Crusader Kings II - 1.05g PATCH RELEASED - Checksum GUHH - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still see only the 1.05e patch on the GG website. No 1.05f patch.

Weird. Well mine updated already this afternoon when I logged in the first time (this meaning friday afternoon).

- Can no longer ask to join a war against a liege above your liege

Does this mean if I am a Count under a Duke and that Duke declares on the King, I can no longer join the King instead of my direct liege? Does this make sense?

Suggestion: In that circumstance the Count could still ask the King to join him because the King is the Defender. In this case the Count would also gain independence from the Duke and become the King's direct vassal if the King wins the war. However, if the Duke wins, the Count should go back to prior status and also be marked as a traitor. Does that sound more logical?

- Changed the speed settings so they are all faster, except for max speed (level 2 is now level 1, etc)
:huh: at the beginning of a game, for a little country, and in some circumstances for other cases, level 1 was indeed too slow. But we had the choice to go to level 2. Now at the stage of my current game for example, "level 2" is too fast. I am forced to make a pause every week, very annoying. And since I used level 1 ~75% of the time, the duration of my game will be reduced.

So even if the mod isn't removed, is it possible to change a settings file to come back to the old system ?

Well I was just curious about the tournament issue since in my last game (1.05e) I held a tournament many years prior, and even won the tournament only for my king to suddenly 'die' in the tournament. Ex post facto fun, eh. lol
I too have had this problem. It happened a couple of different times actually. My heir would come to the throne, he'd have a tournament, it would end and he survived. And then fifty years late I'd get a surprising message that my King had just been killed in the tournament. From thirty years earlier.

Otherwise, though, thanks for the patch guys! Its pretty awesome that you all continue to put so much effort into the game even after you released it. Other companies could definitely learn from your example!

was waiting for this one to restart the game.

just wanted to say that on steam every patch puts the installscript.vdf back in the game folder and it has to be manually deleted again. it's not a very big deal but it is somewhat annoying, could you talk with steam to make sure that this (small) issue is fixed with the next patch at least?

just wanted to say that on steam every patch puts the installscript.vdf back in the game folder and it has to be manually deleted again. it's not a very big deal but it is somewhat annoying, could you talk with steam to make sure that this (small) issue is fixed with the next patch at least?
A few of my games have this file -- I didn't know it had to be deleted. What happens if you leave it?

Also, were some of these bugs fixed thanks to the validator? Did you fix all bugs it found?

:huh: at the beginning of a game, for a little country, and in some circumstances for other cases, level 1 was indeed too slow. But we had the choice to go to level 2. Now at the stage of my current game for example, "level 2" is too fast. I am forced to make a pause every week, very annoying. And since I used level 1 ~75% of the time, the duration of my game will be reduced.

So even if the mod isn't removed, is it possible to change a settings file to come back to the old system ?

Agree with Barko. It's going way too fast for a large kingdom like France !! There is really nothing we can do to come back to the old system ? I play with Steam and I can't play with an older patch...

I think it might be this one. It seems closely enough to what has been reported in the Bugs subforum, so perhaps there still is hope.

I don't see how the succession law bug has anything to do with de jure assimilation. That being said, there's always hope...

Unless there's a crash at certain date bug that I'm unaware of, this should now be fixed.

there's been a number of fixes to tournament events, and the whole sequence should now be a lot more robust. Haven't had any trouble with them for a while.

So, any news on the succession law bug?

Agree with Barko. It's going way too fast for a large kingdom like France !! There is really nothing we can do to come back to the old system ? I play with Steam and I can't play with an older patch...

I wonder if enough of us complain about the speed changes, will they change it back?

I don't really understand the Paradox policy with patches and hotfixes. Every time they make a change, they don't only fix bugs, they introduce something which either annoys people or introduces something new that causes errors. I like the fact that they actively support the community and update the game but the patch release does not seem well controlled in my opinion. Why make this change to the game speed? Were people asking for it? It just annoys some people.

For the record, I am on 1.05c as I found it quite stable. I keep waiting for a patch which is almost universally accepted as a good one and fixes bugs. Still waiting.

(I do love the game though... before I get flamed, I just wish Paradox would take a bit more time with their patch releases.)

I don't really understand the Paradox policy with patches and hotfixes. Every time they make a change, they don't only fix bugs, they introduce something which either annoys people or introduces something new that causes errors. I like the fact that they actively support the community and update the game but the patch release does not seem well controlled in my opinion. Why make this change to the game speed? Were people asking for it? It just annoys some people.

For the record, I am on 1.05c as I found it quite stable. I keep waiting for a patch which is almost universally accepted as a good one and fixes bugs. Still waiting.

(I do love the game though... before I get flamed, I just wish Paradox would take a bit more time with their patch releases.)

Amen. I am also still on 1.05c, which plays well enough for me to be happy.

I very much was hoping for 1.05f to be the Messiah of patches which resolves all outstanding issues, and was absolutely crestfallen to learn that they messed with the speed completely and utterly unnecessarily. I don't think there was a single request by the community for this change. And the reasoning is absolutely enraging: why do away with Speed 1 when there was Speeds 2-5 to keep all players happy?

Could PI please explain the reasoning for this speed change to me, because I'm completely unsure why they did it. If it was necessary to effect some other fix, like rewriting the events engine, then fine, I'll swallow my rage and move on. But so far it seems a rather unnecessary modification, and even worse, in a hotfix patch. A hotfix should only fix bugs, not introduce new features.

We should be thankful for all new patches and hotfixes, but I certainly agree with you that some of them seem to bring as many problems as fixes. I also dislike the fact that only a fraction of the bugs and database errors reported in the bug forum have actually been addressed -- and I'm talking about those which have been acknowledged by a developer and reported on their internal support forum (which we can't view). :(

+1

By the way, I can't see any difference between speed 4 and 5 now. They seems the same.
Speed 5 is simply unlimited. If you don't see any difference between 4 and 5, it simply means your computer can't handle any higher.

Why make this change to the game speed? Were people asking for it? It just annoys some people.
I at least have long wanted a middle-ground between 4 and 5, which the change does provide. The problem ofc is that they eliminated speed 1 completely.

Last edited:
Thanks for the patch.

Really not happy about the new minimum speed here either though and seriously considering going back to 1.05e because of it.

Was there a reason why 2 to 4 couldn't have just been spread out a bit?