+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do AI pick national ideas?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

How do AI pick national ideas?

So yeah....
    I wanted make country who start colonizes south-America same times as Portugal and Castile. I searched why Portugal and Castile always colonize south-America before others. I was sure there was events, but I found that only reason they do it is because on common country files both have "quest_for_the_new_world" idea on 2nt "historical_ideas" place. So I tested and it seemed that they really choose their ideas about impact of "historical_ideas". So I created new custom country and give it "quest_for_the_new_world" idea on 2nt place of "historical_ideas" on their common country file and... So yeah they pick their owns instead of using "historical_ideas" like Castile and Portugal do. What is meaning of this?

I was just going to make a topic on asking about this! Does anyone know? Is it "hardcoded"?

Scripter Paradox Dev Team Trin Tragula's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

+ Reply to Thread