+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Until the bitter end - A German Third Reich Mod AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    That's super Italy over there... Mussolini's dream came true.
    Indeed, we'll see how long it lasts.

It looks like the casualty ratio in the East is 3:1 in your favour. We will see whether that's enough.
    I don't think it is, hopefully my 1942 offensive/s will improve on this.

Quote Originally Posted by panzergenerals View Post
    Nice AAR.
    Thankyou, as you can probably see I've used some of your advice and tactics.

Short question: U play with the option "Bring them on" or not ?
    Yes I am playing with the 'Bring Them On' as well as the total occupation policy.
    The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes - that guy, you know THAT GUY
    There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know - Harry Truman
    And well, everything can be obvious... but only after you've found it out or someone told you. - Titan79

AARs:
    The BBC Reports! An ten-player online 1936 AoD AAR using the 1.09 changes 25: ongoing

A three-player online AoD AAR using the Improved 1936 mod - currently reached August 1941: the game has ended but the AAR is in need of updating

My first AAR playing as Germany using the AoD Third Reich Mod - currently reached August 1945: postponed

War is over! if you want it Titan79's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Really, really interesting AAR. Good job, Mr_B0narpte!

A question: how do you manage to keep afloat with your manpower? I've seen from the screens that occasionally you seemed to have had some small "boosts" to it. Is this just due to your disbanding brigades policy, or have you also benefitted from some events (if I'm not mistaken, the TRM has some for foreign volunteers enlisting in the German armed forces)?

Nice AAR.
    By the way - what about your AAR, panzergenerals? Have you lost the war, in the end?
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Quote Originally Posted by Titan79 View Post
    Thankyou

A question: how do you manage to keep afloat with your manpower? I've seen from the screens that occasionally you seemed to have had some small "boosts" to it. Is this just due to your disbanding brigades policy, or have you also benefitted from some events (if I'm not mistaken, the TRM has some for foreign volunteers enlisting in the German armed forces)?
    I've had two events that have given me 41 MP in total (35 from Hiwis and 6 from French 'recruits'). I have also been disbanding '18 and '36 infantry divisions while trying to maintain a significant force in France and the Low Countries.
    The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes - that guy, you know THAT GUY
    There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know - Harry Truman
    And well, everything can be obvious... but only after you've found it out or someone told you. - Titan79

AARs:
    The BBC Reports! An ten-player online 1936 AoD AAR using the 1.09 changes 25: ongoing

A three-player online AoD AAR using the Improved 1936 mod - currently reached August 1941: the game has ended but the AAR is in need of updating

My first AAR playing as Germany using the AoD Third Reich Mod - currently reached August 1945: postponed

By the way - what about your AAR, panzergenerals? Have you lost the war, in the end?
    No i didnt play anymore. I still have the save game... but no time to play (((((

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Mr_B0narpte,

what's the situation of the Luftwaffe? I mean, could you provide a quick picture of the Allies/USSR air forces' operations, the troubles they're causing to your troops/factories and the way you're fending these attacks off?
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

what's the situation of the Luftwaffe? I mean, could you provide a quick picture of the Allies/USSR air forces' operations, the troubles they're causing to your troops/factories and the way you're fending these attacks off?
    The Allies air forces' operations are predominantly strategic, with the US in particular targeting specific industrial provinces like Hannover, Munster and Metz. I rarely spot the UK's strategic bomber force, maybe because they've taken such a battering! Both the UK and US are also ground attacking/ interdicting my troops in France with little success as all my garrisons there are equipped with AA. So far I am easily fending off the Western Allies air attacks with interceptors based in Brest, Paris, Lille, Antwerp and Essen.

The USSR air force operations are fully interdiction and ground attack, with some very rare attacks on airfields (probably because I don't have any air forces stationed on the Eastern front). These attacks can be devastating, especially after having refitted and reorganised a unit to only see it bombed into confusion and dismay before reaching the battlefield.

Also, I've compared the stats of a submarine in this mod to 'vanilla' 1.07 and, as well as editing the build times, the visibility of submarines has been decreased (type IV from 7 to 5 and type III from 8 to 7).

AARs:

As, so you've decided to defend the homeland at the cost of letting the Soviet air force roam undisputed over your troops.

What about assigning a couple of fig/int to the East in order to shoot down some bolshevik aircraft...?

It needs to be more then a few, I sent 8 before but that just wasn't enough as the USSR has plenty of fighters and interceptors on top of all its bombers. With hindsight I should've built more interceptors and dedicated around two-thirds of them in the west and the other third in the east from June-1941.

AARs:

Yes, I'm in the course of a TRM game, too, and know what you're talking about...

By the way, no updates?

You should make an AAR with the Third Reich Mod, I'd subscribe

If all goes to plan I'll have an update up by tomorrow.

AARs:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_B0narpte View Post
    You should make an AAR with the Third Reich Mod, I'd subscribe

If all goes to plan I'll have an update up by tomorrow.
    Very good!

About an AAR from me: I already had one in the works, but I was forced to stop it... I'll make another one when 1.08 comes out (and Gringo hopefully ports the TRM to it). Just don't expect it too soon...

Very good!
    Thanks.

About an AAR from me: I already had one in the works, but I was forced to stop it... I'll make another one when 1.08 comes out (and Gringo hopefully ports the TRM to it). Just don't expect it too soon...
    Oh that's unfortunate, but great to hear you plan to make another. Although I haven't seen Gringo make any posts for quite a long time now.

AARs:

Oh yeah of course, I've emptied it.

AARs:

March 1942

German documents and files pertaining to 1st March - 19th March 1942 have all mysteriously disappeared. Not much is remembered during the month, with the situation not changing significantly since the end of February. (Sorry about the mix up, I've recently got a new computer and seem to have lost the previous screenshots).

However, from the 20th March the German bureaucracy was hard at work at keeping track of all the major events, including taking note of the situation on the eastern front. The winter was still prevalent along the entire front, preventing any hope of a major German offensive in March.

The air war in the west persisted but with notably less ferocity from the US airforce suggesting they are taking unsustainable losses.

The Battle of the Atlantic also had some notable successes for German raiders against the American and British merchant navies.

Smolensk has again been specifically targeted by Stalin, with the German forces in the city holding firm with heavy losses on both sides. Meanwhile down south, the Heer and its allied forces had to retreat behind the Dnieper after the Red Army completely overwhelmed them by sheer weight of numbers. This retreat thankfully paralleled continued success on the Finnish front with the Soviets still on the retreat themselves, until they had reinforced the area.

AARs:

Finally, an update! Not that much action, though, but your losses are scary.

The ground will thaw within some days, and in a couple of weeks (i.e. May) you should be able to retake the offensive.

What do you plan to do? An attack in the north, to help out your Finnish allies? A strong offensive in the center, aimed at conquering the Soviet capital, Moscow, and hopefully at destroying a big amount of Soviet armies defending it? Or, seeing that your fuel stocks are slowly running out, a more economically based offensive, a drive for Russian oil aimed at Baku - and Stalingrad...?

Finally, an update! Not that much action, though, but your losses are scary.
    Yes they are, my manpower has dropped to frightening levels (my future updates will show this)
    The ground will thaw within some days, and in a couple of weeks (i.e. May) you should be able to retake the offensive.

What do you plan to do? An attack in the north, to help out your Finnish allies? A strong offensive in the center, aimed at conquering the Soviet capital, Moscow, and hopefully at destroying a big amount of Soviet armies defending it? Or, seeing that your fuel stocks are slowly running out, a more economically based offensive, a drive for Russian oil aimed at Baku - and Stalingrad...?
    Indeed I have reached mid-May and have started to go on the offensive, my updates are soon to come and reveal my plans.

AARs:

April 1942

The situation on the eastern front.

The Luftwaffe was both astonished and in admiration of the sheer determination of the RAF and US air force in its determination to bomb Germany's industry. The Vichy air force aided the Luftwaffe in the skies over France after the US declared war on Vichy France.

With a succesful Soviet attack on Vyshgorod an opportunty opened up for the Heer as the Red Army advanced hopelessly into the Pripet Marshes without even covering its flanks. Soviet attacks in the north were additionally repulsed. The tactical bombers enjoyed attack the encircled units, until the Red Air force got involved. Partisan uprising in occupied territory were successfully repressed by German units but provided a worry for the German leadership as to how long the war could be sustained against such determination.

The building of the Atlantic Wall and economic projects in the east continued. The war in the Atlantic and Mediterranean experienced repeated successes, with the UK still loosing significant amounts of rare materials on a daily basis.

The winter weather started to alleviate throughout April, with the ice melting most of the terrain turned to mud, delaying any major offensive until the terrain was clear. The increasing losses coupled with the complete failure of Japan to achieve any decisive success in the Pacific are a major cause of concern for the German leadership. Without months of declaring war on the USA, Japan had appeared to be on the defensive, with US and allied landings on several Japanese islands in the Pacific as well as a successful landing on occupied China.

Last edited by Mr_B0narpte; 10-07-2012 at 13:42. Reason: Corrections

AARs:

So it's yet to see where you'll point your 1942 summer offensive to... perhaps you could try to engage the Soviet forces in a big encirclement battle at the center of the front and then, after having destroyed many enemy armies, head for Moscow or Stalingrad. But you're in charge and it's up to you to decide .

This has got to be one of my favourite aars, i love ones where the author actually has a difficult time, I will be following this to the bitter(sweet) end!
    Newbie to the forums here, looking to have some awesome multiplayer games in DH!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast