• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zorro

Field Marshal
92 Badges
Mar 15, 2003
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Majesty 2
Just downloaded the other day and so far I'm enjoying the game. I have two questions so far. What do you like for temples? I only have tried one to Dauros because paladins were about unkillable in Majesty, though they still seem tough in MoA but they are slow.

2nd question; are cities with a lot of sea zones a waste? My first game my capital is on a peninsula and I have a lot of sea and not a lot of space to build. I haven't noticed but it doesn't appear to be beneficial. (Not talking the coastline where you can build a harbor but the actual sea that falls in your city limits.)

Your correct coastal cities in this game are not as useful at the moment since there is a lack of see resources. For temples lots of people recommend Lunord or Fervus as the strongest. Or Krypta if your Undead.

Every level a city gets allows you to build an additional structure, unless there's no free hex to build on. If you have a city by a lot of water there's a good chance you'll miss out on creating buildings because there's no where to place them. This is also true for things like mountains and volcanoes. The way the game currently works, if you start out with your capital already on the coast it's probably best to restart immediately.

Ok I was afraid of that.

Another question, are resources shared? If I have a silver mine with a smithy (or whatever its called that makes weapons better) in a city and build a unit in another city will it get the benefits?

Only units in the city with the resource get the perk automatically, however you can give the perk to any unit for a set amount of gold. There's a little golden arrow on the left side of a unit's picture when it has perks available to it, clicking on that will show you the list.

Keep in mind that not all perks work for all units. If you have a perk for casters, creating a fighter in that city won't give them the perk, nor will you have the option to pay to put it on them.

Only units in the city with the resource get the perk automatically, however you can give the perk to any unit for a set amount of gold. There's a little golden arrow on the left side of a unit's picture when it has perks available to it, clicking on that will show you the list.

Keep in mind that not all perks work for all units. If you have a perk for casters, creating a fighter in that city won't give them the perk, nor will you have the option to pay to put it on them.

Ok that is great about purchasing upgrades. I didn't know you could do that.