• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

winnihym

Corporal
25 Badges
Dec 8, 2011
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
Heya, Folks, Winnihym here, new forum member!

Just a quick note to the devs, as I didn't see this reported elsewhere after a quick search. On summoned units (at least on the Beastmaster summoned units) you can "dispel" the summoned unit perk (by clicking on the perk), making them essentially permanently summoned. Not sure that's the intent.

Nope- some summoned units have a timer to self-destruct enchantment. Like the Beastmasters (Fervus human temple unit) or the Sisters of Krypta. Apparently, if you click to dismiss the self-destruct enchantment you can keep the unit indefinitely. Or until something kills it.

Units that are summoned by special abilities instead of summoning spells have a set duration and no upkeep. The duration timer is an enchantment effect, and when the duration expires, they disappear automagically. If you cancel the enchantment before it expires on its own, instead of the unit disappearing like it should, it becomes permanent instead.

Edit: Ninjas.

Actually, there is an upkeep cost for the summons ("Old Wolves" for beastmasters), and it does apply that upkeep to your totals. One of the reasons I knew I had permanent wolves; I was suddenly and inexplicably down 7 food.

Funny thing is you can actually dismiss banes as well (or at least the 3 i was able to check).