+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.3.3-Specific Discussion thread

I noticed that all of my slave producing provinces eventually switch into some other good in months or a few years time no matter if I play some african tribe or European power. The event that pops up treats the province as if it were a colony. These goods are typically never worth as much as slaves and it sort of irritates me. How could I go about changing this?

I was thinking of maybe playing as an Italian nation and have the goal of converting Africa to christian. There isn't anything in the game that would stop me from doing that, is there?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMaster View Post
    I was thinking of maybe playing as an Italian nation and have the goal of converting Africa to christian. There isn't anything in the game that would stop me from doing that, is there?
    If you want to take the land for yourself, you're fine. If you want to make the countries there all Christian then you'll have to conquer the land then release them to make them Christian countries, either after you convert the land or leaving them to convert it to Christianity themselves.

I'll admit I've barely touched Africa in Meiou though. It's always been too large and useless for my liking, and the African Power achivement in DW left a bad taste in my mouth.

I was more worried about any events that automatically cause African countries to turn Muslim if I do leave them be after taking the territories. Or if I might be given trouble if I relocate my capital there and are a Christian nation.

In my last game, Fez was a major power, taking a great deal of islands from Castile, as well as several provinces in south France and southern Italy. Since I was Scandinavia, I was never really in a position to fight them. I thought I'd take on that force directly this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    If you want to take the land for yourself, you're fine. If you want to make the countries there all Christian then you'll have to conquer the land then release them to make them Christian countries, either after you convert the land or leaving them to convert it to Christianity themselves.

I'll admit I've barely touched Africa in Meiou though. It's always been too large and useless for my liking, and the African Power achivement in DW left a bad taste in my mouth.
    South Africa is pretty useful if you want to conquer Asia. Though I admit I never expand further into the continent.

gigau, could you make Africa more interesting? please (It's my birthday)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I think the requirements for Germany are too easy. I made it in 1410 with Brandenburg, and then quickly gave up because I had already made myself emperor and had limitless manpower effectively.

hi, I think I figured out why India turns sunni almost instantly....
    if you start up a game you will find those variables in all hindu provinces:
    variables=
    {
    hindu=13.000
    sunni=7.000
    zoroastrian=1.000
    }

but hindu is no religion the term should be hinduism so all hindu provinces start with zero hindus and as the state religions in the major countries on the subcontinent is sunni they all switch to sunni
    I don't know why it is that way but the effect is pretty much a extinction of hinduism right at the start of the game...

just a few other things I notice in my games

yorouk culture does not exist at the start of the game so half of anatolia is "noculture"

reformation seems to start pretty early mostly in the mid 14th century

I see a lot of countries blob especially in asia and africa(delhi ming fez mali mamluks) in one game ming went as far as the ural and probably would have went further if I
    wouldn't have stopped them
    in the mid late game there a usually three major powers in aisa mostly mahajhit some south east asian empire(pegu, dai nam....) and delhi or bahami and they usally are stable enough to last till 1800

the colonization issue of asian countries has already been discussed

denmark and sweden always join the hre entirely, which gives the early emperor a lot of authority and is also completely unhistorical, also countries like switzerland or the north italian countries never leave the empire

some suggestions:

make the asian countries a lot more isolationist and/or exempt them form early colonization ( as I did in my games)

countries that are released as vassals should have a lower rank than the overlord eg a king does not release another king as vassal....
    also they should have my state religion

a lot more things I have noticed and/or modded into my game but that's it for now hopefully some of the stuff is usefull

lukas

PS thanks for the amazing mod I really enjoy it

I have a little problem... Basically, the mod crashes for me after selecting a country and starting a game, during the "load graphics" phase. I believe I've encountered a similar problem some time ago, for MEIOU 5.0 or 5.1, but I can't remember what I did.

I'm running the latest 5.2b (June) patch. Any thoughts, anyone?

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This mod is far too heavy
    A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire Mod for Crusader Kings II
    Ultima ratio Regum - A military focused rebalance mod for EUIV
    Writing a book about history of war

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

somewhere near Dresden i doubt anyone has ever heard of it
    Quote Originally Posted by jusatinbn1 View Post
    I have a little problem... Basically, the mod crashes for me after selecting a country and starting a game, during the "load graphics" phase. I believe I've encountered a similar problem some time ago, for MEIOU 5.0 or 5.1, but I can't remember what I did.

I'm running the latest 5.2b (June) patch. Any thoughts, anyone?
    did you do the 4gb patch again after installing latest patch ?
    i know it's a standard question but you can never be sure
    if yes could you post the contents on the following files of the EUIII logs folder ?
    - system_error.log
    - error.log
    - games.log

they should help the more experienced people figure out what is wrong

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by tompalmer View Post
    This mod is far too heavy
    that is real constructive criticism ...
    besides a mod doesn't wheight anything so how can it be heavy :P

I applied the patch using the NTCore CFF Explorer, so it should be equivalent.

Here are the logs.

Logs.zip

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by jusatinbn1 View Post
    I applied the patch using the NTCore CFF Explorer, so it should be equivalent.

Here are the logs.
    Is the Mac stuff in the zip because you're playing on a Mac?

Have you disabled the SRI AI?

It seems disabling the SRI AI solved the problem. Which is quite disappointing, since I assume it enhances the game.

@SirkTheMonkey I am indeed playing on a Mac, using Wineskin.

The Smiling Knight Boris ze Spider's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The event with the province name as the title, that reads "The people of (province name) are ashamed of their betrayal" seems very vague to me. What is the point to this event?

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

It only occurs for cored provinces you have recently (re)conquered, right?
    I'm guessing it represents the gifts to the state that its people give for not having defected earlier or something.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

It happens on any province that you control that had been captured during a war and was going to / ready to defect to the other side. It seems a bit odd to me that it gives a flat amount of cash though.

(EDIT) The point of the event is mainly to clean up tags and flags from during the war.
    Last edited by SirkTheMonkey; 27-06-2012 at 08:13. Reason: Answered the original question.

Found a small bug with the "Rush of colonists" event. This event is from vanilla, and normally fires if you've got overseas provinces, giving either 3 colonists, or 1 colonist and a boost to overseas income. Since MEIOU features a very different way of getting colonists then vanilla, this can be used by a European nation to get colonists early by conquering a province in Africa for example.

The Smiling Knight Boris ze Spider's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    It happens on any province that you control that had been captured during a war and was going to / ready to defect to the other side. It seems a bit odd to me that it gives a flat amount of cash though.

(EDIT) The point of the event is mainly to clean up tags and flags from during the war.
    The strange thing is that it was a province I conquered without a core.

I suspect it's working properly because there's comments throughout the event showing that it's been updated for MEIOU. Unless the changes to the colonist system happened after the event was touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    The strange thing is that it was a province I conquered without a core.
    Did it have a surrender timer for you?
    Last edited by SirkTheMonkey; 27-06-2012 at 15:14. Reason: Boris ninja'd me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast