Welcome to the City of Lights in the latest expansion for Cities in Motion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
NEW YORK – May 15th, 2012 – Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order Ltd have today released a brand new addition to their acclaimed mass public transportation simulator Cities in Motion with Cities in Motion: Paris, available from all major digital download portals for PC with a recommended retail price of $4.99/€4.99/£3.49.

Featuring a new campaign with three scenarios, four new vehicles available to use in any city, Cities in Motion: Paris offers the ultimate urban-planning challenge. Create waterbus routes on the picturesque River Seine, use the narrow streets to offer versatile routes for buses and trams and plan your schedules on the world renowned underground Metro system.

With its iconic landmarks, old European architecture and bustling population of over 12 million people, can you deliver the vast and efficient transportation network capable of serving one of Europe’s largest urban environments?

To coincide with today’s release, a game play trailer for Cities in Motion: Paris has been released and can be viewed at:
[video=youtube;Q3KZm9tKicQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3KZm9tKicQ[/video]

About Cities in Motion

Develop and operate your own public transport company building a travel network across Vienna, Berlin, Helsinki and Amsterdam using more than 30 different modes of transport including buses, trams, subway trains and water buses. As each city develops and grow you must continue to meet the ever changing transport needs of its commuters, while at the same time ensuring it remains as profitable as possible.

Featuring an in-depth campaign mode made up of 12 scenarios along with an open ended sandbox mode, an advanced map editor that allows you to create your own cities, plus much more, Cities in Motion will challenge you to create the perfect public transport system that has no cancellations, no delays and where the passengers are always happy!

Screenshots

CitiesInMotionParis26.3.12_img4.pngCitiesInMotionParis26.3.12_img8.pngCitiesInMotionParis26.3.12_img21.pngCitiesInMotionParis26.3.12_img22.pngCitiesInMotionParis26.3.12_img23.png

More about this game
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/citiesinmotion
Twitter -- http://www.twitter.com/citiesinmotion
Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/
Webpage: http://www.citiesinmotion.co

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order teams for their dedication and hard work on the Paris DLC map and vehicles. Once again you guys have produced an excellent map which is full of unique challenges and is a really enjoyable map to play.

The details on the buildings are great too and the fact you researched the street names and put them all in place the way you did really does help when planning out the tram and bus services plus it makes things a lot easier when running metro too.

So I have to say well done and congratulations on your latest instalment to the Cities in motion Series of maps and DLC's. You all deserve the full 10 out of 10 on this one.

Plus the download from Gamersgate was as fast as ever so I was able to play the DLC within minutes of the download finishing so that is another big plus point. :)

I'm very much looking forward to your next DLC the London map when that is released in the future too.

Keep up the good work guys and thanks again four such an enjoyable game.

@Barkydog
Thanks for the feedback. It certainly was interesting to make the Paris map. Personally I think we got the feel of the city quite nicely with the new buildings and landmarks (I did the Eiffel Tower ;) ). Also it was important to us to get the street names correctly on the map. I can say as a non-French speaker that some of the street names presented a challenge to avoid typos since they can be quite complex in nature (compared to English street names in English-speaking countries). But it was exciting and I am very happy that our hard work can be seen in the map!

Fun trivia: After so many hours investigating maps to DLCs I personally feel as if I knew some of the cities even if I haven't actually visited them. :)

Fun trivia: After so many hours investigating maps to DLCs I personally feel as if I knew some of the cities even if I haven't actually visited them. :)

Well, next time when you're on vacation, go to one of those cities and try to find stuff without the use of a map. And then tell us about your experience, of course! :D

Why isn't the Paris DLC available from Amazon, like all the others? I bought my game and all DLCs from Amazon and I don't believe the other sources are available to me.

Is this just a matter of waiting while the distribution channel is built up?

I think you can buy DLC at gamersgate.com
I think it will be compatible with the Amazon version of the game, but this is not confirmed.

Just wanted to say it was a very pleasant surprise to see Paris so quickly (I wasn't expecting to see it before London) and it looks great! Amazing work, this is how DLCs should be about!

It's still not available on Amazon. Anybody looking into this?

so now we have france into the map builder I have a few suggestions for mapbuilders:).
Rennes(smallest city with a metro system in.. Europe or the world?)
marseille(dont think that needs explainaition)
monaco.

The video suggests to build waterbus lines on the river. That's kind of a joke, right? Basically it is impossible to put the piers anywhere on the river bank...Even in the video it looks fairly funny that the way down to the pier goes through a block of concrete...
Otherwise the map is really great and fun, but this is a bit annoying...

50% off on Steam now but if Steam feature the Cities in Motion franchise for one of the days of the sale the price could then be up to 75% off. I'll buy it on sunday for 50% off if it hasn't been cheaper by that point.

It's the same price on gamersgate too.

CIM crashes when playing in Paris on Mac (Steam-Version)

Hey, I got the Paris map from Steam and it seems there is a bug in there that consistently crashes the game when trying to build a bus stop (see screenshot, where the cursor is pointing)

7354340378_32c22bff84_k_d.jpg

I have a stack trace if needed...