• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of times when I was playtesting, the USA annexed Canada. What really defeats the USA is the rise in dissent and the long build times for creating new units. If Canada gets annexed, it delays the inevitable, as only on very few occasions did the USA come close to winning.

But I'm sure a good player might win?

Maybe, but the U.S. still needs a buff IMO. A player shouldn't be the only thing capable of winning as the U.S.

Maybe, but the U.S. still needs a buff IMO. A player shouldn't be the only thing capable of winning as the U.S.

Yeah it definitely needs more work, but the whole point of the mod is to have a mod without the USA just steam-rolling the world because it is the richest and most powerful country on the planet.

But that will still allow me to set up a scenario where the player CAN bring the USA back and steamroll the world, because I know guys like to play as both GER or the USA because of exactly that reason.

Grats on the mod novapaddy. One complaint though: your GERHomeland36.inc file had '?' instead of characters with umlauts (eg: Bl?cher instead of Blücher). I have fixed this up for you; please find it attached....

View attachment 61188

@Amartus: Thanks for that. I checked it out and you were correct. Strange, as that file is taken directly from DH, but DH is the same as yours. Strange one?

The only thing I can think of to cause that would be: I used Bizon's mmc program to port MDS2 while I was also working on Homeland, and his software does put a ? if it cannot find a match. So maybe I got my MDS2 inc file mixed up with my Homeland inc file?

EDIT...................................................

101 guys have downloaded this mod on the first day.
But no-one has commented on one of the major features of the mod, that you cannot put troops in Rhineland or Prussia, or the fact that SOV are supposed to be allied with the BEEF states, and fight with them AND FRA, against GER, OR the fact that ENG later joins with GER ... ??

So, I can only presume that this isn't working properly.
I can also see that when HUN gets annexed, there should be a delay of about a month before the war starts, but the BEEF states are tardy in attacking HUN, causing the date to slip, and then all these events just pile up and occur very quickly, so.. not working properly either.

Has anyone had ENG side with GER and fight SOV, BEEF and FRA?

Last edited:
UPDATED fixes files.

The mod should work as designed now. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. The posted file is on the first page. Thanks

Hey NP you might want to mention that the three db text files have to go in the Homeland events folder. The first time I just copied them into the db folder and I noticed there was no overwriting. So I had to go find where the files were and put them there. Of course others may not be as silly as I am. I hope this helps anyone else who gets confused.
delanonne

Please tell me another place to upload the mod to and I'll do that for you.

try doing another one on mediafire but you'll have to call it HML (short for homeland) or fox will send an agent to your house a delete your life! I'll get his tomorrow and play a semi hands of as Hungary. you had better of made it good for Hungary!!

try doing another one on mediafire but you'll have to call it HML (short for homeland) or fox will send an agent to your house a delete your life! I'll get his tomorrow and play a semi hands of as Hungary. you had better of made it good for Hungary!!
F
If I was you I wouldn't bother playing as Hungary, as HUN gets attacked by the BEEF states and is quickly dismembered and shared out among them. I only worked on the majors.

This mod is a lot of fun. Good idea for an alternate WWII.

In my game as USA, England allied with Germany, Japan, and Italy. France was betrayed by the UK which was amusing, they held out until 1940 when Germany declared on the Belgium-Netherlands and broke thru. The Soviets were also alone and got steam rolled badly, they fell before France. For some reason China declared war on Sinkiang, which meant war with the Soviets too. Too much for Russia to handle.

Japan got a bunch of stuff for free, like annexing minor Chinese states and the Philippines. I can't see why China wouldn't be at war with Japan for that, seems like they would have done well with 90+ Jap divisions invading America.

This mod is a lot of fun. Good idea for an alternate WWII.

In my game as USA, England allied with Germany, Japan, and Italy. France was betrayed by the UK which was amusing, they held out until 1940 when Germany declared on the Belgium-Netherlands and broke thru. The Soviets were also alone and got steam rolled badly, they fell before France. For some reason China declared war on Sinkiang, which meant war with the Soviets too. Too much for Russia to handle.

Japan got a bunch of stuff for free, like annexing minor Chinese states and the Philippines. I can't see why China wouldn't be at war with Japan for that, seems like they would have done well with 90+ Jap divisions invading America.

Cheers TheBob! Glad you liked it.

I think it's time now to start thinking about taking this mod beyond this introduction.

1: Add much more depth to the 6 majors, possibly expand into lesser powers also.
2: I've never been a fan of the "drab" DH colours, so much more "full-colour" backgrounds and pics. AND Music!
3: SOV get creamed (as do USA), so the USA (as you would expect from Americans!) never say die and mount a come-back... SOV ? maybe stiffen their game with the arrival of new armies when GER gets near Moscow??? But definitely stiffen resolve versus GER.
4: Further twists, maybe nations change sides ... so you cannot rely on allies?
5: British Commonwealth gets involved more.

EDIT: AND DECISIONS! I'll have to try to get the hang of them...

Yeah, I think there can be lots of improvements made to make the mod better.

Have you any suggestions to give me?

I think it's time now to start thinking about taking this mod beyond this introduction.

1: Add much more depth to the 6 majors, possibly expand into lesser powers also.
2: I've never been a fan of the "drab" DH colours, so much more "full-colour" backgrounds and pics. AND Music!
3: SOV get creamed (as do USA), so the USA (as you would expect from Americans!) never say die and mount a come-back... SOV ? maybe stiffen their game with the arrival of new armies when GER gets near Moscow??? But definitely stiffen resolve versus GER.
4: Further twists, maybe nations change sides ... so you cannot rely on allies?
5: British Commonwealth gets involved more.

EDIT: AND DECISIONS! I'll have to try to get the hang of them...

Yeah, I think there can be lots of improvements made to make the mod better.

Have you any suggestions to give me?

Hey NP I have a little feedback for you. I am playing a handsoff game as Oman to see how it goes. It was not like the two games I played as Germany. US gets creamed as per the usual. The big difference for me this time is the alliances between UK, Ger, and Japan against the French and their allies plus the Sovs. It was all over in two years. France held out longer than the Sovs since the Japanese back doored them. The only holdout for the French friends is Holland with the one province next to the sea. The Axis has 30 divs setting next to the Dutch and has not attaced for over a year. I tried to mil control Ger or UK but no luck. I should do Acceptall. I just want to see what the post war does. Hopefully the Axis breaks up. The Germans have about 350 divs, Japan has about 200 and the Uk about 120 but, they have way more IC than either. The allies consist of Australia leading Canada, South Africa, Mexico and Egypt. Nothing new in North America. The two games I played as Germany there was no alliance with UK or the Sovs. In fact I feel that the Sovs are a little too weak. So if you can come up with some ideas to buff up the US and Sovs that might be nice. Postwar conflicts among the victors would be nice and give you all kinds of fun options.
Thanks again for a great job.
delanonne

Soviets in my game ended up at war with Germany, Japan and China, though china was not in alliance with Jap-Ger. Seems like Stalin would make peace with China, give them Sinkiang and Mongolia (or at least a free hand to take them) in exchange for help with the Japanese who are natural enemies for the Chinese. Especially, with Japan is at war with America, this would be a good time to retake Manchuria. Soviets could also make some kinda technical assistance mission to sweeten the deal.

For the U.S. coming back, just do some generic events (like the Communist Germany mod) where the U.S. instantly gets like fifty units to fight with (could be "volunteers", since I'm sure the U.S. would be a pain to fully conquer and control).

With the U.S., I have to do to win the war?

With the U.S., I have to do to win the war?

Thanks guys for the feedback and the suggestions.

@Gukpa: I'd stop attacking Canada. I gave the US many more units and even more regular infusions of National Guard infantry. Probably best to try to make a peace deal with Mexico (which isn't supposed to be allowed to happen (ferocity = yes) but still does), and concentrate troops against either ENG or JAP, but I think in reality, if you attack one, the other one gets you.

So, in answer to your question, I think you'll have to wait until I program a resurgent USA in the next chapter...

OR you could start all over, and use the USA navy to knock out the ENG navy in the Atlantic, and stop them landing armies in Nova Scotia and New York. Use the Pacific Fleets to stop the JAPS landing in Portland and Santa Barbara.

EDIT; The navies are all equal, none have any advantages over the other. I tried to get the Jap Navy as accurate as I could and the others too.

I annexed Canada and Mexico,recreate mexico and destroyed all japanase navy,invading Japan,but England and France are too distant,can you add a event for peace?

Status
Not open for further replies.