• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think you guys are correct! I need to be more sophisticated in my thinking. ... Back to the drawing board...

Maybe I got lazy? I just wanted to divide up the US by using the regions, makes it much easier for me. But as you say, not plausible.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

My thoughts as follows.

Give em puppets but make them like Reichskommissariats with core events to signify pacification over a long period.

Japan - Alaska, Oregon, Washington, NoCal, Hawaii - Hirohitoland

Canada - North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan - not puppeted, just Canadian.

GB - New England, East Coast (ending at Virginia) - 'British Colonies' Puppet (why stop at Virginia? Cos the population gets all CSAy and re-taar-ded... let them have their CSA and let them have Virginian tobacco to fund it)
Noncontiguous but also GB - Republic of Texarkana (Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma) - GB puppet.
Rump CSA (IE the gap between the two british colonies + florida) - could be GB puppet, or merely a 'backed government' (talking Mil access, non-aggression but is actually autonomous)

Well, I wasn't talking specifically about British Columbia, but the partition of Canada in general. The largest points I wanted to make was no, at least limited handouts of Canadian land and no puppets, and potentially additional RR for Japan.

Occupying the USA would be a very costly and difficult thing to do, for the reasons I laid out in the last post - huge population, large landmass and doing it from across an ocean. Giving the victors puppets is just coddling them too much - perhaps, as I said, a decision to make puppets once ten years or so passed, but should remain punitive until then.

Regarding Texan oil, I think a forced trade agreement might work if you're having problems - same thing as Kaiserreich does for Romania.

Land of Hirohito - Земля Хирохито
New France - Новая Франция
New England - Новая Англия

Thanks for taking the time. I got that as well from Google Translator, but I don't think DH accepts that alphabet? The one in-game looks like this: Êóéáûøåâ;;;X

Any idea what this is? or how to get it?

Also Hyo: what is RR? :eek:o

RR = revolt risk

But yes kommissariat kind of puppets..but I can imagine that in this game it would take at least 10 years to get some cores from the colonies..but in the meantime one could suspect either a full military prop up by the occupying powers (it would require like half of the JAP's army to suppress rebellion..) or the states would have revolted.

I really like the idea of some more revolters in the USA (using some unused tags :) ) and create some more states in the USA thereby creating a diverse civil / occupation war...it would be very cool. There could be some intervention by USSR or GER or others, depending on the governments that pop up...maybe this idea is far fetched but it would certainly call for a different game...

Tim

Er, DH definitely does support Cyrillic. Current Russian translation is done that way.

Thanks Kannon, I got the cyrillic, but when I went to paste it in, I then saw the other stuff... I'll use what you gave me THANKS.

KaiserMuffin: Would you believe, I've never played Kaissereich :eek:.. I have downloaded it .. probably 4 times, but always got distracted and never played it.. I'll have to download it again and check out these Kommissariat's...

Timmie0307: Thanks again Timmie, RR.. got it!

I've been reading up on Jap vs Russia, and Jap vs China etc... Also secession movements in the USA. Yes they are modern, but I'm sure what I've done now will turn out quite good, hopefully.

I'm doing roughly what KaiserMuffin suggested.

JAP gets Alaska, Seattle down to Portland, going slightly inland also, but only 1 or 2 states (on the DH map) from the coast.

Canada exists as it is, loses Prince Rupert to Japs, but gains south and a little west of the Great Lakes, as KaiserMuffin suggested.
...Canada keeps Vancouver.

I've got American native indian territory where they would want it, blackhill country, up to the Canadian border.

I've got Texas alone as it is.

I've got southern California separated too.

I've got a CSA-type territory, but larger and called the Christian Exodus, nothing to do with the CSA.

I've still got a New England, again 13 colonies + Ohio valley + south to the Csa-type border. They get Washington, Boston, New York and Norfolk.

The rest is a USA rump state. I've cut them off from the Atlantic ocean. Their outlet to the sea is in the Pacific, and they still have San Francisco.

I think that's it.

I've handwritten it all out... :rofl:

I see wars in Asia because of this, especially with Russia.
China? I'd like to see China exist as it is really...

Overall, I'm seeing large Powers... ENG/USA (muted in power)/Christian CSA?/GER/SOV/FRA/JAP, China, India?
..new minors in North America, are native indians, S. California and Texas.

I think I've done a good day's work. Thanks Very Much for all your help and suggestions. Cheers

Last edited:
What about Mexico in this setting? Despite of having stayed out of the conflict i'm sure that they would have wanted Arizona, New Mexico, maybe southern California and more important and more obvious, Texas!.

I think you are confused with some of what I and KM said. In the normal DH full mod, there is the option of Germany creating those territories (Komissariats) in former USSR / Ukraine / Caucasus. They have their capital as core and the rest as claims. This results in sometimes high revolt risks...

I would not give the rump USA access to the sea, both JAP and GB wouldn't want a USA becoming a naval power like that again (although it could lead to interesting things for rump USA to gain access, either war or some Danzig or War event...). I would not give Prince Rupert to JAP, the Canadians would feel betrayed and you would not want that. JAP already gets Hawaii and US pacific islands so that is already a lot if you include Alaska (or give it to Canada?) and the West Coast (include San Fran etc., maybe a division between MEX and JAP if MEX joins war?) Christian CSA would be nice as flavor, could give some friction with Texas...(if TEX independent, what about possible war with MEX?) The indian nation would also be fun :)

Tim

Really Canada should get Alaska, as its climate is more in tune with what we have here and that Japan would actually likely not want to them the frozen wasteland that Alaska would appear to them. Also why would Canada lose Prince Rupert. I know for most people out side of Canada, we seem to be a loyal Dog of England. And in some ways we were but Canada was only of the most independent states in the Commonwealth at the time. We had signed and past the statue of Westminster giving us control of our foreign affairs; we had our own seat at the LoN so to say Canada would just let England and Japan have a free hand after we were the ones invaded by America seems at little mean

Mm, possibly. Reichkommisariat puppets are fine as well I suppose; the biggest thing I wanted out of the whole 'no puppets' idea was the TC modifiers to really keep it punitive. But then again, I haven't really had TC problems in DH like, at all, so I suppose it wouldn't have been that big a difference anyway.

Canada getting Alaska sounds good, since Canada did have a beef about it, and oil is presumably not discovered yet; but the Japanese should get the Aleutians at the least - they'll want the naval bases, but I doubt they're all that interested in the North.

If the Japs do get Alaska however, I still stand by no-Canada parition stance and that Canada should keep Prince Rupert.

I suppose the best way to please everyone is to have Decisions and Event chains that the player can choose what way he wants it to be set up? But overall, having plusses and minuses for every choice the player makes.

Everything has a consequence.

This is only the basic set-up idea. A start. It can be tweaked and prodded over time and hopefully improved beyond measure...

I suppose. Sorry for the kind of antagnostic attitude.

If we are to partition, then as you have suggested, it should depend on setting certain flags by events, depending on how much territory then own.

Speaking of which, so what date do you plan to start the scenario? When America begins? During the winter of '35?

I suppose. Sorry for the kind of antagnostic attitude.

If we are to partition, then as you have suggested, it should depend on setting certain flags by events, depending on how much territory then own.

Speaking of which, so what date do you plan to start the scenario? When America begins? During the winter of '35?

Hi Hyo! I wouldn't worry about appearing antagonistic, I think it's part of the "internet".. I find people take things up "wrong" when I say stuff (sometimes). You cannot beat face-to-face communication really. Emails are the same? But I didn't find you antagonistic at all. I'm glad for your input.

Alaska: I'm thinking of deliberately setting up "zones of friction" to allow for future options for conflict. That's why JAP get Alaska, as well as they have to be given something?
Now I'm concerned that I'm being too generous to Canada, as... will they now be a new threat to ENG. ENG doesn't mind other Powers... as long as they are by far, the Major Power. Top Dog! I may curtail Canada, OR, set up a possibility of the new "southern Lake territories" that they got from their victory in the war (if they win?) wanting to create their own Republic, just as their previous USA brothers have done in Texas? Maybe a Canadian puppet?

Of all the new States, I see the Christian Exodus (CSA+) being the most likely to be "nazi-ified", since they are already susceptible to "brain-washing", maybe that's too strong a word? Let's say being over-eager in their belief systems?

Mexico: I thought of that when I set up Texas. Another possibility for conflict, definitely.

Date of start: Jan 1, 1936. The war started on July 5th, 1935, but after a few months, slowed and stopped because of the Canadian Winter. This fact alone, is the major factor and why attitudes of ENG changed. In the smoke-filled rooms of the City of London, the real people in power in the UK, had time to think, and time to change attitudes...

As to why the USA suddenly attacked Canada. In addition to what I wrote on page 1; I see CIA etc attacking sites in the US.. and blaming the Canadians for it.. giving them a reason to "sort out" the Canadians, once and for all. So FDR may have been fooled into agreeing ... ?... That's if the CIA existed in 1936??.. but you know what I mean.

As to why the USA suddenly attacked Canada. In addition to what I wrote on page 1; I see CIA etc attacking sites in the US.. and blaming the Canadians for it.. giving them a reason to "sort out" the Canadians, once and for all. So FDR may have been fooled into agreeing ... ?... That's if the CIA existed in 1936??.. but you know what I mean.

Very good. Much better than non-payment of debts. Only problem is that the CIA didn't exist then, not even its WWII predecessor the OSS. Offhand I'd suggest a rogue faction of one of the following

Originally posted on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Strategic_Services

Prior to the formation of the OSS (the American version of the British Secret Intelligence Service and Special Operations Executive), American intelligence had been conducted on an ad-hoc basis by the various departments of the executive branch, including the State, Treasury, Navy, and War Departments. They had no overall direction, coordination, or control.

KaiserMuffin: Would you believe, I've never played Kaissereich :eek:.. I have downloaded it .. probably 4 times, but always got distracted and never played it.. I'll have to download it again and check out these Kommissariat's...

They're part of DH full, not KR. Just play as Germany and release puppets in Lebensraum after BP
Or Check out the revoltrisks.

Very good. Much better than non-payment of debts. Only problem is that the CIA didn't exist then, not even its WWII predecessor the OSS. Offhand I'd suggest a rogue faction of one of the following

Originally posted on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Strategic_Services

Thanks Very Much for that, I'll take a look.
I finally fixed a problem that I'd actually caused on the first day of modding, was breaking my heart, but I got there in the end...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.