+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - 1.05g PATCH RELEASED - Checksum GUHH - NOT for problem reports!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    I still see only the 1.05e patch on the GG website. No 1.05f patch.
    Weird. Well mine updated already this afternoon when I logged in the first time (this meaning friday afternoon).
    For, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

- Can no longer ask to join a war against a liege above your liege

Does this mean if I am a Count under a Duke and that Duke declares on the King, I can no longer join the King instead of my direct liege? Does this make sense?

Suggestion: In that circumstance the Count could still ask the King to join him because the King is the Defender. In this case the Count would also gain independence from the Duke and become the King's direct vassal if the King wins the war. However, if the Duke wins, the Count should go back to prior status and also be marked as a traitor. Does that sound more logical?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    - Changed the speed settings so they are all faster, except for max speed (level 2 is now level 1, etc)
    at the beginning of a game, for a little country, and in some circumstances for other cases, level 1 was indeed too slow. But we had the choice to go to level 2. Now at the stage of my current game for example, "level 2" is too fast. I am forced to make a pause every week, very annoying. And since I used level 1 ~75% of the time, the duration of my game will be reduced.

So even if the mod isn't removed, is it possible to change a settings file to come back to the old system ?

Quote Originally Posted by ajluvsu View Post
    Well I was just curious about the tournament issue since in my last game (1.05e) I held a tournament many years prior, and even won the tournament only for my king to suddenly 'die' in the tournament. Ex post facto fun, eh. lol
    I too have had this problem. It happened a couple of different times actually. My heir would come to the throne, he'd have a tournament, it would end and he survived. And then fifty years late I'd get a surprising message that my King had just been killed in the tournament. From thirty years earlier.

Otherwise, though, thanks for the patch guys! Its pretty awesome that you all continue to put so much effort into the game even after you released it. Other companies could definitely learn from your example!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    good patch! im going to mess around with invasions.

any large bugs discovered yet?

was waiting for this one to restart the game.

just wanted to say that on steam every patch puts the installscript.vdf back in the game folder and it has to be manually deleted again. it's not a very big deal but it is somewhat annoying, could you talk with steam to make sure that this (small) issue is fixed with the next patch at least?

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Rex303 View Post
    just wanted to say that on steam every patch puts the installscript.vdf back in the game folder and it has to be manually deleted again. it's not a very big deal but it is somewhat annoying, could you talk with steam to make sure that this (small) issue is fixed with the next patch at least?
    A few of my games have this file -- I didn't know it had to be deleted. What happens if you leave it?

Also, were some of these bugs fixed thanks to the validator? Did you fix all bugs it found?
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Quote Originally Posted by Barko View Post
    at the beginning of a game, for a little country, and in some circumstances for other cases, level 1 was indeed too slow. But we had the choice to go to level 2. Now at the stage of my current game for example, "level 2" is too fast. I am forced to make a pause every week, very annoying. And since I used level 1 ~75% of the time, the duration of my game will be reduced.

So even if the mod isn't removed, is it possible to change a settings file to come back to the old system ?
    Agree with Barko. It's going way too fast for a large kingdom like France !! There is really nothing we can do to come back to the old system ? I play with Steam and I can't play with an older patch...

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Gantolandon View Post
    I think it might be this one. It seems closely enough to what has been reported in the Bugs subforum, so perhaps there still is hope.
    I don't see how the succession law bug has anything to do with de jure assimilation. That being said, there's always hope...

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaA View Post
    Unless there's a crash at certain date bug that I'm unaware of, this should now be fixed.

there's been a number of fixes to tournament events, and the whole sequence should now be a lot more robust. Haven't had any trouble with them for a while.
    So, any news on the succession law bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Axilx View Post
    Agree with Barko. It's going way too fast for a large kingdom like France !! There is really nothing we can do to come back to the old system ? I play with Steam and I can't play with an older patch...
    I wonder if enough of us complain about the speed changes, will they change it back?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by trias10 View Post
    I wonder if enough of us complain about the speed changes, will they change it back?
    +1

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by trias10 View Post
    +1

By the way, I can't see any difference between speed 4 and 5 now. They seems the same.

Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

My CPU/fan usually goes into meltdown on top speed but I've not tried the new patch yet.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

I don't really understand the Paradox policy with patches and hotfixes. Every time they make a change, they don't only fix bugs, they introduce something which either annoys people or introduces something new that causes errors. I like the fact that they actively support the community and update the game but the patch release does not seem well controlled in my opinion. Why make this change to the game speed? Were people asking for it? It just annoys some people.

For the record, I am on 1.05c as I found it quite stable. I keep waiting for a patch which is almost universally accepted as a good one and fixes bugs. Still waiting.

(I do love the game though... before I get flamed, I just wish Paradox would take a bit more time with their patch releases.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbins71 View Post
    I don't really understand the Paradox policy with patches and hotfixes. Every time they make a change, they don't only fix bugs, they introduce something which either annoys people or introduces something new that causes errors. I like the fact that they actively support the community and update the game but the patch release does not seem well controlled in my opinion. Why make this change to the game speed? Were people asking for it? It just annoys some people.

For the record, I am on 1.05c as I found it quite stable. I keep waiting for a patch which is almost universally accepted as a good one and fixes bugs. Still waiting.

(I do love the game though... before I get flamed, I just wish Paradox would take a bit more time with their patch releases.)
    Amen. I am also still on 1.05c, which plays well enough for me to be happy.

I very much was hoping for 1.05f to be the Messiah of patches which resolves all outstanding issues, and was absolutely crestfallen to learn that they messed with the speed completely and utterly unnecessarily. I don't think there was a single request by the community for this change. And the reasoning is absolutely enraging: why do away with Speed 1 when there was Speeds 2-5 to keep all players happy?

Could PI please explain the reasoning for this speed change to me, because I'm completely unsure why they did it. If it was necessary to effect some other fix, like rewriting the events engine, then fine, I'll swallow my rage and move on. But so far it seems a rather unnecessary modification, and even worse, in a hotfix patch. A hotfix should only fix bugs, not introduce new features.

We should be thankful for all new patches and hotfixes, but I certainly agree with you that some of them seem to bring as many problems as fixes. I also dislike the fact that only a fraction of the bugs and database errors reported in the bug forum have actually been addressed -- and I'm talking about those which have been acknowledged by a developer and reported on their internal support forum (which we can't view).

Quote Originally Posted by BalroG_ View Post
    +1

By the way, I can't see any difference between speed 4 and 5 now. They seems the same.
    Speed 5 is simply unlimited. If you don't see any difference between 4 and 5, it simply means your computer can't handle any higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbins71 View Post
    Why make this change to the game speed? Were people asking for it? It just annoys some people.
    I at least have long wanted a middle-ground between 4 and 5, which the change does provide. The problem ofc is that they eliminated speed 1 completely.
    Last edited by Meneth; 19-05-2012 at 14:22.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Thanks for the patch.

Really not happy about the new minimum speed here either though and seriously considering going back to 1.05e because of it.

Was there a reason why 2 to 4 couldn't have just been spread out a bit?

Back from moderation hell midget_roxx's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Is the crashing on a certain date fixed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast