+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Soviet Union

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries

The Soviet Union

How does Vicky deal with the rising of the Soviet Union? Meaning, does anything happen to Russia to make it Communist?

I've honestly never played a game past 1917, so I really can't give much input.

I don't play Russia a lot, but it appears to be just random events and the way Russia is played.

There isn't an event chain as far as I know.

The Soviet Union doesn't exist in vanilla V2, but in AHD it does appear if a communist rebellion triumphs in Russia I believe.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    The Soviet Union doesn't exist in vanilla V2, but in AHD it does appear if a communist rebellion triumphs in Russia I believe.
    It definitely exists in Vanilla:

Haha. Not sure how your computer can continue playing without freezing, playing as such a huge nation XD

But in all seriousness, it doesn't - I checked it out, and no country file exists for the Soviets.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Haha. Not sure how your computer can continue playing without freezing, playing as such a huge nation XD

But in all seriousness, it doesn't - I checked it out, and no country file exists for the Soviets.
    It is Russia with a communist government. So it does exist, it just isnt its own unique nation.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    It is Russia with a communist government. So it does exist, it just isnt its own unique nation.
    Yeah.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EUIV: Res Publica

By that time, each day took 10 seconds...it was almost unbearable, and the game even crashed RIGHT before I annexed Germany.

It does exist - it just has a different name. Same as Germany/German Empire, United Kingdom/British Empire, Ottoman Empire/Turkey etc.

I'm fairly sure just being Communist is not enough, like there has to be a certain CON or MIL, and a decision to be enacted

Quote Originally Posted by AdeptusM View Post
    I'm fairly sure just being Communist is not enough, like there has to be a certain CON or MIL, and a decision to be enacted
    If Russia is a proletarian dictatorship, it gets called the Soviet Union, as far as I'm aware.

yes you are correct if communist rebel take over you change to proletarian dictaorship with a communist party, then your tag change to Soviet union

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post
    yes you are correct if communist rebel take over you change to proletarian dictaorship with a communist party, then your tag change to Soviet union
    No, your tag doesnt change, just your name.
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon

That the tag doesn't change means the colour remains an Imperial Green.

I thought it was impossible for a nation to change names without changing tags? =/

500k club

I thought it was impossible for a nation to change names without changing tags? =/
    No they almost all do that when government changes, like Republic of Britannia, Germany vs German Empire, Ottoman Empire to Turkey.

Is that only in AHD? Because I've never seen that take place in my games, no matter what governments they end up with.

500k club

Is that only in AHD? Because I've never seen that take place in my games, no matter what governments they end up with.
    Its in vanilla, happens quite a lot.

hmmm, okay. Just never seen it.

I'm also unable to find any localisation or event files that make this happen. But I'll take your word on it.
    Last edited by Anjwalker; 23-05-2012 at 08:04.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Did you look at any of the localisations? All of the TAG localisations are in the form of TAG_government. The name that will appear for a country comes from that. So RUS_proletarian_dictatorship is Soviet Union. Nothing else changes, it's literally just the name of a communist Russia. No tag changes, no decisions, nothing. Just a name change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast