Crusader Kings II - 1.05g PATCH RELEASED - Checksum GUHH - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The only possible reason I can see for wanting to keep the old lowest speed around is to provide an option for handicapped players. I can't imagine any able-bodied player not being able to react to anything with plenty of time to spare on the new lowest speed. But you know, it's nice to be able to give handicapped players options, you know? Maybe provide a .ini file so that players can go in and fiddle with the speeds themselves if they want?

Sometimes it's pleasant to take time to do something well... You know what I mean? :happy:
If for you, taking your time and enjoy it equals being handicapped, I feel sorry for you...

Dear Paradox, seeing as the specific date freeze/CTD bug is now confirm-able and reproducible in 1.05f, if there is a hotfix to fix it, could you please revert the speed changes or export them to defines so that those who want can go back to pre-f speeds?

Hi. Oddly, I don't see it on GamersGate...? If I bought the PC version on GG how do I get the patch (or the OS X version!)
See the sticky thread in Tech Support.

According to Paradox sales (in reply to my email) the Mac version will be released on Gamer's Gate & Steam "this Thursday, May 24th"

It'll be interesting to see whether the Mac client will be made available, at no cost, to those that currently own the game. As this is the precedent that has been historically set for SteamPlay titles, I remember when Firaxis was embroiled in a debate concerning its Mac version of Civilization V. I, for one, love what Paradox does, but I don't love it enough to buy the same game twice -- and at full cost.

It'll be interesting to see whether the Mac client will be made available, at no cost, to those that currently own the game. As this is the precedent that has been historically set for SteamPlay titles, I remember when Firaxis was embroiled in a debate concerning its Mac version of Civilization V. I, for one, love what Paradox does, but I don't love it enough to buy the same game twice -- and at full cost.
The email from Paradox sales I referenced earlier says "All past and future users will get both the MAC and PC version through either GamersGate or Steam."
:)

That is entirely the decision of the distributor, nothing to do with Paradox. As noted Steam always do this anyway, and I believe GG have in this instance (only) agreed to do that too. to be 100% sure you should contact your intended distributor to ascertain their policy in this area.

Yes Im handicaped man and i have 1.05e game. Now im going to backup some files, then patch the game 1.05f and then substitute new files by old ones. I need Paradox team advise what exact file(s) i need backup/substitute to have again that good old slow speed. Please.

Yes Im handicaped man and i have 1.05e game. Now im going to backup some files, then patch the game 1.05f and then substitute new files by old ones. I need Paradox team advise what exact file(s) i need backup/substitute to have again that good old slow speed. Please.
You can't -- the changes will be in the .exe

Not sure I'm a fan of this. I was just fine with the old speeds. Is there a way to alter these via the text files or defines.lua? I would prefer to keep the old speeds.

Also, to second Habraka's point: is the succession bug unfixed?

I second this request since I always play on the SLOWEST speed and the SLOWEST speed was just fine for me. Why does EVERY setting have to be changed??

I second this request since I always play on the SLOWEST speed and the SLOWEST speed was just fine for me. Why does EVERY setting have to be changed??

I also asked myself why they changed something which was never a big deal. Since the devs do not give any statement why they changed it, I think they won't change it back and we will have to get used to it and rape the space-bar to get the game paused and unpaused.

I also asked myself why they changed something which was never a big deal. Since the devs do not give any statement why they changed it, I think they won't change it back and we will have to get used to it and rape the space-bar to get the game paused and unpaused.

Honestly, this whole thing could so easily be fixed if the devs just exported the game speeds to defines. Other time compression games (notably Silent Hunter 3) do this, and it's super easy to mod the game speeds to be exactly as fast as you want.