• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm a bit stunned to hear that people have success as Italy beating Germany. Holding out against Germany I can understand, though it should be quite challenging to do. But defeating Germany without help from the Allies?

I have been able to do it, but I have never tried it w/o help from either the allies or the USSR.

I'm a bit stunned to hear that people have success as Italy beating Germany. Holding out against Germany I can understand, though it should be quite challenging to do. But defeating Germany without help from the Allies?

Since you can have war laws from 1936 start the possibility to build up Italy is very good. You can beat Germany in 1940 (perhaps earlier even if I never have tried personally) or skip Germany and take Soviet Union in 1941 after beating Germany to France and UK. All this without joining either Axis or Allies.

Not trying to brag here, but I've got to say, I'm having a pretty great game as Italy right now.

1337459230-HoI3_MAP_ITA_1945.6.4.18_1.jpg