+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buying provinces

Buying provinces

I always wondered why is it that the sell province diplomacy option is available when the interest and need of buying them is far more common for the human player, especially when dealing with the AI while playing multiplayer.

Is there a possibility of adding this option or does it require to much work to be worth the trouble?

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    The diplomatic choice "Sell province" is a hardcoded feature that works one way so that the player cannot abuse the AI, which is not always that good at making good decisions. Victoria I had the ability to buy provinces, but Vicky II lost it. Same reason.

The assumption for multiplayer is that you can chat. So one player can just ask to buy the province and the other would actually start the in-game diplomatic action by selling the province to them.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I often use the Sell province dip option to help the AI form nations... Mostly to challange myself actually
    MEIOU cookie • From Gigau.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Closest thing I could think of is an event. If you own a province that is not your culture group or core but is the core and exact culture of a bordering nation, you get the option to offer selling it. If you choose yes, they then get the pop up saying they can buy it. If they agree, the province cedes to them automatically.

It would be tricky to code and probably not worth the effort unless you want to make it yourself.

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Terra Nova has a buy province spy mission that pops up an event.You should take look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    The diplomatic choice "Sell province" is a hardcoded feature that works one way so that the player cannot abuse the AI, which is not always that good at making good decisions. Victoria I had the ability to buy provinces, but Vicky II lost it. Same reason.

The assumption for multiplayer is that you can chat. So one player can just ask to buy the province and the other would actually start the in-game diplomatic action by selling the province to them.
    I wasn't talking about other players but the AI. I clearly stated, and meant that it would make certain AI problems with the potential of ruining the game easily manageable.

Well, apart from being convenient in MP, I guess it really doesn't matter that much.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Terra Nova has a buy province spy mission that pops up an event.You should take look at it
    Might be worth taking a look at it... but as mentionned, it would have to be checked that the AI uses it properly.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

+ Reply to Thread