change to Soviet union

No, your tag doesnt change, just your name.

I thought it was impossible for a nation to change names without changing tags? =/

No they almost all do that when government changes, like Republic of Britannia, Germany vs German Empire, Ottoman Empire to Turkey.

Is that only in AHD? Because I've never seen that take place in my games, no matter what governments they end up with.

Its in vanilla, happens quite a lot.

hmmm, okay. Just never seen it.

I'm also unable to find any localisation or event files that make this happen. But I'll take your word on it.

Last edited:
Did you look at any of the localisations? All of the TAG localisations are in the form of TAG_government. The name that will appear for a country comes from that. So RUS_proletarian_dictatorship is Soviet Union. Nothing else changes, it's literally just the name of a communist Russia. No tag changes, no decisions, nothing. Just a name change.