+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUB MOD]: AEIOU - Atlantis Est Imperio Optime Unita

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries

[SUB MOD]: AEIOU - Atlantis Est Imperio Optime Unita

Atlantis Est Imperio Optime Unita
    Atlantis is the Empire Best United

Hey, wanted to get this up here because I've run into a recent snag getting this mod up and running. I've been working on this for about a month/month and a half and the point is to create a neutral and interesting nation to host an interactive AAR. I wanted to show-case MEIOU but after a round of playing a round of Occultus Orbis Terrestre I decided I wanted to play as a divided Atlantis. So I've been working and like I said I've recently hit a snag and need some help from the community at large.

What is done:
    - New map, with 35 new provinces covering the lost continent and 5 sea provs
    - New government types, play as the Atlantean Merchants, Rebels, Empires or the remnants of the Atlantean Republic
    - New branch on the technology tree
    - New religions; most Atlantean cities contain followers of several Gods - can you lead your God to supremacy?
    - New cultures; Atlantis was once a continent united, 11,000 years have changed much - now Atlantis is divided into several bickering states.
    - Religious icons
    - Localization is up to date (3rd, June 2012)
    - Positions (map will not load in position editor)

What need to be done:
    - Decisions to unite the continent under the banner of a reunited Atlantis
    - Atlantean missions
    - Events aimed at Atlantis or Europeans who wish to travel there

What you can do to help:
    - Help me get it running, I can honestly take over from there
    - Help me program stuff or get me some icons.
    - Encourage me to keep going
    - Come up with event/decision ideas
    - Download the mod!
    - When I start it, sign up for the interactive AAR!

Credits:
    SirkTheMonkey - For debugging a killer error

Download AEIOU:
    AEIOU b.v0.1

AEIOU is now in beta. Download it and find bugs/issues. It isn't perfectly balanced but it is better than when it started. The mod has been upgraded to work with MEIOU 5.3.3. Certain provinces were lost to the AEIOU mod. Hope they weren't important.

Here is a bit of a teaser:

Atlantis divided at the 1356 start.

Starting soon I'll post DDs in my blog, stay tuned.
    Last edited by Mr. Capiatlist; 22-06-2012 at 15:56. Reason: Updated link/done list
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

This looks interesting. /follow

Your Latin-Fu is weak. Unless you do mean "A united atlantis is for power. Best!"

If I had to express it, I would say:
    Atlantis est imperium coniungendum "Atlantis is an empire that should/must be joined together."

That was a bit pedantic. Sorry.

EDIT
    Though I belatedly realize you're trying to preserve the acronym. Hm.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikenos View Post
    Your Latin-Fu is weak. Unless you do mean "A united atlantis is for power. Best!"

If I had to express it, I would say:
    Atlantis est imperium coniungendum "Atlantis is an empire that should/must be joined together."

That was a bit pedantic. Sorry.

EDIT
    Though I belatedly realize you're trying to preserve the acronym. Hm.
    Or I was using this.

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Well, I apologize. That is a truly bizarre construction, so I doubt that one was the one used. I also note that that interpretation is uncited by wikipedia. The German wikipedia (usually better) at least has imperium for imperio, which makes sense, if awkward sense (Best-united Austria is the empire). One problem is that unita (the feminine participle) is a largely unattested word. It may be noted that the discussion in German also questions whether that phrase is legit based on the grammar. (Though the gender-agreement quibble on the same page is largely groundless

So I conclude it still doesn't make sense. But it isn't your fault that it doesn't.

Blog Entries
    <___<

Anyway... I am going to download MEIOU v5.3.3 later tonight and try to adapt what I have done so far to that and hopefully not ruin everything in the process. Wish me luck.

Edit: Nvm, went to the zoo instead. I got to pet a peacock. Over this week, it shouldn't take too long to merge the files and start trying to get the localization to not screw up.
    Last edited by Mr. Capiatlist; 20-05-2012 at 23:07.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Following

and will try to help more... 'was a busy week-end...
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've been very busy too. Recently started working on this only to find that you've added several provinces which now overlap with my mod. So.... Not sure what to do, really. I basically have to go back, reedit the map and all the files that go with it, or use my map and edit all the history and common files that might refer to them. So far I've just over-written everything in 5.3.3 with my stuff so that... might work?

EDIT:
    Good news is I got it to load as far as the actual game... bad news is I am missing the country histories... and some localization stuff. Working on it. I promise.
    Last edited by Mr. Capiatlist; 03-06-2012 at 21:46.

500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Interesting. I'll certainly try it.

How many rovinces are you planning for the new continent? I'd suggest 30-50 for the faction wars. Perhaps Atlantis could get an alternative japanese shogunate system with a very rich leader nation on a small island.

Blog Entries
    EDIT: I found the cause of the issue and it has been dealt with. I get to keep my quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by VI Imre View Post
    Interesting. I'll certainly try it.

How many rovinces are you planning for the new continent? I'd suggest 30-50 for the faction wars. Perhaps Atlantis could get an alternative japanese shogunate system with a very rich leader nation on a small island.
    Atlantis occupies provinces 2660 to 2700, or 40; five of which are sea provs. Looks like great minds think alike, eh? Right now, I just want to get it functioning. I do like the idea of the shogunate thing, but can there be two at once?
    Last edited by Mr. Capiatlist; 03-06-2012 at 22:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    Atlantis occupies provinces 2660 to 2700, or 40; five of which are sea provs. Looks like great minds think alike, eh? Right now, I just want to get it functioning. I do like the idea of the shogunate thing, but can there be two at once?
    Yea .
    I don't know, I was thinking about the same thinking when I posted the previous time. If not then i belive the way to go is a united Japan and free the japanese minor tags thus not slowing the game even more with the new atlantean tags.

Or simply deleting Japan from the map :P in exchange for Atlantis.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VI Imre View Post
    Yea .
    I don't know, I was thinking about the same thinking when I posted the previous time. If not then i belive the way to go is a united Japan and free the japanese minor tags thus not slowing the game even more with the new atlantean tags.

Or simply deleting Japan from the map :P in exchange for Atlantis.
    I wouldn't want to ruin Japan, it is a lot of fun. Plus the Atlantis I set up is very divided. There is no "Shogun" so-to-speak that everyone should listen to. Each state has its own purpose and intent.

Blog Entries

AEIOU a v.0.4

I am pretty close to upgrading AEIOU from "alpha" to "beta". However; the unfinished positions more or less make the game unplayable as an Atlantean state. You can download AEIOU a.v0.4 from here or from the first post.

Blog Entries
    New issue. Sometimes when I start it get a mission that just has the following:

"default_mission_header_alt_rel
    ARA_title
    ARA_desc"

It has no way to be completed or anything.

Or I'll see that a neighboring country has Mission '}_title'.
    Last edited by Mr. Capiatlist; 05-06-2012 at 04:40.

This looks freaking great. I would love to help once i learn to understand the coding of this game. (Amatuer wana be modder am I). I would try to suggest having some fun with the cultures, make it somehow consistant with current history (lore friendly if you would). Perhaps Atlantis could have a mixed culture between ancient greek settlers and perhaps some celtic settlers as well which could explain the various gods. I like writing historical fiction so I could be some help with this if you would like lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSteel View Post
    This looks freaking great. I would love to help once i learn to understand the coding of this game. (Amatuer wana be modder am I). I would try to suggest having some fun with the cultures, make it somehow consistant with current history (lore friendly if you would). Perhaps Atlantis could have a mixed culture between ancient greek settlers and perhaps some celtic settlers as well which could explain the various gods. I like writing historical fiction so I could be some help with this if you would like lol.
    Cultures and stuff have already been dealt with for the simplicity of the AAR related to the mod.

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    New issue. Sometimes when I start it get a mission that just has the following:

"default_mission_header_alt_rel
    ARA_title
    ARA_desc"

It has no way to be completed or anything.

Or I'll see that a neighboring country has Mission '}_title'.
    This is usually due to an error of script in one of the mission files, like removing a nation tag, culture, religion,... from the mission script, after removing them from the game.

I'll check during the week-end.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

This is usually due to an error of script in one of the mission files, like removing a nation tag, culture, religion,... from the mission script, after removing them from the game.

I'll check during the week-end.
    I don't think I removed any countries, I did "remove" several provinces when I used my map instead of the 5.3.3 map (which had several more provinces on it).

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Well, basically, this mission bug happens when :

- there is a wrong bracket somewhere

- the mission checks for a specific nation/province/modifier/religion/culture/... that doesn't exist in game
    •

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight

After not having visited the EU3 forum for several weeks I return and see not one but two mods that add Atlantis.

I usualy end up making Atlantis mods for just about all the Paradox games, though some are more complete than others. Will definately check this out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast