+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid Error

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Stupid Error

Ok, so I have Windows 7 and Steam.

When I installed the game, it tried to install DirectX, but the setup didn't appear on the screen. I just closed it with task manager since I already have directX updated all the way anyways.
    So it installed the redistributable files or whatever, and I tried to load it up...and the launcher appears, but the pop-down menu thing for mods is covered by a white rectangle, and when I click play, the launcher just goes away and nothing loads up.

What's the deal with this? I've tried reinstalling, and the same stuff just happens.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Try navigating to the game directory in "steamapps/common/victoria2" and running the v2game.exe
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Aha. When I run that I get "The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer."

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zhetone View Post
    Aha. When I run that I get "The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer."
    That is probably because you need to run the DirectX Install that didn't work.
    I'll look into it.

Try Downloading and installing this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...n.aspx?id=5555

This setup file should already be in your Victoria 2 folder though.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

did you install both files from the Microsoft 2005 c++ redistributable? you need both.

Well the odd thing is, I found the file it says is missing within my System32 folder...so I have no idea what's wrong. I'll try installing that program.

Hooray, it works! Thanks jaxx2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhetone View Post
    Well the odd thing is, I found the file it says is missing within my System32 folder...so I have no idea what's wrong. I'll try installing that program.

Hooray, it works! Thanks jaxx2009.
    Glad to help
    You can add me on steam if you want, "jaxx2009" and I can help you out if you ever need it.

+ Reply to Thread