Iron Cross-Arma Explaining the new features & Screenshots

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

quintelosky

Ingeniero del HoI2
10 Badges
Oct 2, 2005
www.quintelosky.com
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Last edited:
I have noticed my own troops suffer from this and learned to do it myself. I've never saw that message pop up though. I've only seen "your troops suffer from lack of supplies" or something like that.

In any case.

In your example, the beach actually crosses the border line. So a fleet is only needed in the southern half? Is re-supply not possible with air transports if a Carrier Unit is envolved?

In a case of a multi border land mass, do you need to park a fleet in every beach and port area? or will a patroling fleet stop supplies?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the detailed discription.

1 -> Block a port​

In this first post, I will explain one of my favourite changes: Block a port

Is simple, and a very important tactic

port-1.png

First, select the target, in my case: Guam
port-2.png

Send your ships (you need 6)​

And wait...

Your enemy will can't send convoys, and their units will have supply problems​
port-3.png

We added a new message

port-4.png

Of course, you can have the same problem​

In the game, Options->Message settings->When a port sufers a Naval Blockade

Beach is not important, you need block the port seazone (a port only have one seazone). You can use air transports, of course.

Other thing
port-5.png

port-6.png

Remeber, you can block the port of origin or the destination port

Last edited:
2 -> HQ and reserve depot​

Other important change is the ability to create sumis/oil depot by HQ. When a Hq have supply problems, will create a oil/sumis depot in the province. The HQ only can create one depot, but you can 'reset' the HQ sending the unit to your capital, wait one day, and again your HQ can create a depot.

hqsum-1.png

hqsum-2.png

Good luck

Last edited:
3 -> Port size limits supply capacity​

This is an interesting option. Now, the port size will limit the supply capacity. Little ports only can store 50 supplies, and the big ports = 100 x portsize^2 (naval base 1 -> 100, naval base 2 -> 400,...)

portsize-1.png

portsize-2.png

Remember, if you destroy the enemy port, 100x0^2 = 0 supplies

Good luck

Last edited:
4 -> HQ system​

Hi

The HQ system in simply, but give important bonus. The Capital HQ must be placed on the capital of your nation and be kept there. The Region HQ can be placed in any region where you have troops to receive the bonuses, and the original HQ give the bonus in the area.

Org bonus -> +10%
Moral bonus -> +10%
Supply consumption -> -0.15
Fuel consumption -> -0.15

kmll.jpg

yhn90.jpg

AR.jpg

Good luck

Last edited:
5 -> Strategic redeployment​

A new option in Arma-Iron Cross is the posibility to deactivate the strategic redeployment of units in the front (a multiplayer suggestion)

strmov-1.png

strmov-2.png

Good luck

Last edited:
6 -> Radar​

Now, all adjacent provinces have radar bonus

radar-1.png

radar-2.png

Good luck

Last edited:
7 -> Allied convoys​

Hi

More, you can send convoys to allied provinces

allconv-1.png

allconv-2.png

Good luck

Last edited:
8 -> Besieged capital​

Other unknown feature is when your capital is besieged. If you have >1000 supplies (or oil), the game will create a depot in other province (based in the ic, manpower and infra values)

I try to explain with images.

siege-1.png

Your capital

siege-2.png

New depot (10% of total supplies/oil)

siege-3.png

Units ok​

When the new depot don't have supplies/oil, the game will send more supplies/oil.

Good luck

Last edited:
9 -> New depots​

Hi

Iron Cross add an important change with the new depots.

unloadsum-1.png

unloadsum-2.png

unloadsum-3.png

So far, so normal. But, now I embark the unit and I move/rebase/amph.assault to Andros (is the same for all missions)

unloadsum-4.png

unloadsum-5.png

unloadsum-6.png

What happens? Why my units don't have supplies?
Simple, the unit take the supplies from the origin province (St Jonh's) and not from London. If the origin province don't have the necessary supplies, your units will not create a depot. Remember that in your amph. assaults

Good luck

Last edited:
What happens? Why my units don't have supplies?
Simple, the unit take the supplies from the origin province (St Jonh's) and not from London. If the origin province don't have the necessary supplies, your units will not create a depot. Remember that in your amph. assaults

Good luck

What determines how many supplies/oil/etc are taken with a unit when it embarks from the UK to St Johns, then to Andros?

What determines how many supplies/oil/etc are taken with a unit when it embarks from the UK to St Johns, then to Andros?

Supply/Oil consumption x 30 (30 days)

Yeah hello.

Im playing Arma 1.02 + Iron Cross 1.02 but I dont see the headquarter feature anywhere. nor can i see the intelligence tab cause it says its disabled for this scenario. This secenario being 1933 and 1936...

You can active the intelligence panel in the ironcross_setup

Hq system works in 1.02, if you want, you can install 1.03beta