• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(20666)

Private
Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
I just finished my 3rd game, but i don't have the desire to play another, I don't have anything to try & beat other than the game itself.
It would be great if their was a score associated with each game. After finishing a game it feels so empty to just have it end.

I agree that Achievements and a high-score table can add longevity to an otherwise solid 4x game. The Devs have actually said that they are working on implementing a high-score screen for the game- no eta though. Alas, no word on whether or not Achievements will be implemented.

They have? Do you recall where? I'd like to read it.

I saw a dev post saying they were working on the High-Score table, partially because player requests had made it a priority. I haven't seen a Dev post saying they were going to launch the feature with the MP addition. August is pretty specific- the previous MP timeline was summer.

(Its really easy for unrealistic expectations to be created which then irritate the player base- creating negative PR for a Dev that didn't commit to such.)

I would love to see the statistics for how units of each type my troops have killed and how many I've lost. That was a major incentive to play in Civ 4, I remember my Privateers killing hundreds of caravels, tens of frigates and even an ironclad in that game. The trophy list in this would be so much fun. Imagine killing hundreds of rogues, rats and bats and quite a few old trolls and vampire elders. And best of all would be the number of dragons slain. One of the victory conditions could even be to kill (say) 100 Elite units or better (depending on map size), that could make venturing into the other worlds to do Elite hunting a more direct way to win rather than the much harder victory from controlling all the holy grounds, which I have never heard anyone has achieved yet.

This bummed me out quite a bit also. It's a small thing, but it's important.

Beating the game and getting 'YOU WIN' with a one screen cutscene and then credits rolling is really unsatisfying.

Some post game stat breakdowns and a final score would help.

I finished the game once each on normal/challenging/impossible and then again with Armageddon and the Elves, and while it was fun each time, the 'ending' was a bit let down.

Exactly my opinion. A scoretable and a highscore-list would motivate much more to play a new game.
And this feature should not be a too heavy problem to be integrated in the game.

I'm guessing the devs looked at the numbers and saw that very very few players actually finish to the very end a game that is started. I dont think I ever have. That said I wouldnt mind a civ-esk stat sheet with the number and type of enemy units I've killed plus the total population # per mage that I've slaughtered. Which brings to mind the question...how do elves and undead reproduce..dead being dead and elves being all dudes.

I'm guessing the devs looked at the numbers and saw that very very few players actually finish to the very end a game that is started. I dont think I ever have.

Thats probably true, though a stats score at the time of endgame would probably suffice for a lot of gamers. Im not really that bothered myself, but alot of players would like to see this so they can compare past exploits I guess... me Id like to see steam achievements, but Im probably in the minority.

yep, stats of how well everyone is doing and unique wonders is really what is missing to get the full civ like but better feeling.
wouldnt mind paying for both. etienne

Thats probably music to the devs ears (& Pdx's), but I personally would prefer that in a patch and "new" content in paid DLC.

I'd like to see something like this, too.

Both achievements and a score/stats thing.

Fenryder has an excellent point, I don't finish all my games either. But perhaps an end score-screen would motivate people to finish more games. And a stats function could be done so it was accesible continuously through the game, and not just at the very end. (Although that would maybe be less motivating again for finishing games. :) )

Maybe I should have added this to my suggestions voting thing. Ah well, maybe next time. :)

I do like this game a lot and would like to see it gain bigger success. I agree with what's been said here, and think that it could benefit from anything in a 'reward' or 'achievement' type vein. I kept looking for a 'campaign' button when I started playing, that would help too.
Maybe you even keep your Wizard and start a harder game with all the spells you learned. Just any ideas to keep the game going. Like people say, once you've played through a few skirmishes the incentive to play any more isn't really clear. Personally I do think the 'Diablo' approach of starting a harder game with your well-earned bonuses would be good, or something like that.

Yep, once I see I've won I stop playing, why troll thru when you know you're just going to get the same old end screen sequence, This would enhance the whole game & give it tremendous replay value, with things like score, stats, achievements I could see myself playing this game years for now.