• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

novapaddy

War-Father
103 Badges
Aug 26, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
#########################################################
Homeland for DH1.04

This mod won mod of the month for Darkest Hour one time. Guys enjoyed this mod a lot.
Somehow when DH upgraded to dh1.03, the mod did not work as it used to, so it was eventually abandoned.
Recently, I discovered what might have happened and I have now fixed and ported the mod to DH1.04.
This is the raw mod as I found it. It is error free. I'm not yet familiar again with the mod and I am intending to add new fun stuff to it soon. But this can wait as I'm sure you would like to play the mod as it is now?

..........................................................................................................................

It is 1935...

The USA invades Canada expecting the British Empire to roll over and let them. The Brits respond in force and activate the Empire to respond to America's "Day of Infamy" attack on a neutral, peaceful neighbouring country.

The reason why all those troops are in New England, is because the Brits are pouring into Canada through the Newfoundland ports. This is where the major fighting is happening. All along that massive US-Canada border, things are much quieter, since the land is mostly empty, and it's only on the West Coast near Vancouver and Seattle where the other major fighting is occurring.

So, yeah, you can pour troops into the middle, but Canada is also responding by mobilizing whatever forces it can gather together. The US was hoping not to have to mobilize, but things (as usual) haven't gone too well, and the quick victory isn't looking at all certain...

And just as things are getting manageable for the US.. HELL.. the Japs are landing on the West Coast...

####################################################

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...TAIN-1930-bombing-raids-chemical-weapons.html

is dead

TRY THIS:

PART ONE of the previous video:

PART TWO:

PART THREE:

REMEMBER: Rhineland and Prussia are German demilitarised zones.

DIRECTIONS:
Extract PatriaRC3ver2.0.7z into your Darkest Hour/Mods folder.
Select Patria/Homeland RC3 from the list in the Launcher. Play.
This is a single file of approx 220MBs.

19th April, 2016

LINK: https://mega.nz/#!apxmXIAC!ASbmuf8IA3ntrJxhx56GAGWcWktp_X3uw3C6FqgIti4

###################################

62 new units included:

Last edited:
Hope this gets finished, Novapaddy!

Even with British support, I don't think the Canadians would stand a chance (their strategy was, in such conditions, to basically distract the Americans long enough for the Brits to arrive).

Hope this gets finished, Novapaddy!

Even with British support, I don't think the Canadians would stand a chance (their strategy was, in such conditions, to basically distract the Americans long enough for the Brits to arrive).

i think you over estimate the Americans and underestimate the British, the Americans were still fairly behind on war doctrine in 1935 and were quite comfortable at peace, they wouldn't be ready for a full scale war with the British empire. Also around this time the royal navy was still the largest navy on the earth. The only doctrine to surpass Britain at any great amount was Germany in 1940/41 time and the US took their first year of war 'settling in' to it so developed the most then. in the long run the USA would be more powerful because of their industrial base but if Britain destroyed main ports and drydocks on the east coast early on then the USA would have to sail through Pananma which the British could blockade hence leaving the entire east coast without any naval forces.

What role would other nations play like Brazil,Argentina and Mexico, surely they'd be involved abit because of the Monroe doctrine the USA had implemented. Would they take offence to the USA betraying the doctrine or would they join in on a 'defend the america's against imperialism' crusade?

This game mod fully recognises the real life sacrifice that many peoples from many nations, but especially the US and their Allies made during real life world war two, in the defence of Freedom from Tyranny. This is a mod for a game, for entertainment purposes only. Its scenario is a complete a work of fiction.

Why are you saying this?

This sounds awesome. Like seriously awesome like hell. I am definitely rooting for this one.

The French rearming needs some more background work though, since their Leftist coalition was too unstable to intervene in a war like that, especially when it's not Germany. Besides, the French care little for Quebec anyway (Except de Gaulle riling up nationalism there, pissing everyone off); it hasn't been their territory for like several centuries.

Why are you saying this?

I didn't want to offend anyone. I saw something like this on an old hoi2 mod, and thought it was appropriate.
I had 2 uncles in the British Navy during the war, one was a petty officer. They served on the convoys to Russia I believe.

Some people may have sensitivites regarding the material, as I believe the US gets totally screwed in one of my ideas...

i think you over estimate the Americans and underestimate the British, the Americans were still fairly behind on war doctrine in 1935 and were quite comfortable at peace, they wouldn't be ready for a full scale war with the British empire. Also around this time the royal navy was still the largest navy on the earth. The only doctrine to surpass Britain at any great amount was Germany in 1940/41 time and the US took their first year of war 'settling in' to it so developed the most then. in the long run the USA would be more powerful because of their industrial base but if Britain destroyed main ports and drydocks on the east coast early on then the USA would have to sail through Pananma which the British could blockade hence leaving the entire east coast without any naval forces.

What role would other nations play like Brazil,Argentina and Mexico, surely they'd be involved abit because of the Monroe doctrine the USA had implemented. Would they take offence to the USA betraying the doctrine or would they join in on a 'defend the america's against imperialism' crusade?

Even if slightly behind technologically (for that very short time span), fully mobilized the U.S. would have far more troops than the British. Keep in mind that the U.K. still are fighting from across the world, and the U.S. manpower base is stationed only a few hundred miles from the Canadian capital. I don't think the U.K. could actually beat the U.S., at most they could just stall them in Canada. I do think that a U.S. invasion of the U.K. would be impossible (at least until 1941), though, since the U.S. fleet was still in it's learning stage, although it was the third largest.

The U.S. was mainly self-reliant on resources until the 1970's, so a blockade would not do much harm to the war output. The only issue I see is the lack of rubber coming in from Congo and Indochina. I don't think a true blockade would be possible on the U.S. from both coasts (the U.S. would block the Panama canal, making a Pacific blockade a pain), though the Eastern sea board is somewhat likely.

Again, it's just a waiting game. The U.S. had the largest industrial force in the world, remember that their war-time output was larger than the rest of the world combined, and the U.S. didn't even fight the war at the same mobilization level as most other powers (it's argued that they won the war with one arm tied behind their back).

Basically, if the U.K. can't force a treaty within a year, I think the U.S. would be unstoppable. Within a few years, the U.S. had more capital ships than the rest of the world combined (coming from the third most), countering the only advantage the U.K. would have over the U.S..

I think that Mexico and most of Central America would come to U.S. aide (at least Central America) due to the U.S. intervention forcing in favorable governments (plus, their overall reliance on the U.S. and similar feelings of liberal views).
South America is a wild card, I really couldn't say either way. I don't think that any power there would go to war against the U.S., though I'm not sure they'd want to go to war to aide them.

Last edited:
Very interesting

Even if slightly behind technologically (for that very short time span), fully mobilized the U.S. would have far more troops than the British. Keep in mind that the U.K. still are fighting from across the world, and the U.S. manpower base is stationed only a few hundred miles from the Canadian capital. I don't think the U.K. could actually beat the U.S., at most they could just stall them in Canada. I do think that a U.S. invasion of the U.K. would be impossible (at least until 1941), though, since the U.S. fleet was still in it's learning stage, although it was the third largest.

The U.S. was mainly self-reliant on resources until the 1970's, so a blockade would not do much harm to the war output. The only issue I see is the lack of rubber coming in from Congo and Indochina. I don't think a true blockade would be possible on the U.S. from both coasts (the U.S. would block the Panama canal, making a Pacific blockade a pain), though the Eastern sea board is somewhat likely.

Again, it's just a waiting game. The U.S. had the largest industrial force in the world, remember that their war-time output was larger than the rest of the world combined, and the U.S. didn't even fight the war at the same mobilization level as most other powers (it's argued that they won the war with one arm tied behind their back).

Basically, if the U.K. can't force a treaty within a year, I think the U.S. would be unstoppable. Within a few years, the U.S. had more capital ships than the rest of the world combined (coming from the third most), countering the only advantage the U.K. would have over the U.S..

I think that Mexico and most of Central America would come to U.S. aide (at least Central America) due to the U.S. intervention forcing in favorable governments (plus, their overall reliance on the U.S. and similar feelings of liberal views).
South America is a wild card, I really couldn't say either way. I don't think that any power there would go to war against the U.S., though I'm not sure they'd want to go to war to aide them.
The UK plan is basically, "hold em till we can rerun 1812"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_Scheme_No._1

The UK plan is basically, "hold em till we can rerun 1812"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_Scheme_No._1

The difference being the U.S., 120 years later, has a far larger population (well, in the homeland) and economy than it did. ;)

This sentence in that article sums it up best:
"Brown did not coordinate with the British, so did not know that the Royal Navy thought that defending Canada was impossible and did not plan to send a large army there. His plan would thus have sacrificed the best Canadian troops for no reason."

I'm intrigued and certainly hope you can go through with this. But I'm curious how such a war is justified to the American people and to Congress. I cannot understand how "the British have not paid back their loans to us" would be accepted as a legitimate reason to start World War 1.5

Thanks for the comments guys, as it helps with ideas.

My idea so far:
FDR has made a serious miscalculation. The Manifest Destiny policy has opened up a "can of worms".
The severe Canadian Winter has come to his aid. Military operations have stopped. The frontlines are still and quiet, for the moment. The Spring thaw approaches.
The Winter has given the protagonists time to think through the issue.
But it has also opened up new opportunities for America's enemies.
Not too much damage or suffering has occurred yet, nothing that cannot be undone...

Whatever happens, if Germany conquers half of Europe and Britain responds, the USA is not coming to help.
So already, world history has changed irrevocably. No D-Day, no Operation Torch, no Operation Husky...
But it's only 1936, and the Powers don't realise the horror Hitler wants to unleash, yet.

Does Britain decide to attack, as the US is not prepared.
They may HAVE to, as if they don't follow through now, the wounded US will be a powerful enemy, far too powerful...

How cohesive is the US population. Will it hold together, "one nation, undivided"?
There are some in Great Britain, who would do anything to get some American Colonies again...
.. and why stop there. Probably some in France too? DH is a game of world conquest.

If Britain and the US go for a proper war...
What about Japan? Why invade China, when a much better, AND their ultimate target, lies exposed, and vulnerable.

Germany stands aloof but already Hitler is scheming and planning.
Will this unexpected war between the "democracies" open up new opportunities for GER?
Plenty of oil in Texas...

Stalin muses in the Kremlin. It seems Marks and Engels were right again about "democracies".
But hasn't the Soviet Union already got enough land?

Overall, I think this mod opens up all sorts of new gameplay possibilities...
Playing as GER, I've always ignored the airforce and navy, and just built ARMY!
Playing this mod, forces me now to have to get to know the navy and airforce.

I'm intrigued and certainly hope you can go through with this. But I'm curious how such a war is justified to the American people and to Congress. I cannot understand how "the British have not paid back their loans to us" would be accepted as a legitimate reason to start World War 1.5

I have to agree with the above statement. While I enjoy a good tussle with the Yankees, I am not sure why this war would ever happen. Even with the Great Depression, there was just too much trade between Britain and the United States and between Canada and the United States for this to be realistic. Even if the British seriously consider Imperial Preference in 1932, I still have my doubts. I realize that both sides had plans, but there were too many Anglophiles in the US and as mentioned, the Brits didn't want to fight the Americans either. I don't think anyone wanted the 13 Colonies back.

It's an interesting scenario...

I have to agree with the above statement. While I enjoy a good tussle with the Yankees, I am not sure why this war would ever happen. Even with the Great Depression, there was just too much trade between Britain and the United States and between Canada and the United States for this to be realistic. Even if the British seriously consider Imperial Preference in 1932, I still have my doubts. I realize that both sides had plans, but there were too many Anglophiles in the US and as mentioned, the Brits didn't want to fight the Americans either. I don't think anyone wanted the 13 Colonies back.

It's an interesting scenario...

I can see your point. It does seem implausible?
Was ARG attack on the Falklands in 1982 implausible? Very much so.
Was ENG response and re-invasion in 1982 implausible? Very much so.

But I don't want to get into a conversation over implausibility too much, a little maybe is ok.
A mod has to have some starting point, and yes although implausible to our modern eyes, back then (from the movie) maybe not so, especially when the historian even considered it a possibility? (book page)
It's good starting point. It allows lots of new stuff to occur. The possibilities are endless....

I think overall the mod can be viewed as an Older establised Empire, seeing an Upstart, up-and-coming Empire as a future threat.
The US attacks. They have initiated this whole crisis. "They started it!"
Yes FDR has made a monumental mistake, in hindsight... but before it all actually happened, I reckon the Yanks would have been ..
expecting a walkover, over-in-6-weeks etc etc. Something quick and easy and over and they end up better off, and imposing now over GB.

But it's only an effort to bring new life to DH. A new scenario. Something new and different.

Cheers

View attachment 55884

Last edited:
How is the British AI coping with a war in North America?

I'll see if I can get you a pic. So far, Brit ai is doing fine. I haven't touched the US ai yet, and they appear a little "souped up" and stronger than the Brits.
I'm hoping that I can have the 6 major powers using the same ai.. to even things up.. Will have to try it out and see what happens.

Because there will be much more naval activity, I'm having to drop the build times, so there will be more ships... but now I've another problem... there are too few naval officers to command the units..

I'm having a blast doing this. Modding is fab!

Status
Not open for further replies.