+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquering Venezia and then ....

Conquering Venezia and then ....

I'm the King of Croatia, and I've just conquered the Grand City of Venezia. The only problem is that now I'm getting a 'wrong holding type' message, despite the fact that I only hold the County of Venezia, and not the City, the Barony or the Bishopric (who remain in the hands of the Serene Doge's old vassals).

What can I do, besides giving away my prize, to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Revoke the baron's castle.

Venice is a county whose county seat is a city. If you own both the city of Venice and the barony, the county seat will change to the barony, and you can give the city away.

March of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Or give the head holding(venize) to the baron(noble), so he becomes your direct vassal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cojack View Post
    Or give the head holding(venize) to the baron(noble), so he becomes your direct vassal.
    You're better off owning the county directly and milking the cities for tax, or making it a county-level republic, again so you can milk it for gold.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

Thanks, I'll do that - I do currently rule have a different Republic as a vassal, and it is endlessly rebelling though.

Keep Venezia, it's the best darn county in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisner View Post
    Keep Venezia, it's the best darn county in the game.
    Equal with Brugge really, which basically just adds up to 'you want you troops closer to Italy and Asia or Britain and the Baltic'.

The island thing helps a little but since you can't blockade it feels rubbish compared to EUIII.

+ Reply to Thread