• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

king hannibal

First Lieutenant
21 Badges
May 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Hey, I am new to paradox games and this forum (first post woot!), and when I got Rome Gold I was surprised to see their was no manual.

It says to download it off this sub forum, but I can't figure out how.

Thanks in advance.

Also, is a strategy guide the same as a manual?

Hi

both manual and strategy guide are in the FAQ sub-forum (at the top of the page). In theory the manual tells you the mechanics of how the game plays and the strategy guide gives you practical play ideas (in reality there is an overlap between the two). In truth, after several patches, the manual is only useful for orientation and as an indication as key mechanics have altered, but well worth a read to understand the main mechanics.

beyond that ask on the forum (you'll get good answers) or read some of the after action reports (again a link to the relevant forum is on this page), lots of good ideas and practical advice in there two. Read the unofficial guide to Republics - utterly key to understanding how to deal with the populist menace.

Thanks so much loki, i found it.