+ Reply to Thread

Thread: transferring claims

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries

transferring claims

if i invite courtier X with claim Y to my realm, whaty do i ahve to do to get his/her claim transferred to me/my heir?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The claim has to be inheritable (so in the current vanilla patch, either a man or a woman who held the title herself and lost it).

You need to marry them to a dynasty member, and have the children be of your dynasty (so matrilineal if they are a man).

They need to have children and die.

You need to play one of their children.

Easiest way with no female inheritable claims, is to play Elective law and play as women. Marry one man with a decent inheritable claim each generation, and nominate your best daughter to succeed you. Once you get that going you can take a kingdom each generation if you feel like it.

Edit: doing this does mean you need to put additional kingdoms under Elective law too. I found that quite fun with 5 or so, I imagine it might get frustrating with more though (each king title has a separate election).

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    wasnt it so that if the claim was pressed but the war ended in white peace it became inheritable? im trying to get my heir a claim on the duchy i fully own so i can usurp it, and the holder hasnt lost a war yet.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As I understand, yes, if declare war for her claim (you can't on agantic titles I think), then as soon as you declare war the claim will become inheritable. Surrendering will remove the claim outright, but a white peace will leave an inheritable claim.

Blog Entries
    ok, so i can marry a female claimant on duchy X, press her claim, and our children(or only the primary hier) will inherit it. is there a way to "move" the claim to your current ruler through assasinations like you can do with title holders(harry female title holder, produce child, kill wife n child, you now have that title)?

Quote Originally Posted by grumphie View Post
    ok, so i can marry a female claimant on duchy X, press her claim, and our children(or only the primary hier) will inherit it. is there a way to "move" the claim to your current ruler through assasinations like you can do with title holders(harry female title holder, produce child, kill wife n child, you now have that title)?
    As far as I know claims are only passed to children. If a claimholder dies heirless, the claim dies with them.

Blog Entries
    thinking of it, i could ofc:

get a claim within my dynasty, but that peron has NO heir.
    its a "close" dynasty memeber(i.e. 3rd son or grandson)
    i press the claim he/she becomes duke of X
    i kill them, lands fall to me/another close memeber i need to kill

+ Reply to Thread