• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yqt1001

Sergeant
46 Badges
Dec 24, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
I started my latest Teutonic Order game with a few simple goals. Prussia > Germany > Dismantle HRE. Nothing too difficult, but my goal for this game is to become revolutionary Germany.

The wiki isn't an amazing resource for becoming a revolutionary republic and doesn't give much help. From what I gathered, I need to be in a pretty awful situation, one a player would never want to be in. It's currently 1440 so since it's still centuries away I figured I could take advice onto what I should do.

Currently:
- Full narrowminded
- Full serfdom
- Full aristocracy

Planning:
When I get to government tech 48, I'll immediately war of aggression against some random African minors. Send a bit of my army there and bathe in the attrition and WE. Eventually it should factor up to a revolution right?

A few questions:
Once I do get a revolution what are the best steps to follow to overthrow the monarchy and become a revolutionary republic?
Once I become a revolutionary republic what is the way to go back to a normal monarchy?
How do I bring my prestige down below zero?

What is the biggest benefit for having a revolution..besides having an epic screenshot of it?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
I think that if your capitol gets occupied for a long enough amount of time, you revert to a monarchy, and as far as benifits, it lets you eat pretty much all of Europe for half infamy, I think.

I've never done it myself, but that's what I've read.

Unclaimed cores (-0.3% per core) reduce prestige, lose a war and release a minor or two (sphere/guarantee them) of your cultural union (prevents core loss).
Avoid CoTs with Fur trading through them.
Get excommunicated if possible.
Decline CTAs (-20 per call)
Lose wars in general.

Cant think of any others off hand.

The wiki isn't an amazing resource for becoming a revolutionary republic and doesn't give much help.

I agree, most of the revolution-related material on it is messy and old, but at least all of the relevant events are there.

In case you couldn't find what you were looking for, Revolutionary countries is the main article on the topic, and all related events can be found in Category:Revolution

...and as far as benifits, it lets you eat pretty much all of Europe for half infamy, I think.

If you're referring to the Imperialism CB, you don't need to be Revolutionary to get it, it's tied to a number of government types.
If you're referring to the Revolution and Counter-Revolution CB, you don't need to be Revolutionary to get it, there's a National Idea for it.

Ok did a bit more research. Looked through the wiki a bit more and got confused so I went through the files and I think I have a plan.

Since revolutionary republic unlocks at tech 53 and I can't become one before that, I will aim for a revolution during government tech 53. To get the amazing revolution CB I will swap it in for whatever I took at tech 50 when that slot opens, to get rid of 3 stability. Follow my plan for getting a ton of WE by leaving my armies in landlocked African provinces. I'll try to conquer parts of France or somewhere in the years prior so I have an easy place to get the 10 RR modifier on the events.

A question though:
In the revolution event one of the modifiers is "factor = 0.85 centralization_decentralization = -4". Does this mean I can't be at -5 centralization to get it?

Thanks for the help so far!

In the revolution event one of the modifiers is "factor = 0.85 centralization_decentralization = -4". Does this mean I can't be at -5 centralization to get it?

No, that means that the event's mean time to happen will be 15% lower if your centralization is at least -4 :)

I've never seen a successful revolution (I've seen Bohemia given an event, but it killed all the rebel stacks). Is it actually that interesting and powerful? Even 100% increase in manpower at that time is prolly not that big of a boost since all the blobs would've had so much manpower that it'd never ever flatline.

I've never seen a successful revolution (I've seen Bohemia given an event, but it killed all the rebel stacks). Is it actually that interesting and powerful? Even 100% increase in manpower at that time is prolly not that big of a boost since all the blobs would've had so much manpower that it'd never ever flatline.

It can be fun because you'll probably get a few simultaneous war declarations from other European monarchies. How much of a challenge that is, will of course depend on how much you left them intact in the preceding centuries.

Also, keep in mind that most of the revolution stuff hasn't been touched by Paradox since Napoleons Ambition (2007!).

If you're referring to the Imperialism CB, you don't need to be Revolutionary to get it, it's tied to a number of government types.
If you're referring to the Revolution and Counter-Revolution CB, you don't need to be Revolutionary to get it, there's a National Idea for it.

Well, I meant that you get the idea, and then all of europe isn't revolutionary, so you can use it to gobble them up. But I could have explained that better.

Well, I meant that you get the idea, and then all of europe isn't revolutionary, so you can use it to gobble them up. But I could have explained that better.

I see, but that would work just as well as an ordinary republic, I think... wouldn't it?

I see, but that would work just as well as an ordinary republic, I think... wouldn't it?

Yes, it would. The CB IIRC is for republics against non-republics, or for monarchies/theocracies against republics. Doesn't really make a lot of sense when the French overthrow the Ancien Regime and suddenly Austria is smashing Switzerland because they're godless Blues when Switzerland has been a republic forever with no problems, but that's how they wrote it...

I've continued onto 1530 and I've come across a problem. How in the world do I lose prestige? Even as I expand my sphere like mad, it always jumps back to 99 within years.

Also I can't seem to be able to lose wars, and especially by the 1700s I will be unstoppable, how in the world will I be able to convince anyone to let me lose so that I can get rid of some prestige?

I tried to turn into revolutionary republic, but without any succes. I declared bunch of wars without casus belli + war taxes, so my WE rose to the value of 16/20, I reduced my prestige to -99, decreased stability to -3, centralisation (-5), aristocrasy (-5), serfdom/fs (0); absolute monarchy. I left the game to run freely without me for 8 years and well, except few offerts of white peace and massive amount of rebels, nothing happend. No revolution, none revolutionaries, just some zealots, particularists and colonial revolters. The event should have appearred, but propably I wasnt lucky enough. :(

I've continued onto 1530 and I've come across a problem. How in the world do I lose prestige? Even as I expand my sphere like mad, it always jumps back to 99 within years.

Also I can't seem to be able to lose wars, and especially by the 1700s I will be unstoppable, how in the world will I be able to convince anyone to let me lose so that I can get rid of some prestige?

Wardec all your neighbors and then disband your army. You'll lose a few then.