• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
think in my playthrough there's only one little county left or something like that. The muslims are starting to cross the Pyranees too into Aquitane.

I have probably played 10 full games(Starting at 1066) now and I have NEVER seen a single Catholic Spanish kingdom survive past 1130s. Muslims always take over Iberia. Tried mods to help it but nothing works.

EDIT: Apuila(The Normans in southern Italy.) always seems to get wiped by musliims from Africa too.

I have probably played 10 full games(Starting at 1066) now and I have NEVER seen a single Catholic Spanish kingdom survive past 1130s. Muslims always take over Iberia. Tried mods to help it but nothing works.

EDIT: Apuila(The Normans in southern Italy.) always seems to get wiped by musliims from Africa too.

Me too trough I have just played 2 full games.

but yeah problem is that taifa kingdoms (Iberian Muslims) historically fight with each other which Christians chance to annex them slowly, but ck2 Islamic countries never go war with another (exp mongols ofc)

Also I heard that Christians stats of Iberia mostly conquer rest of Iberia peninsula on ck2Plus.

assasinate two out of the three kings early, and the remaining one inherits teh rest into a super catholic iberian kingdom

This was my plan whenever I was playing as one of the three kings, but now the costs have scaled up so it's less of an option until they most certainly have had children.

In my 500+ hours, I have never, ever seen the Iberian kingdoms survive. On a few very rare occasions I have seen them beat back the Muslims and conquer half of Iberia, on one occasion even 75%, but sooner or later they always get pushed back and destroyed, usually before 1200.

Seen the king of Galicia get lucky once and inherit Leon and Castille. Still didn't stop him from getting ganged up on and losing against every Muslim country in Iberia.

The Catholics losing in Iberia is a problem which has persisted since CK1.

Seen the king of Galicia get lucky once and inherit Leon and Castille. Still didn't stop him from getting ganged up on and losing against every Muslim country in Iberia.

The Catholics losing in Iberia is a problem which has persisted since CK1.

It's not really a "problem" - especially vs. the berbers, it was always a possibility - but it should definitely happen a lot less consistently.

The christians always have to get extremely lucky somehow. I played a CK2+ 1067 start, where instead of a Mauretania blob there are broken-up emirates in muslim Spain. The King of Castille inherited Leon and conquered Galicia before 1100, but ridiculous amount of muslim holy war still wiped them out. It's 1220 and all that's left is OPM Aragon and three-province Galicia-Navarra. Add to the fact that the Catholic Church is getting overrun by heresy and any crusades that get called go for the Levant and Muslim Spain will be there to stay unless I unite the British Isles and do it the hard way myself.

It's not really a "problem" - especially vs. the berbers, it was always a possibility - but it should definitely happen a lot less consistently.

I'd consider it a problem that Iberia always ends up the same way in 99% of games. The solution is to give the Spanish a shot at surviving and even winning for once. As it stands the Spanish kingdoms always get beat down by the Muslims and eventually wiped out altogether. Like you said, they should get beat less often.

In my current 1.05c/1.05f game Castille, Aragon, Viscaya and Navarra are still going in 1123, although are not very big. Barcelona has recently been conquered by Mauretania. France owns the land where Galicia was.

I am playing as Savoy and have noticed a lot of Holy Wars back and forth for Sardinia and Siciliy where the Catholic powers are working well together.

This isn't a balance problem because you're starting in 1066. In 1066 the Christian kingdoms were weaker and poised to lose. The only thing that changed the situation was the Reconquista which was a huge horribly complex thing that involved lots of other Europeans and lasted over 700 years and can't even begin to be represented in-game.

They put a lot of work into historically representing the Reconquista in terms of territory though so just start later if it bothers you.

Heck I just marry into one of the royal families and they get involved. In my current game as King of England I have managed to help create a Castille that controls the entire Northern Spain and each time they go to war I join in if they need, which is getting less and less.