+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Way to make game faster?

Way to make game faster?

Hey is there a way to make the game faster. i mean at full speed it goes 1 day a second, possibly a way to change the map fog to speed it up?

That sounds like it might be a problem with your computer, and is part of the reason why Gigau shies away from putting in large minimods into the game.

I'm pretty sure that EU3 only runs on 1 processor core, so even if you have a quad core, if each individual core is not very powerful, you can end up with a weak EU3. I have a pretty decent computer and on max speed, 2-3 seconds are a month for me.

To answer your question: I'm not sure, but somebody else might know a way to disable some of the graphics of the map to make your game run faster. I doubt it will make much of a difference though, as most of the game's memory comes from calculations happening all around the world in the game, and I'm not sure if there is any way to disable those without ruining the game.

You can speed the game up a bit by being zoomed out to the point that figure animations and fog of war are disabled though, and that will help with game speed.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yeah, it comes from the CPU frequency basically and memory also ... I got 16Gb with a core i7 2600K and a max speed MEIOU is kinda as fast as yours (maybe a little faster than 1s/day) but to compare CK2 (multithreading nativally) is WAAAYY faster even with event check each day (instead of 20 days in vanilla).

Ship Simulator Extremes

1 second per day sounds insane. My computer is nothing to write home about but even as a large empire in the 18th century I still get a half decent speed.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbz View Post
    Hey is there a way to make the game faster. i mean at full speed it goes 1 day a second, possibly a way to change the map fog to speed it up?
    On the MEIOU Launcher, you have a button to uninstall SRI AI... try it. Should also help the speed.

What are the specs (cup, ram, graphic card, os,..) of your computer ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

On the MEIOU Launcher, you have a button to uninstall SRI AI... try it. Should also help the speed.

What are the specs (cup, ram, graphic card, os,..) of your computer ?
    AMD athlon 65 x2 dual core processor 2.5ghz~
    4gb
    ATI radeon 5600 series
    Windows 7.

Thanks for the help i uninstalled SRI AI.

80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Did you perform the 2Gb or the 4Gb Fix ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Then there isn't much more that can be don" about speed, especially as your computer looks good enough.
    •

+ Reply to Thread