• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like your idea and the mod. I have a few ideas myself :). I only played through the first year just to get a grasp of the mod.

- there seems to be a small bug when loading the 1936 scenario with the mod, which says technology not found (no id or so) but when you hit ignore it loads + save game is not corrupted (loads normally)
- the purple colour is well....very purple...for myself it is a bit too purple but not a big point (and if you want to keep it that way, it is fine by me)
- I guess you will change the counters as well (old flag of Greece)
- what about leaders of other nations, it is quite funny to see Boris III and Zog I in your leader pool while these nations are still independent :p
- maybe you should gradually increase IC for Byzantion, say you choose a policy and every half year / year an x-number of IC is added to random provinces.
- what about more advanced weaponry and techs? I can imagine a revanchist Byzantion being half way between Italy and Germany. Not as strong as Italy and Germany but it would focus more and more on quality and the breakthrough principle to gain back the old lands...
-about those old lands...when you for instance conquer Albania / Bulgaria / Syria etc (the eastern part of the Roman Empire) would these nations slowly core to you? (think of the Kaiserreich events?)

I think this mod is really nice and adds some flavor to the WWII scenarios. I hope you find this review / feedback useful? I can't wait to play further on into WWII! :D

Tim

Damn forgot about the first one. It's in the tech team file, I accidentally removed one ; too much in the end of one of the lines and can't find which one :(

- As for counters, I don't have the tools or skill to make them. If anyone wants go ahead.
- I will look into Boris and Zog though I was 100% certain there were only Greeks in Byz.
- For tech, Byzantium already is rather strong and has Mobility focus. Byzantium itself should have no problem in the game the main issue is how Germany will do.
- Yes, Albania etc. will in future releases core to you though Albania is currently going to Italy. I am planning to make Italy-Byzantium co-operation events if the latter joins Axis which would eventually return Albania to Constantinople and make preparations for re-uniting the western and eastern Empires.

Yes all feedback is useful for now thanks :)

You have the Roman flag made right? You could always ask for counters of the same flag in the flag request thread ;). I am not able to make them myself unfortunately...

Tim

Another idea...would it be possible for the Roman Empire, if selecting the belligerent course (wanting to reclaim lost lands) to support the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War. To get more trained soldiers and to create an ally in the west?

Tim

I love you

Another idea...would it be possible for the Roman Empire, if selecting the belligerent course (wanting to reclaim lost lands) to support the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War. To get more trained soldiers and to create an ally in the west?

Tim
Sure.
EDIT: Added SCW intervention, will be included in next version.

I'd appreciate if someone came up with a good name for the Byzantine expeditionary force in Spain. Germany has the Condor Legion Italy has Corpo Truppe Volontare what would Constantinople have?
and something to stop USSR to molest you if they don't like you attacking bulgaria? :p
Dunno, Maybe I can just remove their Guarantee. They will still join the Axis though, I may remove that (or postpone) to give Byzantium some time to take it.

EDIT: Removed Soviet guarantee from Bulgaria. Will be included in next version.
I love you
Appreciated :)

Last edited:
For the legion name I would suggest:

Legion VII Gemina (or skip the VII part) -> This was the legion stationed in Spain between 75-400 (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_legions ). You could also name it Legion Hispania or Iberia. Another cool name would be Legion Victrix (victorious). About the SCW, is there also the option to military control Nationalist Spain?

I like your idea about Bulgaria, it should really be a small war (something like Italy vs Ethiopia). You should also remove the German guarantee (if there is any?)

Tim

I would use a Greek name perhaps, Greek was the official language of the Empire from 620 and onwards. Also, Byzantine units were not listed as Legions since late antiquity. The Byantines used units named Thema which was based on the Thema administrative system (thus units carried the name of the provinces they were raised in). Hmm, what is the Greek name for Spain? Thema [Spain] would be a good choice for the expeditionary force.

I will start renaming Byzantine army-size units in Byzantine names, shamelessly copied from EU3. Makedonikon is one name I really like, and generic names would be on Thema template.

But yes you can MC the Nationalists, the event is identical to the Italian one.

Germans never asked my alliance :( They just raped me and I had to wait with 28 divisions in Istanbul for the russians to defeat the Germans... In the end the russians took half of my landmass and Europe is quite red...

they never won france in my game. they lost in Europe but African colonies were still named france. then UK annexed them...

Would Byzantium also have the option to give acces and for instance when Egypt is conquered by the Italians, would they be forced to join Axis or face defeat? An outright alliance for Germany would gain nothing for both sides yet.

Another thing that I thought about was the Syria part. Would it be just how Japan would occupy French Indochina. So when France falls, Byzantium attacks the remaining part of Turkey (very easy though, one needs only to conquer Ankara and annex ;) ). So when Byzantium attacks Turkey and wins and France falls, Syria is kinda left under a pro-Vichy government with little help. The same goes for Indochina and gets occupied by Japan (in this case it is made puppet).

What my proposal would be is:
1. outright annexation demand (which would be 85-90% chance be refused by Syria) - when refused, Byzantion gains option to attack -> Allies react to this with a chance that UK says war!
2. the second option would be a forced puppet (this would be more acceptable to Syria say 10-15% chance refuse) and a year or two later they are annexed to the Empire (with potential revolt or war but small chance)
3. Do nothing (remain isolationist) very low chance...

last but not least. There should be an event that replaces the PM of the Empire Konstantinos Demertzis (dies in office) with Ioannes Metaxas (very pro monarchist / imperialist)

Tim

What you could do is, when germans control Paris, the event fires automaticly.
Makes sense.
Would Byzantium also have the option to give acces and for instance when Egypt is conquered by the Italians, would they be forced to join Axis or face defeat? An outright alliance for Germany would gain nothing for both sides yet.

Another thing that I thought about was the Syria part. Would it be just how Japan would occupy French Indochina. So when France falls, Byzantium attacks the remaining part of Turkey (very easy though, one needs only to conquer Ankara and annex ;) ). So when Byzantium attacks Turkey and wins and France falls, Syria is kinda left under a pro-Vichy government with little help. The same goes for Indochina and gets occupied by Japan (in this case it is made puppet).

What my proposal would be is:
1. outright annexation demand (which would be 85-90% chance be refused by Syria) - when refused, Byzantion gains option to attack -> Allies react to this with a chance that UK says war!
2. the second option would be a forced puppet (this would be more acceptable to Syria say 10-15% chance refuse) and a year or two later they are annexed to the Empire (with potential revolt or war but small chance)
3. Do nothing (remain isolationist) very low chance...

last but not least. There should be an event that replaces the PM of the Empire Konstantinos Demertzis (dies in office) with Ioannes Metaxas (very pro monarchist / imperialist)

Tim
Makes sense as well. Need to do some rearranging of events for that but I give it a thought. :)

As for Metaxas I will do that, not so familiar with Greek history myself so I trust you on this.

Well, the thing is in Kaiserreich you have this event with Metaxas is back...and got me to think about it ;) and I just search a little wikipedia etc. ;). Thanks for giving it a thought :)

Tim

Good mod for the Byzantophiles among us, just a bit of a problem that irks me: I keep getting hit by right-wing coup d'etat events that make the country more democratic and seem to be resurrecting the (supposedly) dead Manuel XVI to serve as HoS. Reloaded an autosave and then I seem to have had Georgios II installed on the throne instead.

Good mod for the Byzantophiles among us, just a bit of a problem that irks me: I keep getting hit by right-wing coup d'etat events that make the country more democratic and seem to be resurrecting the (supposedly) dead Manuel XVI to serve as HoS. Reloaded an autosave and then I seem to have had Georgios II installed on the throne instead.
it hits me if I use the event that kills some of your military leaders.

I got that event too - first time (on the third playthrough). Rest assured it will be released in next version which I most likely release tomorrow.