• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(350319)

Corporal
5 Badges
Jul 20, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Im playing as the USA and so far everything has been going well, but in the past 5 years or so my rate of building of factories has slowed significantly and my amount of capitalists has started to decrease. Unemployment is low and Ive had the education slider on max the whole time so idk what the problem is.

In population screen upon clicking on an individual POP you can see who are they demoting to (and why).
It may be obvious but I learnt it only after my first full game was completed :)

My problem with capitalists was that they built all factories they could, that meant 8/8 in biggest states, before late game techs activated automobiles, planes, barrels, radios etc.

Capitalists are small POPs, so they live by their own rules and can sometimes vanish. You can fix it with a quick NF.

My problem with capitalists was that they built all factories they could, that meant 8/8 in biggest states, before late game techs activated automobiles, planes, barrels, radios etc.

I've seen capitalist destroy a profitable level 10 glass factory to build a new airplane factory. If your capitalist pops are rich enough its not a problem.