• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chronicler

Field Marshal
19 Badges
Sep 16, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
I suggested this ages ago

But seeing a recent thread about Japan still being buggy in a recent thread in the forum....

I really just want to beg Paradox to restore the old Japan nation, since as stated, this new system is well and truly broken, and appears unfixable.
I would also recommend that you fix all the other problems that came with new things in the game, from what I remember the mission system was introduced later wasn't it? And it's still buggy.
One thing you can fix for example is the cheat people use to gain imperial authority using hordes. Well, I'm just sick of this really.

I want the old Ming instead! The faction system makes it unplayable.
But yes, Japan too.

It's actually more playable than you think, because the factions disappear once you westernize. The real problem is that you're still stuck with the horrible Celestial Empire government type until 1644. It's an unnecessary penalty.

It's actually more playable than you think, because the factions disappear once you westernize. The real problem is that you're still stuck with the horrible Celestial Empire government type until 1644. It's an unnecessary penalty.

Sorry, you're wrong on both counts. You keep the factions and the Celestial Empire all the way through. Ming with these constraints is actually a lot of fun to play, you are potentially very powerful but its very hard to make that strength work for you. That, to me, is an excellent balance. You can still convert the Pacific to a Chinese Lake though.

Old Ming is just the Big Brown Blob. You need something to hold it back.

In my older games I remember Ming overcoming the hordes pretty quickly.

But yes, to earlier poster, maybe old Ming as well (actually haven't played Ming after celestial factions were introduced)

Hordes have a lot of bugs as well, but I like the general idea of them I guess. HRE has some small things that need fixing.

Sorry, you're wrong on both counts. You keep the factions and the Celestial Empire all the way through.
The 5.2 betas make Westernization remove the factions.

True. I hope japan will also be less buggy. But what is think, the DW was mostly made for modders...
If you dislike hordes and a buggy Japan, you can try MEIOU or D&T. D&T, in particular balanced the various tech groups with Lithuania often coming out as a superpower (which is something you'd definitely like).

I suggested this ages ago

But seeing a recent thread about Japan still being buggy in a recent thread in the forum....

I really just want to beg Paradox to restore the old Japan nation, since as stated, this new system is well and truly broken, and appears unfixable.
I would also recommend that you fix all the other problems that came with new things in the game, from what I remember the mission system was introduced later wasn't it? And it's still buggy.
One thing you can fix for example is the cheat people use to gain imperial authority using hordes. Well, I'm just sick of this really.

Considering 5.2 fixed Japan, I am going to an disagree with you chronicler.

Alter the Unite Japan decision or add a new one with the following conditions that if the shogun has 100% influence he can unite japan, and inherit all daimyo's.

It's my alternative and it does the job fair enough if the AI manages to keep peace.
Atleast something will happen then !

Considering 5.2 fixed Japan, I am going to an disagree with you chronicler.

True, that must be why people playing the 5.2 beta posts thread about Japan not functioning properly.

EDIT: Or was not functioning properly = functioning properly by Paradox standards ?

True, that must be why people playing the 5.2 beta posts thread about Japan not functioning properly.

Which post is it?

Personally, I don't think Japan is so buggy. At least we can solve the most problems with modding.

Which post is it?

Personally, I don't think Japan is so buggy. At least we can solve the most problems with modding.

DW should be made for the general EU3 enthusiast, not just the tech savvy modders. I'm in favor of an earlier poster's idea of converting Japan into another HRE.

DW should be made for the general EU3 enthusiast, not just the tech savvy modders. I'm in favor of an earlier poster's idea of converting Japan into another HRE.

Modders could give solutions for vanilla problems, and I am sure that Paradox would accept their suggestions.

For example: Unconquerable Japan
Solution 1: make an event to let Japan unify or vassalise other daimyos. It is more historical than simply disbanding Japan.
Solution 2: make an event to secede Japanese provinces to foreign attackers if they occupy them over certain years.
Both cases are doable with modding.

EDIT: Or was not functioning properly = functioning properly by Paradox standards ?

Which post is that in. I have conquered Japan as an outside force in 5.2 and nothing bugged on me, you don't get spammed by the disabling the shogunate thing anymore. You can conquer Japan just fine.

Playing as a Daimyo it is kind of boring to unite Japan as it is so easy, but that hasn't been bugged to my knowledge ever.

I'll second Nerga - the Shogunate can be disbanded without trouble now. Did it various times, with various nations.
What it needs is Shogun Influence declining faster - the Daimyos often end up locked because of a powerful Shogun that can't declare war on the others, because the restrictions apply to him, too.