+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long before this country crashes and burns?

How long before this country crashes and burns?

Out of curiousity I peeked at Castille, an AI in my current game. How long can they continue in this way?

Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory - Sun Tzu

By the looks of it they are already beyond saving. How are they doing in the game?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    They just need to scrap some of their army and reduce colonial maintenance. If they don't, they'll go bankrupt in a decade or so, depending on how much cash they currently have in the treasury. If they do go bankrupt, everyone will want a piece of them and they'll probably crumble. At least they will lose the bloated army/navy that way.

Edit: It also depends on the difficulty, as this doesn't show you the AI bonuses they would get on higher difficulties. They might have a larger income and higher inflation reduction when you are not playing them.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

England in my game currently has an escalating inflation at 60% in 1675. They're falling behind in tech but otherwise they seem ok. They haven't gone bankrupt as far as I can see. So based on that, I'd say your Castille probably has a way to go still . Seriously though, is 60% inflation normal for the AI?
    How to Disinherit Your Children: A List
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hildren-A-List

Private
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

I see nations around 30% all the time and I normally get bored with a game mid-way through the 17th Century, so I imagine that they have to climb even higher as there's more building to do. Pretty scary concept of financial management.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurblius View Post
    England in my game currently has an escalating inflation at 60% in 1675. They're falling behind in tech but otherwise they seem ok. They haven't gone bankrupt as far as I can see.
    Yeah but this Castille minting fully and still losing money!

Seriously though, is 60% inflation normal for the AI?
    Unfortunately, yes.

If they stop trying to colonize when they can't afford it they might have a chance.

So no, they don't.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

I stopped playing with inflation after the 3rd game or so, since it completely kills the A.I. The game's more challenging with that feature turned off (just try to hire a Master of Mint and stay beneath inflation limit to give a bit more challenge to yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    I stopped playing with inflation after the 3rd game or so, since it completely kills the A.I. The game's more challenging with that feature turned off (just try to hire a Master of Mint and stay beneath inflation limit to give a bit more challenge to yourself).
    I gave the AI a fairly large triggered modifier to negate most of its inflation. Highest I've seen it since adding that modifier is 8% during Russia's march through the Steppes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkano View Post
    I gave the AI a fairly large triggered modifier to negate most of its inflation. Highest I've seen it since adding that modifier is 8% during Russia's march through the Steppes.
    Can you share what exactly have you done? I am interested in having such a feature but I have almost no modding skill.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave." Constantin Brancusi

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by mastervlad View Post
    Can you share what exactly have you done? I am interested in having such a feature but I have almost no modding skill.
    Just play without inflation and minimize your minting.

+ Reply to Thread