• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nova,

I an just curious and I know that you are very busy. However what plans do you have for the new year apropos Homeland.

Well I have 60 extra units, so no need to expand on that.
I current drive is to get over the port to DH1.03 problems and ensure everything still works, including the AI as it was originally designed to.

After that more forks in the road and just making it better.

Why?

I like to contribute this, War Plan RED event picture to the mod.
ufqd.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Where can I download this?

Where can I download this?

Unfortunately it is only available for Darkest Hour 1.02 RC1, and since the current version of DH is 1.03, RC3, the mod was withdrawn.

I did try to port it to the latest DH version, but the armies just didn't behave in the same way as before, so it wasn't a success.

I am working on a new Homeland version, but I don't have the time now that I used to have, so things are slow and steady.

I'm redoing the unit parameters as dh1.03 ruined these for the mod.
I'm going to take the mod back to possibly 1934? so the player has more time to get ready for the coming war, instead of just being dropped right into it.
I'm going to drop all the DH events and do my own.
I'm intending to expand USSR and GER and make them much better. Since I was intending to do a USSR mod a while back, I read lots of stuff on Stalin, his cronies and the USSR experience of WW2, but then in RL Russia invaded the Crimea and that kinda killed off that mod idea....

I'm going to improve the AI, although I have already done lots of work on the AI for this mod already.

If I can hook up with a GER mod it would be good.

EDIT:
I also did lots of work on a Pacific War battlescenario but had problems with the E3 map,so that kinda got put back on the shelf until I get more time to fix it.

So how is life?
Life is good. I'm working for a change and have money in my pocket.
I'm just back from "Manchucko" in China, but I'm going to Osaka and Kobe in Japan in the next 2 weeks, and then Algeria after that!

... Algeria should be interesting since I was in the Foreign Legion for a day... well I never really joined it, didn't sign the papers, food was shit, but I'm looking forward to seeing Oran and see what I can find there. Of course I was a british paratrooper before that, so I kinda did it all and it wasn't going to be the same ever again after that. That is my excuse!

Last edited:
Awesome, and it's good to hear you're in better condition now. I remember two years ago when I first got into Darkest Hour I had a hard time figuring out the game, then playing your mod Homeland helped get me hooked on the game, as well as helping me learn how to play. Also inspiring me to check out other PI titles. In short, thanks for modding.

UPDATE:

x8IgPa9.jpg

I came across this image earlier this week. It captures the original Homeland scenario fairly well I think. Of course back then I was only a baby-dh-modder and I'm much more experienced now. Of course I cannot call this mod Homeland anymore since there was a tv series of the same name and I had difficulties a couple of years back with guys in california wanting money to unlock my uploaded files ... long story.

Because I was helping out with various mods, it got me back into the mood of modding again. I've now returned to Homeland to make it better and much more interesting to play.

What is going to be new in the new version?
I'm starting in 1932, when FDR finds it very difficult to get the Democratic nomination for the Presidency. Historically he had major problems as I believe agents backed by the British Empire conspired with the far-right in America to try to stop him. At that time there may have been a coup in the USA as well. Conspiracy theories abound for this era anyway. I've actually bought a book with will give me much more indepth detail about the 1930s for all the major powers.

So basically the mod will be based around an ahistorical scenario where the USA sides with FDR or not and the consequences of that single turn of events.

FDR was an American Liberal just like Lincoln was, and he believed in the same things that Lincoln did. But the various shades of Republicans in the USA wanted a totally different USA than FDR did. Something like what we have today, where the military industrial complex rules the government and not what FDR would have wanted, the other way around...

The other main theme in the mod will be a USA vs British Empire scenario. Again FDR believed the government being involved in supporting people to help them build up themselves and in that way the country overall. The British Empire was founded on a totally different premise, to exploit the people to enrich the few. So under FDR, the USA will be opposed to the British Empire.

Anyway, expect the same units, that is the dh units plus 62 more. I've ideas for some more units, along the lines of the GOLD unit I had before.

I have a plan to have a huge naval battle in the middle of the Atlantic between the USA and British navies, to try to settle the question early and not have them slog it out in the american homeland territories. The British will probably renew the naval treaty with the Japanese and not let it slip as they did historically.

Of course the USA is a huge powerful country. But this is before all of that. It happens while america is sleeping, thinking it is safe and its friends are real friends. But for the British Empire it is a life and death struggle. It is a fight to the ultimate death .. of america, or the British Empire...

Wow, you make it seem like it's the final battle of Armageddon!
Sounds epic!

The Stars and Stripes vs. The Red Empire!

Can't wait!:)

Actually nevermind, not the way to approach this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.