+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cassus Belli

Cassus Belli

Is there any cassus belly that gives you just cash and prestige?

I am not 100% but isn't CB "protect the religion" or something like that giving prestige and money from pillaging? maybe even some bonus with the Pope?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You can get cash from any war by sieging holdings (once you take the holding, you gain an amount of gold that depends on the holding type and level). If you use only your vassalsī levies, you can get that cash without any expenses.

If you want to gain prestige without gaining any new title, there are some options:
    - Excommunicated ruler CB makes said ruler give up his/her title to the designated heir, as well as gives you pretige and piety.
    - You can join any war and participate as much as you can. If your side wins, the prestige is distributed among the allies taking their contribution into account.
    - You can use a "Claim x title" CB for one of your courtiers that isnīt part of your dinasty. The corresponding title will go to your courtier and you will get prestige for winning the war.

i knew that there was a CB,in wich if you defeated and pagan ,you will gain a huge ammount of money from the opponent if you beat him + some prestige but witouth holdings

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Gedierond View Post
    - You can use a "Claim x title" CB for one of your courtiers that isnīt part of your dinasty. The corresponding title will go to your courtier and you will get prestige for winning the war.
    This is probably the best way if you are desperate for prestige. Invite a claimant and press his claim. He generally won't be your vassal afterwards under the current rules, but you will get a nice dollop of prestige (100 I think).

I don't believe there are any times when you get cash as an attacker. You frequently get it for winning a defensive war though.

+ Reply to Thread