• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
that uncontrollable income drop has probably more to do with market demand and price of your major goods than anything you did yourself. Or maybe you got sphered.... If you get sphered you could see your tariff income decrease by thousands of percentiles or more depending on your size and your sphere master's size. Like literally from 25-30 income/day to like .08

that uncontrollable income drop has probably more to do with market demand and price of your major goods than anything you did yourself. Or maybe you got sphered.... If you get sphered you could see your tariff income decrease by thousands of percentiles or more depending on your size and your sphere master's size. Like literally from 25-30 income/day to like .08

That did happen. I got sphered. But I could make money without raising tariffs over 10% in the first place; maybe france is buying my stuff for less than other people did when I wasn't sphered? Could this be because I raised health care 2-3 levels to increase my pop? Oh and... what the hell do I do?

its hard to say for sure. I haven't played Sardinia-Piedmont much, and not since I got ahd. I highly doubt its from the health care reforms. All that effectively does is raise your population growth which is good.

Have you checked the prices of the goods you mainly produce? Are your factories struggling? Are you subsidizing the factories?

Also what is your administration efficiency like? First step for most countries is NFing bureaucrats in the most populated states and then moving on down the list until your admin efficiency is 100%. It makes tariffs more efficient, it makes all your government cost cheaper, and it also makes NFing more efficient, so when you try to NF other Pops in the future everything happens faster.

If you are really struggling to make a profit, research technologies that boost your farm and mine production, or increase tax efficiency. When you have enough colonies or prestige to get the goods it requires to run a successful industry, then start focusing on capitalist, clerks, craftsmen, and commerce techs, specifically the ones that increase input or output efficiency. Having a high level of railroads and good natural pop growth is important as well, so don't skimp on those technologies.

Even being sphered, you should be able to stay afloat if you lower your national stockpile spending, and education spending. See what is costing you so much, and/or where all your income disappeared from and try and remedy it. ;)

Last edited:
Check on the profitability of your factories. When you're sphered, the sphere master gets first crack at your raw materials. So France may be buying the raw materials, leaving your factories unable to produce. Also trade within sphere is considered your home market, so tariffs aren't considered.