• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if by latins u mean the occupation in the 13th century, no offence but this is the second most ahistorical thing i have ever heard. fistly the latins were christians, they didnt occupied all of the state, they didnt used to "steal" young children from their families to turn them to their elite troops, they didnt had so big taxes for everything ,even for living, they didnt used to make as bow when one of them passes the road, the patriarche was preserved only for making the greeks less unlikely to revolt, it was an ottoman puppet and it declared every rebbelion as its enemy,in 1821 the low rank priest stood against such a declarion and were the first to begin the rebbelion. in my opinion if the reason not to take those areas was the fact that no much greeks live in the area in the year 2012(in the 20th century the greeks in east thrace were much but they were wiped out by undercovered turk operations or ultraislamists) shall i remind u that 10 million greeks live outside our todays borders and can be called anytime to live to the new areas conquered.

You'd be lucky if you get 100,000 people to return out of that 10 million.

I thought in this scenario anatolia was predominantly greek? Just like Thrace and Constantinople?

As in real life, Mongol invasion of Anatolia drove great amounts of Turkish refugees to Anatolia. Greek-speaking people are a majority but Turks form the largest minority.
The difference between this mod and real life is that Sultan Osman I either never gained power or was simply never born, and there was no major Turkish states appearing to beat down the dying Empire, buying it time to gather its bones and survive. That said the Fourth Crusade did occur (thus Palaiologoi ruling the Empire) and the Empire was very weak and forgotten for most of the early modern era, getting fully back on its feet not until 1800's.
Most of Anatolia remained Muslim over the years, with Byzantine reconquest in 19th century (Egypt took real-life Ottoman's position as the West's greatest Muslim rival). The Turkey formed after WW1 in Anatolia is little more than a makeshift amalgam of ethnicities much like Yugoslavia. The Entente did not want to exterminate the Empire completely due to its old roots but cutting it down a bit was deemed necessary so the French protectorate of Turkey (been thinking about renaming it Republic of Anatolia) was established.

Even if this is unlikely it could be a way to make the rest of turkey Greek.

On that note is it possible to add a different mapmode for dh? Like a culture mapmode similar to EU3's?

u underestimate the greek love for their country, i will say just one thing from the rebbelion in 1821 to balkan wars and wws every single greek living in foreign lands, from the workes till our greatest scientists came to risk their lifes for their nation, now that the nation asks it's children back and has a lot to give why they wouldnt come, our people abroad even write songs for the day that the will set foot on their beloved homeland

i think rebublic of anatolia would be better cause as u said turks arent the majority (and they wont have much time to slaughter the other nationalities as they did historicaly)so to prevent a christian rebbelion the entente wouldnt name the state turkey

i think rebublic of anatolia would be better cause as u said turks arent the majority (and they wont have much time to slaughter the other nationalities as they did historicaly)so to prevent a christian rebbelion the entente wouldnt name the state turkey
Aye, once 1.03 comes out I start working on the next patch. A few things will get new names including Turkey. The flag will probably change too, I'm thinking of a red flag with a white star in the middle.

u underestimate the greek love for their country, i will say just one thing from the rebbelion in 1821 to balkan wars and wws every single greek living in foreign lands, from the workes till our greatest scientists came to risk their lifes for their nation, now that the nation asks it's children back and has a lot to give why they wouldnt come, our people abroad even write songs for the day that the will set foot on their beloved homeland

No offence but no country is that extreme not even Greece. there are many reasons for Greeks to leave Greece not to go back to it right now.....

Don't know. Probably not, but existing units will probably be rearranged and named after the themes they are stationed in.
come on, gotta take advantage of patch 1.3
create some special units only availible for byzantine- like the Varangian Guard, the historically elite bodyguards of the emporer
i suggest rename HQ to Strategos- mainly for flavor
events to recover the greek fire? a new naval/land brigade?
rename armored/cavalry to cataphract

these are just ideas

the mod is fun so far

but its strange that i start, for example, with 1932 cav. but my latest cav. tech is for 1921...

give the empire the 1932 tech or 1921 starting divs

edit: you should rename istanbul

Last edited:
Will be addressed for next version. It may take a while to update it though due to my studies.

Renaming Istanbul probably won't happen for a while since I don't know how to edit the map. Take some comfort in the fact that Istanbul is a Greek name not a Turkish one as often thought.

Can you add a option to absolutism or Constitucionalism? :D